Miami Dolphins don’t need Julio Jones at the current asking price | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins don’t need Julio Jones at the current asking price

Before last year Julio had missed one game in the last 3 seasons so I'm not sure where this aging injury prone stigma comes from. If he took his salary down to 15 million I would gladly take trade a 2nd or 3rd + Devante Parker for him.
I think that's a bit misleading.

I don't follow the Falcons, but based on my limited recollection there have been many occasions over the past few seasons where he guts out whatever injuries he has and starts anyway (as a shadow of himself).

Not even sure he finishes those games he starts. Is that a stat?

I don't have a link, that's just my sense of Julio over the past 4 or 5 seasons.

I think that's a bit misleading.

I don't follow the Falcons, but based on my limited recollection there have been many occasions over the past few seasons where he guts out whatever injuries he has and starts anyway (as a shadow of himself).

Not even sure he finishes those games he starts. Is that a stat?

I don't have a link, that's just my sense of Julio over the past 4 or 5 seasons.

Prior to last year Julio Jones had missed one game the previous 3 seasons. If what you say is true in that he guts out whatever injuries he may have and starts anyways well it surely hasn't affected his production.

From 2017-2019

Julio is #1 in yards with 4515 #5 in receptions with 300 and #17 in TDs with 17 (He's never been a prolific TD scorer). If thats a shadow I'd hate to see the man who cast it.

Just the year prior in 2019 he was #2 in the NFL in yards and had 99 receptions. Now maybe this is the beginning of his downfall and he will be more and more injury prone since he is 32 years of age BUT this whole Julio has been injured a lot recently is false. 2020 is the first time since 2013 that Jones has missed significant time.

10 yr 848 catches 12,900 yd 60 td..avg 96 games. Last yr 771 in 9 games. He still got another 3 to 4 yr left..if healthy...

We're not that type of Tannenbuamish Front Office anymore. That fat moron would jump all over a splash like this because he though that's what he needed to do to keep his job. How'd that work out for ya Big Mike, ESPN's new talking head. This FO has a plan, a goal and a method to obtain that goal. If you so much as get in the way Flo kicks you're butt out of town. His plan doesn't include trading #1 picks for a 31 year old receiver who's best football is largely behind him. We already have a 27 year old FA speedster in Will Fuller who was a first round pick in 2016 after starring at Notre Dame. Last year, in 10 games he had just under 900 yards and 8 TDs. I hope teams sleep on Fuller when they play us and double team Waddle and Parker instead, that man will make them pay. The difference in FO competence is that the past group brought in Kenny Stills, a 5th rounder who I believe is a way overrated player and Flo and Grier bring in a Will Fuller with a Notre Dame pedigree and the 21st player off the board. He's been stuck down in Houston and we all know having success as a Texan can be rough but he did his best and now he's a Dolphin. He's finally on a good team and make no mistake we'll be plenty good this year. Final thought, I see Preston Williams having a very strong year. He and Tua have something special.

The old Dolphins would do this. This organization is different now and there is no way we do this. The price, the pick, 31 in decline and a weekly scratch candidate? As others have said, perfect for Green Bay or Baltimore.

The old dolphins would pay 20 million a year to a ham and cheese sandwich to play quarterback.

Free agent to be Devante Adams would actually make more sense if your trying to replace Devante Parker, which for 2021, I'm not.

Personally I think I'm very content with the current group of WR's and will re-evaluate after the season.

I think Green Bay missed their opportunity to cash in on Rodgers and subsequently, Adams.

For a second rounder....I would have done that with a contract rework
Maybe, but there is really no incentive for Jones to do that at this point in his career.

The only way it would have made sense for us, is if Atlanta either "ate" part of the salary going forward, or they were willing to take Parker in trade. Neither of which would seem to serve their agenda.

Back
Top Bottom