Miami Dolphins’ current view of Tua Tagovailoa and Justin Herbert might surprise you | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins’ current view of Tua Tagovailoa and Justin Herbert might surprise you

Why is this so hard for so many to grasp the point I was making? If the Redskins decide they want Tua, of course there is nothing Miami can do about that. It would be out of their hands at that point and it's time to move on to plan B. But if he is their guy, they should make the move up to get him, not just sit there and hope he falls to you. This isn't hard to understand. Many on here want to just sit there at #5 and hope it works out and think oh well there are four QBs and Miami will get one of them as if they are all equal.
What if he isn't "their guy", to begin with?

Are you even open to entertaining that thought?

If not, you aren't even talking about legitimate philosophical differences. You are just beating the table for your personal preference.

That's fine too, but then let's not pretend to argue the best philosophy angle.

How is it a smear piece if it actually happened? We can all appreciate Tua and his talent and also acknowledge that his father was the worst kind of sports dad.

Because everyone else got their asses beat if they ****ed up didnt they?

Am I crazy here? Or is there just a huge generation gap im dealing with?

I do not agree with that kind of treatment but Tua is about to most likely go top 5 and would've been #1 if not for the injury. The end sometimes justifies the means.

You are definitely crazy, brother. I got my arse whooped for getting in trouble, not for going 1-4 with 3 strikeouts.

I don't know - I’m quite a bit older than Galu and I never beat my son with a belt for throwing interceptions and my dad never beat me for throwing interceptions.

Maybe we all should have.

Of course that's out of your hands. I would really have a hard time believing that a franchise wouldn't have these QBs ranked in some type of order. If Miami has Tua as their number one ranked QB, then should do what they can to go get him. Many on here are advocating just sitting where you are and taking what is left at QB as if they are all considered equal prospects.

I'll accept that. I struggle with "as if." As far as Miami is concerned, they MAY BE roughly equal prospects, or, Miami may say, 'you know, Tua is better, but not THAT MUCH better.' No one knows Miami's QB ranking order nor their ranking differentials. Nor do we know rankings between positions. Sitting still may be plan A.

That is oversimplification because of the "elephant in the room", AKA Tua's injury propensity.

You can downplay it, or ignore it if you want, as a fan, but there is no GM in the league who doesn't give it some degree of weight, even if they have a "healthy" Tua as rated #1.

Many on here believe that there is no question that TT will absolutely have the best career of any QB in this draft. That is not a given either, and saying it is, is just willful ignorance of history. There are no sure things. TT is not the only QB in this draft that could end up being "elite", whatever definition you care to use for that undefinable term.
Who is saying that Tua is a sure thing? I know I've never said that. All I've ever said is that I believe he is the best prospect in this year's QB class. Sure the GMs are going to give the injury weight but they also have to weigh that against the risk that the other QBs aren't as good a prospect as Tua. All I know is that I wouldn't hold it against the organization if they gambled on a prospect as good as Tua at the most important position in all of sports and he didn't work out. I'm not naïve enough to believe that one of the other QBs in the draft can't go on to be more successful than Tua, but as things stand right now, from all I have to base the decision on, Tua looks to have the best chance of success in my eyes.

I'll accept that. I struggle with "as if." As far as Miami is concerned, they MAY BE roughly equal prospects, or, Miami may say, 'you know, Tua is better, but not THAT MUCH better.' No one knows Miami's QB ranking order nor their ranking differentials. Nor do we know rankings between positions. Sitting still may be plan A.
You are exactly right. I'm just playing the "if" game. We don't know what Miami is thinking. They could be in love with Love and that could be their plan A and staying at #5 would be just fine for them. But if they deem Tua a superior prospect then they should be working as hard as they can to make that happen until he is selected by one of the teams in front of them.

Who is saying that Tua is a sure thing? I know I've never said that. All I've ever said is that I believe he is the best prospect in this year's QB class. Sure the GMs are going to give the injury weight but they also have to weigh that against the risk that the other QBs aren't as good a prospect as Tua. All I know is that I wouldn't hold it against the organization if they gambled on a prospect as good as Tua at the most important position in all of sports and he didn't work out. I'm not naïve enough to believe that one of the other QBs in the draft can't go on to be more successful than Tua, but as things stand right now, from all I have to base the decision on, Tua looks to have the best chance of success in my eyes.
That is not an unreasonable position.

It just seems that many posters (not you necessarily) have a TT is the only acceptable decision mindset.

I see that as a narrow view.

If Herbert and Love didn't have the Look of NFL QBs MIA and any other QB hungry team would be bent over further paying top dollar for Tua and the teams still may balk on paying to move up in the end but the price should come down surely the Combine was a good on Herbert and Love but whoever takes them in the top 7-8 they will have to wait for their rewards

After everyone shines at their pro day inc. Tua MIA will say they like Herbert and Love and this is the price to move up to #2 it is dumb to move up to #3 -> Miami selects some bad-ass players at 18 and 26 OA when and if Skins take Tua at Tua

I said last year that Haskins is a stiff and I said 2 months ago that the Skins are the REAL threat to take Tua at Tua (#2) and if that is the case MIA will stay at #5 and draft the incumbent to Fitz but no one is ready to push Fitz but Tua at this point - end of story

Mia will also say that they liked said QB player at #5 and that is all we'll hear about it

Be prepared Fitz could play 8-8 ball for three more years waiting for Herbert or Love to come around

If the Skins won't deal it is because they will Take Tua at Tua because Haskins is a stiff this is apparent and it has nothing to do with how good Chase Young is -> Chase Young doesn't do much for Wash Offence

And MIA isn't giving 5 first rd picks to WASH they will call that bluff ~ I am sure they already know what they're prepared to give to move up and it is quite less than what WASH wants because WASH they gave up a lot to get RG3 doesn't mean jack squat each team makes that decision based on their measurements not what another franchise did in the past

I imagine it is gonna cost Mia an extra first rd pick in one of the next two years and a second and third in either 2020-2021~ (that is #5 and 3 picks total an extra 1, 2 and 3) and if Wash wants more Mia is not moving up and Tua is a Skin

And Fitz is your QB

That is not an unreasonable position.

It just seems that many posters (not you necessarily) have a TT is the only acceptable decision mindset.

I see that as a narrow view.

It is narrow thank you because Burrow Love Herbert are all gonna suck big time if they have to start in year one and likely year two

The new NFL where QBs are rushed

I think it’s a generation gap. I’ve played sports my whole life and those kinds of parents were shunned pretty much universally. Everyone has their opinions on whether the belt was appropriate or not, but we can all agree when punishment at all is needed. Whipping your kid because he threw an INT is not appropriate. Ever.

What if he isn't "their guy", to begin with?

Are you even open to entertaining that thought?

If not, you aren't even talking about legitimate philosophical differences. You are just beating the table for your personal preference.

That's fine too, but then let's not pretend to argue the best philosophy angle.
Of course I'm open to the idea that Miami has someone else as "their guy" and that's what scares me about the organization and makes me lump them in with the other bad organizations that we discussed in a different post. Sometimes the obvious choice is the right choice. I don't think many scouts or talent evaluators would say Love or Herbert are better prospects than Tua. Sometime when you over think things and feel you are smarter than everyone else, you end up with Mitch Tribuski when Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson are available.

Back
Top Bottom