Miami Dolphins In A Good Mood About State Of The Team -- For No Apparent Reason | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins In A Good Mood About State Of The Team -- For No Apparent Reason

At this point I don't care what they do to get in the end zone. I just want them to have that mentality that they are going to score TDs. Bend but don't break defenses will love the Dolphin's offense if they don't. Gase said before that the defense is built to sustain a lead. How are you going to do that scoring FGs? He has all of his tools in place, so lets get it done.
That built to sustain a lead quote absolutely infuriates me. If they were, they'd get off the field far more often in 3rd and long.

Armando must be counting on RT getting hurt. He finishes the article with:

Oh yeah, and if somebody doesn’t start playing like a consistent NFL backup quarterback, the chances of the Dolphins getting into the postseason become improbable.

So he:
a. Thinks RT is getting hurt for a significant period, or
b. he is being a drama queen.
It could also be that he doesn't expect RT to suffer a major injury, but figures that like (the majority of teams in the NFL) the second string qb may be called upon for one or two games this season. In which case, we would be counting on Osweiler or Fales in games that could be critical in a wild card race.

They were never good at the screen pass, and apparently Gase wants them to be good at it, so I’m assuming that’s why he ran it so much last night..

IDK man, I'm watching these other teams scoring TDs with their first team offenses and it is just frustrating.
Gesicki so far has zero catches. Parker last week didn't have a ball thrown his way although he was open. It just seems that we are doing things weird in Miami. I'm both frustrated and confused. Hopefully this third game they come out erase my fears.

I used to get bothered by preseason losses, then I noticed the Indianapolis Colts with Peyton Manning routinely lost 3 or 4 preseason games a year and still made it to the playoffs more often than not. This was quite a while ago but it drove home to me that as badly as I wanted to see us win, the preseason is not critical in that regard. I hope this information helps reduce your frustration; at least until our game with the Titans.

I used to get bothered by preseason losses, then I noticed the Indianapolis Colts with Peyton Manning routinely lost 3 or 4 preseason games a year and still made it to the playoffs more often than not. This was quite a while ago but it drove home to me that as badly as I wanted to see us win, the preseason is not critical in that regard. I hope this information helps reduce your frustration; at least until our game with the Titans.

The frustration isn't that they lost. It is how they lost and how they failed to get into the end zone. I don't care that they lost nor the win/loss record during preseason. I care about scoring TDs though. I think that is very important. FIeld goals don't scare anyone.

Havnt they had 6 offensive 1st team drives and scored only 6 points? And one drive started from the opponents 9 yard line. It's disappointing

At this point I don't care what they do to get in the end zone. I just want them to have that mentality that they are going to score TDs. Bend but don't break defenses will love the Dolphin's offense if they don't. Gase said before that the defense is built to sustain a lead. How are you going to do that scoring FGs? He has all of his tools in place, so lets get it done.
I have been harping on this since VJ was the DC and alot of people have been taking offense to those remarks. Hopefully people start to realize that if we do not start scoring TDs and get leads, this season is going to get flushed down the toilet faster than a dead ****roach. When I say a lead, I mean big leads because if we do not force the opponent to throw our defense is going to be carved up by the running game. Everyone complains about the DTs, but if you didn't notice we weren't very good against the run last year even when we had Suh. It is not the DTs that are the problem, it is the scheme.:wall

Gase has a plan right? I hear what your preaching let get a couple of real games before pulling the trigger.

I have been harping on this since VJ was the DC and alot of people have been taking offense to those remarks. Hopefully people start to realize that if we do not start scoring TDs and get leads, this season is going to get flushed down the toilet faster than a dead ****roach. When I say a lead, I mean big leads because if we do not force the opponent to throw our defense is going to be carved up by the running game. Everyone complains about the DTs, but if you didn't notice we weren't very good against the run last year even when we had Suh. It is not the DTs that are the problem, it is the scheme.:wall

It’s not even necessarily a bad scheme. The Eagles ran this same exact scheme with a similar amount of talent as ours. The difference is they have a high powered offense.

regular season can not get here soon enough.

Maybe it's just me, but everybody is freaking out more this year and it's only pre-season week 2. Offense would've put it in the endzone without the holding calls. Tannehill and Drake looked sharp. I'll worry more if we lay an egg vs Balt Sat night.

Maybe it's just me, but everybody is freaking out more this year and it's only pre-season week 2. Offense would've put it in the endzone without the holding calls. Tannehill and Drake looked sharp. I'll worry more if we lay an egg vs Balt Sat night.
I agree, I'll worry more then. But I also think it's valid that people are worrying more than last year. Because it's year 3 now, and we're still seeing the exact same mistakes, including dumb penalties like the ones you mention.

Back
Top Bottom