Miami Dolphins: How Does Vincent Taylor Fit Into A 3-4 Scheme? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: How Does Vincent Taylor Fit Into A 3-4 Scheme?

Could very easily be a 3-4 DE on a rotational basis especially on that contract. Give him 2 years to prove it one way or another. Nothing to lose. I’m rooting for him personally.

I think too much is being made out of 3-4 versus 4-3 in this situation.
In what I perceive to be a "hybrid" defense the Fins will be running, you can toss those definitions out the window.
Sure, sometimes you may have someone playing a true Nose position, but there's a good chance that it wont be a traditional Nose Tackle type player.

in the system flores just led the nose wasnt a true 2 gap nose, so imo taylor would be fine

in the system flores just led the nose wasnt a true 2 gap nose, so imo taylor would be fine
You don't mean Danny Shelton...do you?

There really isn't much to talk about here. Vincent Taylor IS the starting Right DE for the 2019 Miami Dolphins in their base defense.

The real question is: Is Davon Godchaux a fit at all anywhere in any of the hybrid fronts they are planning on running?????

Godchaux is a really good football player, and extremely young for a successful NFL defensive tackle. He continues to improve on an almost a weekly basis and is still under his rookie contract, which, being a 5th round pick is peanuts.

Godchaux has trade value.........but how much?

There really isn't much to talk about here. Vincent Taylor IS the starting Right DE for the 2019 Miami Dolphins in their base defense.

The real question is: Is Davon Godchaux a fit at all anywhere in any of the hybrid fronts they are planning on running?????

Godchaux is a really good football player, and extremely young for a successful NFL defensive tackle. He continues to improve on an almost a weekly basis and is still under his rookie contract, which, being a 5th round pick is peanuts.

If we can do better than his draft place (4th on up)...I'm all for it, at least more so than trading Howard.

If we can do better than his draft place (4th on up)...I'm all for it, at least more so than trading Howard.

I was thinking a possible trade of Godchaux to Cinci for Josh Tupou and a 5th or 6th, however, it looks like Grantham is going to be the new DC in Cinci.

That means a hybrid DL and probably everyone in the world will start mocking Jachai Polite to the Bengals.

I doubt the Dolphins would trade Godchaux until draft day. I wouldn't, unless I had somehow pulled a rabbit out of my hat and acquired a behemoth NT when there really aren't any available.

I like the idea of a trade down in the first round for the Dolphins. Dexter Lawrence is sliding because of the PED thing. If the Dolphins could slide down into the twenties and still get their man, and then turn around and trade Godchaux for a 3rd to a 4-3 team, it would be a coup of epic proportions.

I think he fits right in the middle between the two DEs and right in front of the center :)

Something Miami may want to consider if they are serious about building through the draft is use their 2nd round pick on Jeffery Simmons who just tore his ACL.

This strategy worked brilliantly for the Cowboys taking Jaylon Smith.

NT needs to occupy two linemen to be worth their salt, NT doesn’t need a bench nearly as badly as the ability to stay entrenched and that is core strength from the abs down

Prototypical - fire hydrant - legs and ass

as much as I love Taylor, if Christian Wilkins is sitting there at 13, we take him and don't think twice about it...6'4, 315, and I believe is one of the most NFL ready players coming out!!!

I am much more interested in Dre'Mont Jones, and so will everyone else after he obliterates the competition at the combine.

He might not be an every down guy in the NFL, but he has tremendous versatility and I think he is going to be a nightmare pass rusher in the NFL as long as he is in the right system. I think the Dolphins new system will be perfect for him. Maybe a, not so poor man's, Aaron Donald.

Thing is, I doubt he makes it out of the 1st round, and he isn't a top 15 player imo.

He will probably end up going in the late first to a 4-3 team that will miscast him as small 3-technique. My fear is that he somehow slides to the Pats. Now that.....would suck!

as much as I love Taylor, if Christian Wilkins is sitting there at 13, we take him and don't think twice about it...6'4, 315, and I believe is one of the most NFL ready players coming out!!!

Wilkins is probably a 3-technique in the NFL. Not that some of the bigger guys haven't been good 3-4 ends, but it is usually the really extraordinary guys like Haloti Gnota and such that have been able to do that.

Wilkins at NT would be a waste, even if did turn out to be Snacks Harrison run stuffer.

Wilkins is probably a 3-technique in the NFL. Not that some of the bigger guys haven't been good 3-4 ends, but it is usually the really extraordinary guys like Haloti Gnota and such that have been able to do that.

Wilkins at NT would be a waste, even if did turn out to be Snacks Harrison run stuffer.
I don't think he would be a waste...he doesn't have the extension but that can be perfected...he has tremendous power and shed capabilities at the LOS and can absolutely be a force in redirecting or interrupting a play. He also has a ridiculous motor and chased down so many tackles from behind, from the side, He has two gab ability. He tracks the ball carrier instinctively and used great hand leverage to shed blockers. His acceleration after reading a play is outstanding as well. He would definitely need some coaching to be an elite NT but would bring a ton of intangibles...

Back
Top Bottom