Miami Dolphins Excited About Isaiah Ford’s ‘very Productive’ Spring | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Excited About Isaiah Ford’s ‘very Productive’ Spring

I went to VT and saw virtually every game of his career. I’m dounbfounded he wasn’t drafted atleast in the mid rounds and it wouldn’t be surprising to me at all to see him become another Reggie Wayne type player. He can be special and I can’t wait to see it.

When Ford was drafted, I knew he was going to be one of those late round finds, with lots of potential!!! I loved watching him play at VT. Ford looked like he had a chance early on last year, right up until he got injured. I never stopped believing and truly think he can contribute on a regular basis.

This whole Carroo situation stll bothers me, what a major mistake when you consider what we gave up for the pick.

He might have a chance witth better and more consistent QB play but it’s show me time or...
Yep. It's sickening and I'm tired of trying to stick up for the guy. Would be interesting to see who we could've drafted with all those picks. I was just looking at the 2016 and 2017 drafts, around those picks (and beyond even) and not a ton of mid / late round talent is jumping out at me. But hey I would take a player who is at least contributing over someone doing zilch

Has Ford put on any weight since last year I wonder? Wasn't he like 185-190?

I'd let Carroo go solely based on Ford's college tape. That's how little I think of Carroo now.

Carroo looked good in college as well, but man does he not look good in the pros. Huge mistake.

I can't think of many bad plays by Carroo. No drops, fumbles, obvious wrong route. When you say he hasn't looked good can you give a few general examples. I know he hasn't played much and as a result has made many plays, but part of that is due to the fact that over the prior two seasons Landry Parker and Stills have missed a combined 3 games (all by Parker). Grant and Carroo haven't seen many targets in their first two seasons.

I can't think of many bad plays by Carroo. No drops, fumbles, obvious wrong route. When you say he hasn't looked good can you give a few general examples. I know he hasn't played much and as a result has made many plays, but part of that is due to the fact that over the prior two seasons Landry Parker and Stills have missed a combined 3 games (all by Parker). Grant and Carroo haven't seen many targets in their first two seasons.

Grant has leapfrogged him, even after entering the league with "questionable hands" and "special teams only" tags. Carroo was supposed to be a great grab in the 3rd round and has obviously shown nothing in practice to earn snaps. Grant was the exact opposite and made it so Gase couldn't afford to not get him involved more.

This isn't a league where you get a minimum touch requirement before you're deemed worth while or not. You get limited touches until you give them a reason to up the touch count, if that doesn't happen then you will be relegated to little to no work.

He can be the greatest player to never touch the field for all I care, the only thing that matters to me is he never touched the field.

Last edited:
I'm sure Grants speed has a lot to say about why he is given more opportunities.

As a LOT of peeps on here are affirming -- I have also been a consistent promoter of Ford as evidenced by my "predictions" about him this season -- as our biggest impact surprise player!

That said, get this -- my sources tell me he was effectively "red shirted" last year with a supposed torn toenail and is "well beyond 100%" ready willing and able to rock the Dolphin roster @WR!

I have additional inside info but in all fairness I don't want to preempt (nor impede) any attempts by our FO to trade DVP to the first team in preseason with WR injury depletion.

True Story!

BNF.

This whole Carroo situation stll bothers me, what a major mistake when you consider what we gave up for the pick.

He might have a chance witth better and more consistent QB play but it’s show me time or...

I still have a hard time putting faith in a FO that gave up what they did, to move into the 3rd round to draft a WR, with Stills/Landry/Parker on the team.

When Caroo was drafted, Parker looked unimpressive and made of glass. Caroo was insurance Parker was a total bust.

His height and production can be big pluses for this team, many of our veteran recievers are known to get nicked up cutting down on their production so keep ing 6 might be wise.

Back
Top Bottom