Miami dolphins, Free Agents prefer destination | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami dolphins, Free Agents prefer destination

This guy is always wrong and always lies until the point he says something I like to hear then he's super correct!

I think Flores has entrenched himself as a coach that players around the league, admire and want to play for. Word spreads quickly, once a coach gets a reputation, good or bad. Luckily for Miami, Flores reputation appears to be golden.
Players yes, assistant coaches not so much.

I don’t understand the need to cut people and create new holes. Flowers and hurns actually cost you money to cut beyond what they are making I think and the other two bring in about 8M. Can’t sign a bunch of guys on 8M. I could see the McCain cut if you think you have a guy lined up for u see 5M.

I’m not saying to keep everyone, just need to think through those that make sense.
Normally I would agree with you but if the salary cap is really lowered to 175, then players will not have the same leverage to get a similar deal on the open market. There will be few teams with excessive cap space and way more veteran free agents. The supply is increased and demand (for high priced FA) will be much reduced.

I say use this offseason to lower some cap hits for older vets who would have a hard time getting a new deal elsewhere.

Normally I would agree with you but if the salary cap is really lowered to 175, then players will not have the same leverage to get a similar deal on the open market. There will be few teams with excessive cap space and way more veteran free agents. The supply is increased and demand (for high priced FA) will be much reduced.

I say use this offseason to lower some cap hits for older vets who would have a hard time getting a new deal elsewhere.
I get that, but we are okay. Why absorb a cap hit higher than what it would cost to have them on the team. That doesn’t help your scenario. I’m good with cutting the fat, but why have a cap hit for Erik flowers to not be on the team higher than if he is on the team? Bobby McCain makes some sense, but then you have to replace him with someone under 5M to save any money at all. At that rate will you get someone better?

I do think you can save money by cutting Jakeem and Albert and replace them with rookies if you want, but I do think it makes some sense to bring hurns back based on his contract.

I’m just advocating a more measured approach that removes our dislike for the player or his failures and balances that with good business decisions.

Im not a GM though, so I am probably wrong.

I get that, but we are okay. Why absorb a cap hit higher than what it would cost to have them on the team. That doesn’t help your scenario. I’m good with cutting the fat, but why have a cap hit for Erik flowers to not be on the team higher than if he is on the team? Bobby McCain makes some sense, but then you have to replace him with someone under 5M to save any money at all. At that rate will you get someone better?

I do think you can save money by cutting Jakeem and Albert and replace them with rookies if you want, but I do think it makes some sense to bring hurns back based on his contract.

I’m just advocating a more measured approach that removes our dislike for the player or his failures and balances that with good business decisions.

I guess I wasn’t specifically targeting particular players as much as advocating creative thinking with how to manipulate the cap to our advantage this season

No, you've got the numbers, more or less, correct.

There is very little money to be saved by cutting players this year. Even Grant would only save us 3 million, and as you've pointed out, then you have to spend money to replace these guys.

The 'Phins are in EXCELLENT shape financially, but with a shrinking cap this year, and contracts with easy outs in 2022, this sin't the year to make many changes... that will be NEXT year.

Attachments

• veruca.png
    veruca.png
    412 KB · Views: 2
No, you've got the numbers, more or less, correct.

There is very little money to be saved by cutting players this year. Even Grant would only save us 3 million, and as you've pointed out, then you have to spend money to replace these guys.

The 'Phins are in EXCELLENT shape financially, but with a shrinking cap this year, and contracts with easy outs in 2022, this sin't the year to make many changes... that will be NEXT year.
Agree about next year. Seemed like the real money to be saved on some of these deals is next year. I would just like to see us use our space to sign 2-3 mid level guys and roll any extra over to next year when we can truly be expected to make a serious run at contending. Scheduling big cap space for 2022 and what should be a realistic opportunity to go deep if our players develop from the last few drafts.

View attachment 62629
Agree about next year. Seemed like the real money to be saved on some of these deals is next year. I would just like to see us use our space to sign 2-3 mid level guys and roll any extra over to next year when we can truly be expected to make a serious run at contending. Scheduling big cap space for 2022 and what should be a realistic opportunity to go deep if our players develop from the last few drafts.
We'll have a HUGE amount of cap space in 2022. All of the contracts that we signed last year (except Jones) were essentially 2 year contracts with easy outs. That, combined with the fact that the cap will go back up with the end of Covid will leave us a TON of money... we'll have competition from other squads, but by that time, we should have become a destination... young, ascending team with a good coach.

Talking trash is what make some player play..that what motivated them...juju ain't no problem..if y dont like man is because u too old understand..

You are wrong.

Talking trash before a game is normally associated with a sense of fear and lack of self-confidence. I hope that you are old enough to understand this; but, judging by your lack of basic spelling skills, I suspect that you may want to slow your roll until playtime is over and you can refer the discussion to your teacher/aunt/sitter.

Talking trash before a game is low-class and gives the other team added incentive and drive to beat you.

As JuJu found out the hard way..... Exhibit A:

KC remains a FA favorite. Their cap limits their ability to bring people in right now.

But this echo chamber narrative of being a preferred spot, ignores Miami having the cap for those seeking higher pay.

Agree. I think the title should be 'a preferred destination,' or better, 'getting FAs attention'

Back
Top Bottom