Miami Dolphins Dt Jordan Phillips Wants To Be Elite. How Close Is He? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Dt Jordan Phillips Wants To Be Elite. How Close Is He?

Phillips is going to blow up this year, immense talent and he's starting to figure it out. I just hope we can keep him if he plays like I expect, he won't be cheap.

As the article says, he can be unblockable 'at times".

Contract year coming up. We shall see.

Wanting to be elite and putting in the work to be elite are two different things. I don't think Phillips has the work ethic to ever get to that level. For one thing, he's never in good physical shape. Shows up overweight and looks like he's never spent any time in the weight room.

I like the kid.

There are about 7 or 8 guys on this roster that I wish we had two of, he'd be on the list. Probably 7th or 8th on the list, but he's on the list.

The rest of the list would be rather obvious and I am fairly confident in my top 4. After that it get's tricky.

1. Ryan Tannehill backing up Ryan Tannehill pretty much guarantees me 16 games of Tannehill. Nuff said.
2. Laremy Tunsil, we know he can play OG. (you could talk me into putting him No.1).
3. Xavien Howard locking down both sides of the field, awesome.
4. Minkah Fitzpatrick, needs no explanation. (you can flip 3 and 4).

5. Drake, C.Harris, Raekwon, Gesicki, Phillips would be in the conversation.

I can make a case for all of them. Harris and Phillips get bumped up just because of their position importance. Drake is the most known commodity but the depth behind bumps him down. TE has been a need for so long that with 2 super freaks at a position that sees a lot of concussions, we need all the TE's we can get. Raekwon, same reason Tannehill is No.1 on my list but in this case both could be on the field together but at least I know I'll have one.

Depth at WR leaves all of them off my list. Parker looks the part of someone who should qualify for this discussion but the consistency hasn't been there for me to need two of him. Still glad we have one but I am also happy to have Stills, Grant, Amendola and Wilson.

Reshad Jones? Robert Quinn? Nope. And because I want to go there.....

Jarvis Landry at no point in his Dolphin career would've been mentioned on this hypothetical list. I would take one of him for about 4-5 Million, but I'd rather have zero Landry's than watch an offense that had two.

Elite. Ha. I'd take consistent.

He strikes me as someone who just doesn't have that drive in him. I think we'll see what we see every year. Inconsistency. Maybe a few more flashes because it's a contract year.

Hopefully he proves me wrong and pulls a Soliai.

Certainly would be huge if his splash plays become the norm. Everyone knows the talent is there.

I kind of group him and Parker together in that my expectations are for both of them to be contributors, with an occasional big play here and there. I'm not expecting either to be stars at this point.

The guy is good for like 30 snaps tops and is horrific against the run. That's been his tape for 3 consecutive years.

Wanting to be elite and putting in the work to be elite are two different things. I don't think Phillips has the work ethic to ever get to that level. For one thing, he's never in good physical shape. Shows up overweight and looks like he's never spent any time in the weight room.

I ****ing love comments like this.

So you know what Phillips does during the week and how much time he spends working out?

And exactly what does a 300 pound person need to do to look like they "spent time in the weight room"?

There's so much wrong with this post and it's kind of unbelievable what fans will make themselves believe.

Hope he has a monster year and we let him walk for a nice comp pick. Next years draft is riddled with DLinemen, one of the best dline drafts in years.

The DT room scares me the 2nd most of what we have on the roster (LB room is first). I think we have guys that range from adequate to good with 1 or 2 potentially being very good (Phillips being one of them). We lost an elite guy who likely will not be replaced. A consistent version of the Phillips we've seen flash would be a HUGE step in that direction.

Back
Top Bottom