Miami Dolphins don’t need Julio Jones at the current asking price | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins don’t need Julio Jones at the current asking price

Maybe, but there is really no incentive for Jones to do that at this point in his career.

The only way it would have made sense for us, is if Atlanta either "ate" part of the salary going forward, or they were willing to take Parker in trade. Neither of which would seem to serve their agenda.
It's going to be interesting to see if the titans take in his contract as is

It's going to be interesting to see if the titans take in his contract as is

Are GM's getting in line or nothing worth hovering about.

Looks like the Titans are responsible for all of Jones 15.3 mil. for the 2021 season. yikes

What will they do ?

They supposedly were 3 million under the cap.
Wonder any players possibly being cut of interest ?

Are GM's getting in line or nothing worth hovering about.

Looks like the Titans are responsible for all of Jones 15.3 mil. for the 2021 season. yikes

What will they do ?

They supposedly were 3 million under the cap.
Wonder any players possibly being cut of interest ?
They have wiggle room with Tannehill's contract...signing bonus stuff, etc.

At least that's what the guys on their forum were saying.

Receiver deepest unit on the team by far rather see a trade for a legit running back.

Does Julio Jones put the Titans over the hump?......

I dont think so. Honestly I think the combo of Brown/Davis is better.... even with Julio the Titans Wr room is weaker than last year.

I dont think so. Honestly I think the combo of Brown/Davis is better.... even with Julio the Titans Wr room is weaker than last year.
Offense-wise, they were already over the hump...defense-wise, I doubt it.

I wonder how much JJ could have helped the Green Bay situation to appease AR?

If it could have salvaged the situation, this was a cheap fix they avoided... again.

Regardless of who you feel is in the right (GB or AR) and no matter how you feel about AR, what is 2 or 3 more years of appeasing an elite QB to get him a chance at a few more SBs?

Some teams wait decades for a player like AR. To have one that has given you so much, why not align for 2 or 3 more years to get a few more chances at the Super Bowl?

I expected and understand the Jordan Love pick. But outside of that pick, GB should have been continuing to build with AR until he rides off in the sunset.

Devoting one pick to JL while not devoting the rest to AR and committing in FA.... they screwed the pooch on this one. They deserve the drama they have created for themselves.

If they thought they could play the same hand against AR they played with him against BF and expected no drama.... jobs should be on the line for such a monumental assumption.

This is literally a situation where no one wins and everyone loses, regardless of what happens on the field.

Last edited:

What made Davis a better option than Julio is?

What made Davis a better option than Julio is?
He doesn't have the age or injury history Julio does.

I'm also of the opinion that most WRs top out at age 30-32 range. Julio may still be decent... maybe even good for a year or two but his speed will fall off and he's such a diva I just don't see him being the asset everyone is making him out to be.

I wouldn't give a 4th for him unless we restructured the contract in a team friendly way.

Back
Top Bottom