Miami Dolphins LB Mike Hull fighting to keep hold on starting spot | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins LB Mike Hull fighting to keep hold on starting spot

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
20170817-ale-dolphins-ravens-021.jpg

Rey Maualuga was sitting a few lockers away from Mike Hull this week, explaining, as any veteran would, how he wants to be the Miami Dolphins’ starting linebacker.
At another moment, the rookie who was supposed to start at middle linebacker, Raekwon McMillan, was crossing in front of Hull as he tried to retrieve some things from his locker. McMillan will miss the season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament.
It seems as tough and scrappy and hard-nosed as Hull is, as relentless as he is on special teams, there is skepticism about if Hull, 6-feet, 232 pounds, can be an effective starting linebacker in the NFL.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...-hull-fighting-to-keep-hold-on-starting-spot/

I remember there was a scout that said before last years draft he would never recommend Hull to the team that he worked for. He said Hull is the kind of guy that coaches fall in love with because of his work ethic and leadership so it takes them longer to realize the guy is not a good NFL linebacker.

Hull seems like a good kid but his abilities seem limited. Would he be starting on any other team?

I remember there was a scout that said before last years draft he would never recommend Hull to the team that he worked for. He said Hull is the kind of guy that coaches fall in love with because of his work ethic and leadership so it takes them longer to realize the guy is not a good NFL linebacker.
I agree

One silver lining about the delay to the start of our schedule is that it gives Rey more time to get up to speed. I like Hull, but he's a liability if he's out there with our starting d. Hate to say it but that's just how it is.

Thought the same thing. Rey can get up to speed, anyone with nagging injuries can heal, and Cutler can get more reps with his playmakers.

Hull seems like a good kid but his abilities seem limited. Would he be starting on any other team?

If that team had an injury to their starter, the answer is yes. That's the situation we need to compare this to.
He's not the 1st team. He's the backup called in to start due to an injury.
Can anyone name the backup MLB for every other team, off the top of their heads?
If you can't, then your post is purely conjecture

If that team had an injury to their starter, the answer is yes. That's the situation we need to compare this to.
He's not the 1st team. He's the backup called in to start due to an injury.
Can anyone name the backup MLB for every other team, off the top of their heads?
If you can't, then your post is purely conjecture
Fair enough. I literally forgot he's been pressed into service due to injury.

As long as he's not covering anyone I can live with it I guess.

Why the hell did McMillan have to get hurt! God damn stupid damn **** crap **** ****!

Being a Penn State alum, I've got a soft spot for Mike Hull. Really hope he becomes the next "Zach Thomas" or at the least, the next "Larry Izzo" but hopefully without the inevitable trip to Bills, Jets, or Pats and skill flash that seems to happen. Chris Hogan. cough. cough. (Another Penn Stater Miami had).

The coaches know he's extremely limited. These are the types of players that need to step up. Rey is a 2 down backer but is a big thumper. Only time will tell. Giving Cutler some more time with the team is about the only good thing about this weekend.

Bingo

Back
Top Bottom