miami dolphins FIGHT SONG | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

miami dolphins FIGHT SONG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe what I'm reading here. Change the fight song? Why? Because it's not pleasing to you young guys?

That fight song is one of the few traditions and link to the glory days that this team has left. When you get to be my age, you tend to appreciate those traditions more. Get real. Can you see a major University changing their fight song just because the newer generation doesn't like it? No way!

BTW, the Dolphin fight song was first, and the Houston Oilers don't exist anymore. Hopefully the Titans have their own fight song, because the Oiler fight song was a rip-off of the Dolphin one.

Leave the Dolphin fight song "as is".

I'm probably one of the youngest member and I don't think is that bad.Well a make over wouldn't be bad either.Keep the lyrics but change the music!!!!!!!!!!!!.....Might have sounded good in the 70's but now is sound like something you will play in funeral......

Originally posted by Bobby Humphrey
I kinda like the fight song we have now
Howa bout,the Barney song;~I love you~~you love me~ were a happy family~~ and a nic -nac patti wac~~~~~~~~:lol:

Originally posted by relive1972
I can't believe what I'm reading here. Change the fight song? Why? Because it's not pleasing to you young guys?

That fight song is one of the few traditions and link to the glory days that this team has left. When you get to be my age, you tend to appreciate those traditions more. Get real. Can you see a major University changing their fight song just because the newer generation doesn't like it? No way!

BTW, the Dolphin fight song was first, and the Houston Oilers don't exist anymore. Hopefully the Titans have their own fight song, because the Oiler fight song was a rip-off of the Dolphin one.

Leave the Dolphin fight song "as is".

I'm not a "younger guy"... I remember hearing the fight song in Shula's first season... I didn't like the music then either... sounds like the team's state is West Virginia...not Fla. The lyrics are fine... just needs a better arrangement.

by relieve1972 ...
"I can't believe what I'm reading here. Change the fight song? Why? Because it's not pleasing to you young guys? ..."

I wish I was young...then I would not have watched Earl Campbell bounce outside and take it down the sideline for the TD and listened to 10's of thousands of Houston Oiler fans singing that fight song. It ruined me for life. LOL.

I just think that we could do much better with something that has more of a Miami flavor. Some traditions are worth holding on to ...and some need a complete overhaul.

Actually, the "Fight Song" in question was used by the Houston Oilers first. The song's writer, Lee Ofman, presented it to the Dolphins and was rejected. He subsequently took it to the Oilers who adapted it as their song. The Dolphins did accept the song later.

John.

I agree we should keep it the same. It just needs a little TLC. A remake with a acoustic guitar or something would be a little better than the banjo. Never cared for the banjo solo much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom