Miami Dolphins’ current view of Tua Tagovailoa and Justin Herbert might surprise you | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins’ current view of Tua Tagovailoa and Justin Herbert might surprise you

Ok... fair enough, but look at Carson Wentz as an example... highly talented, can’t stay healthy...is that really what we want?

I have to say I am worried based on Tua’s two year injury history...no matter how talented he is!
Even being as "injury prone" as you say Carson Wentz is, he still has led the Eagles to two division titles in four seasons and started 56 out of a possible 64 regular season games.

Tua’s injury prone two seasons are a concern for every NFL evaluator, you want to ignore that because you have a man crush on Tua? Let’s see how that works out for us?

The kid is a excellent passer...but he’s fragile...that’s just reality!
The hip is the only thing that has NFL guys concerned. Even with that concern, he's still going in the top five. If they were so concerned there would be no way he would be going in the top five. The only reason he might not go #1 overall is because of the hip. The ankle injuries aren't a factor.

The hip is the only thing that has NFL guys concerned. Even with that concern, he's still going in the top five. If they were so concerned there would be no way he would be going in the top five. The only reason he might not go #1 overall is because of the hip. The ankle injuries aren't a factor.
Ok man whatever... the kid has multiple lower extremity injuries in only two seasons... no way I trade up for him. You want to gamble number 5 on him?...ok....but multiple picks?....no!

Ok man whatever... the kid has multiple lower extremity injuries in only two seasons... no way I trade up for him. You want to gamble number 5 on him?...ok....but multiple picks?....no!
That's what is going to happen. It will either be Miami or some other team, but yeah, I hope it's Miami.

That's what is going to happen. It will either be Miami or some other team, but yeah, I hope it's Miami.

I just don’t want to trade all the extra picks we acquired on a huge gamble injury wise...history has shown again and again how nature points out the folly of man...I’ll accept Tua at 5.... not trading away our future and multiple picks!

Burrow had a broken hand and a separated shoulder. Wouldn't that be just as alarming for someone who throws a ball for a living? Some guys like Rosen had concussion injuries in college. To me that's way more concerning knowing the history of people who get concussions are more susceptible to more of them. Concussions can definitely be career enders. There really isn't any perfect prospects. Every one of them have something that you can nitpick about them. There have been loads of players who have injuries in college that went on to have long healthy careers just like there have been loads of prospects that were totally healthy in college and got hurt in the pros and had extremely short careers. I love the analogy TedSlimm used in another post. He said injuries are like lightning strikes. You just don't know when and where they are going to happen.
Kid apparently also had broken ribs in that championship game as well, guess he’s injury prone as well..... :munch:

Didn't Ross talk positive about Herbert last year before and after he declared to stay his senior year?

I doubt much has changed there.

Definitely wouldn't shock me if they would take Herbert at 5. Even if TT was still there.

Dude, the more I look into it... The more I like Herbert. Burrow is QB1....Herbert QB2.

Go to 2:43 mark......

Dude, the more I look into it... The more I like Herbert. Burrow is QB1....Herbert QB2.

i think he and burrow have a better chance for success in the nfl than tua for the mere fact they can see over the O line.

Cool, cherry pick your facts

Bad finger...ok, football injury.

Ankle sprains...ok, football injury.

Dislocated hip...not ok, injury you get from a catastrophic car injury.

Cherry-picking...yeah right.

Like Brees and Wilson haven’t had a “better chance” at success?
If you are going back two decades to point to examples, they are outliers my friend. Exceptions to the rule, who were drafted lower for that exact reason.

If you are going back two decades to point to examples, they are outliers my friend. Exceptions to the rule, who were drafted lower for that exact reason.
What about Murray and Mayfield? I’ll even mention the 6’2” and under QBs like Rodgers and Watson.

Last edited:
Kyler Murray and Baker more recently as well.

They're only "outliers" because GMs and scouts generally operated an incorrect assumption that not having a minimum height meant you couldn't have success.

That has since been proven completely false. If you can see through college Olineman and aren't getting balls knocked down, it's not all of a sudden going to start happening in the NFL.

Go to 2:43 mark......

You sure do have a knack and a history of falling in love with and touting QBs with a marginal chance of succeeding in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom