Miami Dolphins Dt Jordan Phillips Wants To Be Elite. How Close Is He?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Jul 11, 2018.

1. multistage

multistage Well-Known Member

He used to line up next to a guy that has made a few dollars at the position.

So yeah, I expect there’s some motivation there in a contract year.

But let’s say he turns into a machine, and we pay him. Will he keep it dialed up?

2. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos Donator

I don't think you will find too many people in the building (FO or players) who are upset we aren't paying Suh, Pouncey and Landry the big bucks.

Remember when Phillips was a rookie and he went out to Oregon to workout with Suh and we credited Ndamakung with being a mentor. Hogwash. Jordan Phillips is the one who went out of his way to fly across country just for a couple days of "help".

Jordan just needs to flip the switch and become nasty.

Suh is not a guy you'd want to encounter in a dark alley, unless your built like Jordan Phillips.

3. BSQ

BSQ Scout Team Finheaven VIP

When we used a 2 to draft him out of Oklahoma I wasn't very excited. Then came the hype: this guy can do a back flip from a standing position at 320 lbs!! He's a freak of an athlete and on and on. What I have seen is a giant lazy player who craps all over opportunities for greatness. I don't like the thinking of a guy who says, there was improvement and that's all you can ask for or words to that effect. What about MUCH MORE IMPROVEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!! This is his contract year so if he's been saving up game changing plays this season would be the time to break them out!

4. FinsGonnaRock06

FinsGonnaRock06 A True Fan

Talk talk talk, do it between the lines on Sunday or GTFO

5. DolfinJohnNY

DolfinJohnNY Well-Known Member

MudDog, I think the proper response to his reply would be VINCE WOLFORK. Did Vince ever spend any time in the weight room? Probably, you just wouldn't know it looking at him.

SCLSU Mud Dogs likes this.
  6. crumpdaddy

crumpdaddy FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

its one of the reasons I guess I would be a ****ty GM, if you're production sky rockets by 2 to 3 times the production we normally see out of you, you better believe ill give you a good contract, but its gonna be full of incentives, so yeah all the players that got their "F--- you money" as we call it will definitely leave for the guarantee.... hey ill pay ya more then them, and if you want it, then youll earn it

7. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek Finheaven VIP

I'm just hoping we can get 50% of the snaps out of him. Bumping expectations up to elite is wishful thinking, to put it mildly.

He flashed a bunch last year but wasn't on the field a ton and didn't disrupt consistently enough with Suh eating up blockers next to him. Hard to tell without being there if it was conditioning or motor ... or a bit of both. And his situation just got considerably harder.

I'm pulling for him because his runs after INTs are the most fun I've had watching the fins since the Wildcat.

8. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I believe talent/skills wise he is pretty close, but as far as heart, or doing what is needed to to reach it....he has a lot to prove.

He has shown to be inconsistent, making a great play, followed by an impression of the invisible man.

As I said in another post, if this man puts it together, and is able to show the drive to reach the high ceiling he has, this D-line is going to be world's better then last years with Suh.

9. BigNastyFish

BigNastyFish A True Fan

Just don't believe this dude has the play-in play-out INTENSITY to live up to his prodigious physical gifts...

Superself likes this.
  10. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

How close is he? Not very.

PBay Fin Fan likes this.
  11. SCall13

SCall13 Finheaven QB Finheaven VIP

He showed flashes last year. Let's hope those flashes turn into consistency. The guy is a physical freak.

12. Mach2

Mach2 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Even if he play great this year, its a contract year, I wouldn't pay him top $. I would be afraid he would backslide after getting the big payday. You know if he has anything close to a Pro Bowl season, there will be teams throwing wheelbarrows full if cash at him.

13. ANUFan

ANUFan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Crazy athletic talent it's just going to be a matter of if he wants to put in the work.

14. djphinfan

djphinfan Perennial All-Pro

Lets hope it really clicks..like someone or something inspires him to understand that it isn’t difficult to give your talent max effort 16 days of the year.

15. PBay Fin Fan

PBay Fin Fan A True Fan

Listened to the audible podcast with Zonka and Griese today. Very good listen and some good opinions about what it takes to win. Good input about players and money in today’s nfl.

GUH-sick-EE likes this.