Miami Dolphins Josh Rosen got no help from the offense in loss | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Josh Rosen got no help from the offense in loss

Ummm, not sure that it's really important to point out that he got no help when we're comparing Rosen to Fitzpatrick.

We intentionally stripped this team of talent, including a good RB in Frank Gore, a good veteran LG in Josh Sitton (who was injured all but 1 game of last year, but he was still good), our best offensive player in Laremy Tunsil, a veteran RT in Ju'Wuan James, and only drafted 1 OL who had a chance to start. In FA we didn't go after any OL. We traded away our most veteran and most productive WR, Kenny Stills. We added an UDFA in Preston Williams. Everyone heard us debating ad nauseum that we were de-constructing the team and tanking. Everyone knew the surrounding cast was going to be BAD. Then we played OL who were off the street (UDFA Calhoun, waived players Boehm and Isadora, scrapheap player Ja'marcus Webb) and yet people have been non-stop screaming to start Josh Rosen. Then they complain when he isn't surrounded by a competent OL … seems kinda silly.

We traded away our best WR (Kenny Stills), our other starting WR (DaVante Parker) has been injured and underwhelming his entire career here. We replace Stills with everyone's favorite darling and instant FinHeaven-All-Pro, UDFA Preston Williams, who drops a ton of balls yet everyone wants to crown as a future star. We start Jakeem Grant, the smallest guy on the team and a guy with hands issues since he arrived, and he drops some balls (and a punt). Somehow these things are all new and more relevant once Josh Rosen is QB? Not sure I agree with that.

Where were these people saying to give Fitzpatrick a chance when he was running for his life? Where were these guys when our OL wasn't opening up run lanes and we generated almost no running game? Where were these guys when receivers were not getting open or dropping passes from Fitzpatrick? If it wasn't relevant then, then it shouldn't be relevant now. Or, we can acknowledge the elephant in the room and just admit that it was always relevant for both Fitzpatrick and Rosen. And now that we're giving Rosen his chance, he needs to exceed what Fitzpatrick accomplished or he'll be judged like we did to Fitzpatrick. Let's not have a double standard here … the talent level sucks and whomever plays QB will have to overcome that. It's not a Josh Rosen-specific thing.
Yep, double standard.

Fitzpatrick made the play of the game escaping two possible sacks, rolling out of the pocket and stepping into a throw in which he knew he was going to get creamed on a 25 yard pass to convert a 3rd down.

Most likely Rosen supports would be referring to that play non-stop about his ability to sense pressure, break tackles, escape the pocket and his willingness and toughness in order to make an accurate throw is proof Miami has finally found their QB.

Half, 3 of the 6 points Miami scored should clearly be attributed to Fitz playing QB as he drove Miami from their 42 to Dallas 21 yard line and then got pulled on 1st and 10. Miami converted 1 of 1 3rd downs when Fitz was in and Miami converted 2 of 14 when Rosen was in at QB. Miami was only able to gain 70 yards on 30 plays in the 2nd half. I don't hear anything about any of that.

Rosen also was able to face the weakest defense when compared to Fitz going up against the Ravens and Pats. Rosen was pretty bad in relief against those teams. Besides Dallas missing 2 of their starters on the DL when Dallas did apply pressure in the 2nd half Rosen’s solid play disappeared.

Who knows, maybe Rosen will turn out to be a solid starter, but nothing he has done in comparison to Fitzpatrick has proven that yet unless someone is wearing Rosen colored glasses watching him play.

Yep, double standard.

Fitzpatrick made the play of the game escaping two possible sacks, rolling out of the pocket and stepping into a throw in which he knew he was going to get creamed on a 25 yard pass to convert a 3rd down.

Most likely Rosen supports would be referring to that play non-stop about his ability to sense pressure, break tackles, escape the pocket and his willingness and toughness in order to make an accurate throw is proof Miami has finally found their QB.

Half, 3 of the 6 points Miami scored should clearly be attributed to Fitz playing QB as he drove Miami from their 42 to Dallas 21 yard line and then got pulled on 1st and 10. Miami converted 1 of 1 3rd downs when Fitz was in and Miami converted 2 of 14 when Rosen was in at QB. Miami was only able to gain 70 yards on 30 plays in the 2nd half. I don't hear anything about any of that.

Rosen also was able to face the weakest defense when compared to Fitz going up against the Ravens and Pats. Rosen was pretty bad in relief against those teams. Besides Dallas missing 2 of their starters on the DL when Dallas did apply pressure in the 2nd half Rosen’s solid play disappeared.

Who knows, maybe Rosen will turn out to be a solid starter, but nothing he has done in comparison to Fitzpatrick has proven that yet unless someone is wearing Rosen colored glasses watching him play.

You just can't help yourself. It's become comical how hard you try to bash Rosen every chance. You are so in love with tua that you're just praying Rosen doesn't improve.
I hope Rosen shows enough that we don't draft a QB bc that's better for the team. I guess that's where our fandom differs. I want what's best for the team and you just want people you like on the team.

You just can't help yourself. It's become comical how hard you try to bash Rosen every chance. You are so in love with tua that you're just praying Rosen doesn't improve.
I hope Rosen shows enough that we don't draft a QB bc that's better for the team. I guess that's where our fandom differs. I want what's best for the team and you just want people you like on the team.

Him "showing enough" to not draft a Qb would be the absolute worse thing this FO could base its decision on. You better have some strong ****ing conviction on Rosen to pass on a QB. Comparing Tua to Rosen as a prospect is not much of a competition. When you add in more data points from Rosen in the NFL its becomes an unfair comparison. We have to draft a QB this offseason or this season is a complete waste of an opportunity. We dont need to trade out of the first for more picks. We got the picks. We need to QB to get this rebuild going. I will be absolutely pissed to go through this worthless season to trade out and take a damn DE or olineman when we got a hell of a QB prospect staring us in the face.

Negative. Thats what happens when you are late on a throw over the middle.

Not true buddy stop your nonsense.. I used to coach my players to look for the ball not the player that's how defense's are coached to attack ball not the player. *hit happens bro. Heath was going for the ball not the man he has all the right to the ball. Rosen's throw was spot on. So re-think your logic. It was unfortunate he got hit in the head but that's football. I had one of my players do the samething as USCSB and he intercepted the ball while colliding with the receiver. The receiver from Fullerton was concussed and my FS ran it back 13 yards. When he got to side line I high-five him. Because he did exactly as I coached him to do. The Fullerton player was sent to the hospital too. Did I care? No, *hit happens. But, I never told my players to just ram into a player to hurt them. That would be a 15 yard penalty. Watch the play on Youtube and then you can see it was unfortunate but throw was spot on.

Back
Top Bottom