Miami Dolphins - Get Yer Worstest Firstest Roundest Picks Here! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins - Get Yer Worstest Firstest Roundest Picks Here!

By all means, let's reflect on the negative...............
Human Psychology suggest how much easier it is to reflect negative vibes and spread negative energy than positive. So naturally people go that way. I hear ya though and would say Marino is our number one greatest pick ever!!! Followed by Zonka, Grease, Bokamper, and Webb. Not in any order. I would put them all second if I could!

To take it a step further, I'd say that was the worst draft in Miami's history.

Without a doubt.

And to follow it up with another weak draft in 2014 really stung although it was a bad draft class outside of some early heavy weight selections.

And clueless fans dumped on Tannehill for what exactly? It was infuriating. Add Johnathon Martin's name as the major building block around Tannehill in 2012 and you're looking at a complete embarrassment at attempting to support a young QB.

Jarvis Landry obviously was ok but not a "real" NFL WR.

I wanted to keep Rishard Mathews around.

Without a doubt.

And to follow it up with another weak draft in 2014 really stung although it was a bad draft class outside of some early heavy weight selections.

And clueless fans dumped on Tannehill for what exactly? It was infuriating. Add Johnathon Martin's name as the major building block around Tannehill in 2012 and you're looking at a complete embarrassment at attempting to support a young QB.

Jarvis Landry obviously was ok but not a "real" NFL WR.

I wanted to keep Rishard Mathews around.
I did like Landry. But, yes, otherwise I agree with you.

Best draft? Would you say 1983 with Marino, Clayton and Roby? The Waddle, Phillips, Holland draft might be one of the bests.

Human Psychology suggest how much easier it is to reflect negative vibes and spread negative energy than positive. So naturally people go that way. I hear ya though and would say Marino is our number one greatest pick ever!!! Followed by Zonka, Grease, Bokamper, and Webb. Not in any order. I would put them all second if I could!
Judging by a previous post, I'm guessing you weren't alive when Csonka and Griese played. I never actually watched them; they were both retired before I got into football during the '82 season. Well, technically, it was during the playoffs of the '81 season, but I digress.

But if you're a Dolphins fan, you really need to learn their names.

That's my point

Maybe you didn't see the link attach or maybe I didn't made my self clear.

View attachment 115704
View attachment 115705
That doesnt really clear anything up for me. Im confused why you are listing Dolphin legends as our worst first round draft picks?

We have enough ACTUAL trash in our draft history, why name these studs?

P.S. Dion Jordan gets my vote. That guy caused his own problems. Yatil Green was disappointing, but I cant hold injury against the kid. Book isnt written yet on Iggy, but at least the kid has a work ethic.

Based off opportunity cost… Jamar Fletcher. Should of had Brees!

I did like Landry. But, yes, otherwise I agree with you.

I liked Jarvis as well. But he wasn’t a necessary piece for those teams. He’d have been stellar on this team but overall Juice just didn’t have enough juice. Great leader though and I think Gesicki has a lot of that in him.

Obviously 1983 is special but it’s only because of Marino that it would be in the discussion so it’s hard to compare to any other class. Also FWIW I was 2 years old when that draft happened so anything that pre-dates that I’d have to go and look up.

Mark Clayton is obviously a legend so you have to give it 1983 by default.

2021 was special I was ecstatic with the Holland pick in real time.

But honestly 2020 is going to be theclass that we will remember from bringing the joy back to Miami. Tua will NEVER be as good as Dan Marino. But Tua can bring us a lot more success.

I liked Jarvis as well. But he wasn’t a necessary piece for those teams. He’d have been stellar on this team but overall Juice just didn’t have enough juice. Great leader though and I think Gesicki has a lot of that in him.

Obviously 1983 is special but it’s only because of Marino that it would be in the discussion so it’s hard to compare to any other class. Also FWIW I was 2 years old when that draft happened so anything that pre-dates that I’d have to go and look up.

Mark Clayton is obviously a legend so you have to give it 1983 by default.

2021 was special I was ecstatic with the Holland pick in real time.

But honestly 2020 is going to be theclass that we will remember from bringing the joy back to Miami. Tua will NEVER be as good as Dan Marino. But Tua can bring us a lot more success.
Yeah, 2020 could start climbing up if Tua comes close to his ceiling. Also, maybe Jackson develops with the new coaching staff.

Some pretty good recent drafts.

Judging by a previous post, I'm guessing you weren't alive when Csonka and Griese played. I never actually watched them; they were both retired before I got into football during the '82 season. Well, technically, it was during the playoffs of the '81 season, but I digress.

But if you're a Dolphins fan, you really need to learn their names.
Ha. I know their names. Forgive my mis spellings.

That doesnt really clear anything up for me. Im confused why you are listing Dolphin legends as our worst first round draft picks?

We have enough ACTUAL trash in our draft history, why name these studs?

P.S. Dion Jordan gets my vote. That guy caused his own problems. Yatil Green was disappointing, but I cant hold injury against the kid. Book isnt written yet on Iggy, but at least the kid has a work ethic.
I’m sure I didn’t made my self clear

What I’m trying to say is the list looks worst than reality, since at least this ”studs“ don’t show the very deserving Pro Bowl marker

K. Bokamper, AJ Duhe and specially R. Webb no Pro Bowl appearance is strange

I cold've bet Webb was a pro bowler, and more than once

I remember hateing J.Allen, T. Ginn and Ch. Harris picks

What?!?!? Richmond Webb made multiples Pro Bowls. More than that, he was ALL-PRO at least a couple times.

I always felt the Ronnie Brown pick in 2005 was an overreaction to the Ricky Williams retirement prior to the 2004 season. Ronnie wasn't a bad player. He just wasn't a player that should have been taken second overall. That si not hindsight. I didn't think it was a good pick in 2005.
Ronnie Brown is a underrated worst draft pick for us when you consider the following:

I believe Gus Ferrotte was our QB at that time (say no more)

Ronnie Brown had no business being drafted that high at #2 overall. RB's that SHOULD get picked that high usually have an amazing college career IE Reggie Bush, Cmac, Zeke Elliot, Barkley. Ronnie Brown was in a committee at Auburn. And while Ronnie Brown was OK in the NFL (the wildcat years saved his career) he never came close proving his worth as the #2 overall pick. in todays NFL Ronnie Brown is a 2nd and maybe even a 3rd round pick all day. Saban was so far behind the times.

Future hall of famer Aaron Rodgers was available (yes multiple teams passed on him) but we were picking #2 for a reason and we had the worst QB situation at that time (besides 49ers who selected A

What?!?!? Richmond Webb made multiples Pro Bowls. More than that, he was ALL-PRO at least a couple times.
Off course he was, the page says he didn’t, not me, same with the other two

Back
Top Bottom