Miami Dolphins Defense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Defense

RealDriscoll

Still Perfect.. and You're Not.
Reaction score
Who would have ever thought our defense would be #2 in the NFL and dominating games. I don't think we need many changes next off-season at all. THe only change I would want to go out and do is sign Lance Briggs or Adalius Thomas to start with Zach Thomas and CHanning Crowder.Resigning Donnie Jones, Yermiah Bell, Vonnie HOlliday, and possibly Keith Traylor is key to our defense. OUr secondary looks solid with Travis Daniels, Andre Goodman, and Will Allen locking down at corner. Jason Allen, Renaldo Hill, and Yermiah Bell are playing great at safety. Channing Crowder and Zach Thomas are all over the place making plays. OUr defensive line is just plain dominant. As if Jason Taylor, Vonnie Holliday, Keith TRaylor, Dan WIlkinson, Jeff Zgonia, and Kevin Carter weren't enough, Matt Roth has emerged. I knew it was coming but is a freak. THe future of this team looks great because we have a good mix of veterans and young players; the veterans are up their in age but are the heart and soul of this team and are still playing at a top notch level. Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor, belive it or not, still have a few years left in the tank. The NFL should be afraid of this defense next year especially if we add a Lance Briggs or Adalius Thomas, Real Scared

We need and hve needed one thing. A stable offensive system, an identity. We need to keep Mularkey and develop what we have. If we keep bringing a new qb and new offensive system every year, we will always start out flat at the beg. of the year. This hsould be the last offseason that we ahave adress the qb question. I dont think Cpep and Joey are it, so we need to figure this one out.

RealDriscoll said:
Who would have ever thought our defense would be #2 in the NFL and dominating games. I don't think we need many changes next off-season at all. THe only change I would want to go out and do is sign Lance Briggs or Adalius Thomas to start with Zach Thomas and CHanning Crowder.Resigning Donnie Jones, Yermiah Bell, Vonnie HOlliday, and possibly Keith Traylor is key to our defense. OUr secondary looks solid with Travis Daniels, Andre Goodman, and Will Allen locking down at corner. Jason Allen, Renaldo Hill, and Yermiah Bell are playing great at safety. Channing Crowder and Zach Thomas are all over the place making plays. OUr defensive line is just plain dominant. As if Jason Taylor, Vonnie Holliday, Keith TRaylor, Dan WIlkinson, Jeff Zgonia, and Kevin Carter weren't enough, Matt Roth has emerged. I knew it was coming but is a freak. THe future of this team looks great because we have a good mix of veterans and young players; the veterans are up their in age but are the heart and soul of this team and are still playing at a top notch level. Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor, belive it or not, still have a few years left in the tank. The NFL should be afraid of this defense next year especially if we add a Lance Briggs or Adalius Thomas, Real Scared

I agree we have been dominant on defense this year (as compared to years past)...but there is STILL one thing that scares the bejeeezus out of me...

We ALWAYS seem to let teams back into games we either have the lead in or seemingly have won. I don't know whether a change in offensive philosophy might help in that regard. I always remember when Nick came on board that we wanted to establish a "put the game away," killer instinct. Maybe that will take a little more time to develop, and we've seen some flashes (dim ones). What will it take to get us over THAT HUMP???? It would be great if we were 'feared,' or one of those teams 'you don't wanna play'...I just don't quite see it yet.

I AM the eternal optimist, and like what I've seen for the most part over the past two years. I just hope we're able to strike that precious balance between offense and defense that gets us back to the top!!

Go DOLPHINS!!

don't forget about david bowens, we must resign him too. Bleieve it or not, he's a very important part of our pass rush packages and may have a more important role if we get rid of carter and/or holliday

RealDriscoll said:
good post...We have always had a pretty domintaing defense over the last ten years. on a normal basis top ten and better. Im not surprised that our D is as good as it is...YEAH...Noone can EVER take anything away from our D

We should have Will Poole back at corner next year too right? That would *** some nice depth with Will Allen, Travis, and Goodman.

J. Allen with a yr's experience under his belt should aslo show significant improvement next season.

Let's draft Poz at LB and were good to go.

Without hurting our nucleus we are going to have to work in Roth, Evans, and a pickup in FA in the starting lineup. We are going to lose minimum one of our vets if not two due to age and economic reasons. But, yes our defense overall has been dominant.

Now we need to complete things by working on the offense, the OL to be precise. Expect a LOT of changes on the OL this offseason. This offense also needs another playmaker at WR and a healthy RB and one more back. Question here; do y'all think we need Ricky more than ever back and will be willing to come back. Is there enough heart for the game left in him to make the come back? Obviously this will effect our plans to draft one more back in mid to late rounds.

jac3477 said:
We need and hve needed one thing. A stable offensive system, an identity. We need to keep Mularkey and develop what we have. If we keep bringing a new qb and new offensive system every year, we will always start out flat at the beg. of the year. This hsould be the last offseason that we ahave adress the qb question. I dont think Cpep and Joey are it, so we need to figure this one out.

I would not want to be Saban trying to figure out closure and resolution with the qb situation. So much depends on Culpepper and if he can be the qb he once was. My goodness has the organization been cursed at the qb position for so long! As far as Mularkey I am truly on the fence about him. I understand continuity but isn't there better out there as far as a OC who Saban feels comfortable with.

if we can't resign or keep some...it will be due to finances. I believe Carter's due 6.5 million next year. Holiday is a FA. The offseason will have MANY teams with 20+ mill to spend and I believe an expect 7 teams with 30+ mill to spend....we may not be able to keep them all while having talent in the wings (like roth, vickerson etc.).

RealDriscoll said:

Actually many of us on this board in the off season spoke of the great possibilities. I do share your optimism. I'm excited about the 2ndary for the simple fact that there won't be that much (if any) of a turnover.

Back
Top Bottom