Miami Dolphins: How Does Vincent Taylor Fit Into A 3-4 Scheme? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: How Does Vincent Taylor Fit Into A 3-4 Scheme?

Imagine thinking something as trivial as the 225 bench press at the combine was the only way of measuring strength.

No, I totally get what he’s saying. Quite similar to how I knew Jerry Rice would be a bust because of his slow 40 time. He had nothing on Ted Ginn or John Ross

yeah, I was thinking, "Really, you don't think 26 is a good number on the BP." He obviously doesn't workout. I challenge him to sit on a bench and try to pump out 26 reps with 185. He'll find it is not that easy.

I thought they used 225?

I thought they used 225?

They do. He was being nice.

I think.

225 pounds is a lot of freaking weight. I maxed at 245 in my late 20s when I lifted 4x a week - I have long-ass arms and couldn’t push beyond that because I kept flaring my elbows.

Your average dude benching 185 pounds 26 times would be impressive. I couldn’t have done that, even back then.

I assume he is not a soon to be professional football player, so I wanted to make it easier for him. They do use 225 at the combine.

Gotcha...yeah 26 reps is plenty....especially if he’s not an avid weightlifter... natural strength is better and more durable I think!

They do. He was being nice.

I think.

225 pounds is a lot of freaking weight. I maxed at 245 in my late 20s when I lifted 4x a week - I have long-*** arms and couldn’t push beyond that because I kept flaring my elbows.

Your average dude benching 185 pounds 26 times would be impressive. I couldn’t have done that, even back then.

My best when I was lifting to get stronger was like 8-10 at 225... maxing 285... no your right... and Taylor is plenty strong...

Your original statement of strength mentioned one thing: the 225 bench press, and how based on that one singular thing, he wasn't strong enough to play the position. I countered that point, saying there's more to it than just one element, and you decided to be a smartass and spout some self righteous garbage about how "you'd think some of you would learn to stop putting your foot in your mouth."

Remarkable, indeed.

You want to circle back on this in 8-9 months? I'm sure you will be wrong again but you'll keep spouting condescending garbage about people who disagree with you. I said he needs to get stronger to play NT and that is a ridiculous comment to make?

We'll incorporate what you said, he is deficient in an area of strength where other effective NTs are historically much better. That's ok though, he will take a couple of zumba classes for footwork and Yoga to get a lower position and will be ready to take on triple teams.

You want to circle back on this in 8-9 months? I'm sure you will be wrong again but you'll keep spouting condescending garbage about people who disagree with you. I said he needs to get stronger to play NT and that is a ridiculous comment to make?

We'll incorporate what you said, he is deficient in an area of strength where other effective NTs are historically much better. That's ok though, he will take a couple of zumba classes for footwork and Yoga to get a lower position and will be ready to take on triple teams.

Holy **** you're insecure. Take a breath there, big guy. It's gonna be ok.

And I really don't give a damn to circle back with you, because regardless, you're going to be a condescending prock who parades around acting like their word is the end all, be all.

Strength is important but so is technique/leverage.

Holy **** you're insecure. Take a breath there, big guy. It's gonna be ok.

And I really don't give a damn to circle back with you, because regardless, you're going to be a condescending prock who parades around acting like their word is the end all, be all.

Lets recall who was the condescending one to begin with in this exchange. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

"Imagine thinking something as trivial as the 225 bench press at the combine was the only way of measuring strength."

Sorry your feelings are hurt, maybe learn to simply tell someone you disagree next time instead of insulting them. By the looks of your post history that's going to be a tall task.

Lets recall who was the condescending one to begin with in this exchange. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

"Imagine thinking something as trivial as the 225 bench press at the combine was the only way of measuring strength."

Sorry your feelings are hurt, maybe learn to simply tell someone you disagree next time instead of insulting them. By the looks of your post history that's going to be a tall task.

The second someone refuted your argument your response was "here comes the peanut gallery that didn't do any research."

Might want to take your own advice ;)

Maybe someone can help me out here... When lifting, once you get passed like 10-15 reps, doesnt it become just as much about stamina? In other words, is the guy who does more 225 reps absolutely more likely to lift more weight on a 5 rep set?

The second someone refuted your argument your response was "here comes the peanut gallery that didn't do any research."

Might want to take your own advice ;)

....and again there were personal attacks in the initial remarks. Again, i don't have a problem with someone disagreeing with me but if your move is going to personally attack me i'll come right back at you. Some of you take enjoyment on sitting on this chat posting numerous times a day patronizing and personally attacking people for having differing opinions on a professional football team instead of simply debating the issue. It speaks more about you and the life you lead. I'm not turning the other cheek anymore.

You can go your own way and i'll go mine. You can also have the last word if you wish; which i'm sure you will need.

We could just draft Dexter Lawrence and improve two spots with one pick (NT and a big DE). We're automatically more physical in the front 7 with that move.
Wilks is better and more athletic

Wilks is better and more athletic
Wilkins isn't a two gapper, although he can play the position. I would draft him over Lawrence in a heartbeat if:
  1. we weren't developing Godchaux
  2. we weren't trying to get more physical in the front 7.
  3. he is there at 13 (maybe).
BPA is Wilkins...BPA who fits a need is Lawrence, and Lawrence is my guy

Back
Top Bottom