Miami Dolphins' Jake Long, John Jerry resume starting roles | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins' Jake Long, John Jerry resume starting roles

Perfect72

It's Only Happened ONCE!
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...y-miami-dolphins-12,0,6101820.story?track=rss

By Omar KellySouth Florida Sun-Sentinel1:00 p.m. EDT, September 5, 2012

DAVIE—
The Miami Dolphins' offensive line has been depleted by injury as of late, but Jake Long and John Jerry's return to practice on Wednesday was a step in the right direction.

Both veteran offensive linemen resumed the starting roles they held for most of the preseason.

This is the turning point for John Jerry. Reminds me of Soliai's early career situation

Go get 'em Big John, man up we need you out there.

Let's go Jake, shake it off, we want 200 on the ground come Sunday!

Lets go o-line!

John will be the determining factor of how good our running game will be this year. I'm really hoping he takes the next step.

i'm cautiously optimistic about the o-line in general. jake long is a stud. i believe mike pouncey is about to display that he is a stud, if he hasn't already. incogs is tough as nails. john jerry has all the ability in the world. jonathan martin is smart and from all accounts a hard worker. it is pretty difficult for a rookie tackle to step in from day one, grab the starting job and not let it go. i think i like this group of five guys better than any o-line in the past half dozen years. let's hope they all stay healthy, stay together, and develop into a unit that can take over games.

I honestly don't care if Jerry looses weight as long as he's in shape enough to play full games without getting ill or super winded. If the kid can stay in the game (ever since) he came into the league he's been a mauler of a G.

well, we need all the help we can get. It sucks they didn't all get more playing and practice time together but it is what it is. It's been so long since we've had a great oline. You'd have to go back to the days of Kuechenburg, Stevenson and Eddie Newman.

Ozzy rules!!

They should put Jerry on Long's side, as it would then make it harder for defenses to determine what the 'strong side' vs 'weak side' is. Help out Martin with a more veteran Incognito and protect Jerry with Long. They they could probably run to either side equally well. Obviously you would think they would do the line-movement runs more often to the right so as to take advantage of Martin's quick feet. Then they should roll out Tanny to Long's side often on pass plays to protect Martin's more vulnerable aspects.

They should put Jerry on Long's side, as it would then make it harder for defenses to determine what the 'strong side' vs 'weak side' is. Help out Martin with a more veteran Incognito and protect Jerry with Long. They they could probably run to either side equally well. Obviously you would think they would do the line-movement runs more often to the right so as to take advantage of Martin's quick feet. Then they should roll out Tanny to Long's side often on pass plays to protect Martin's more vulnerable aspects.

thanks coach

Both veteran offensive linemen resumed the starting roles they held for most of the preseason.

What preseason was he watching? Hicks was the starting RG throughout preseason.

Back
Top Bottom