Miami Dolphins Make Ryan Tannehill Risk Even Bigger With No Safety Net | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Make Ryan Tannehill Risk Even Bigger With No Safety Net

If it's left up to Brock, the Colts will have luck and the Phins will have Lock.

The Colts have Luck (who still isn't throwing grownup footballs) and a QB (Brissett) that went 4-11 last season. The Texans have a QB that had ACL surgery later in the year than Tannehill (and he had ACL surgery on the other knee in college) with Brandon Weeden and Joe Webb III as the backups.

In other words, business as usual in the NFL.

A review of the league's backups does not inspire confidence in many places.

In this thread, I learned that Brandon Weeden is still in the league...

giphy.gif

2017 we planned to enter the year with a supposedly healthy RT, albeit off a “tweak” of his ACL,and Matt Moore who was one of the best backups in the league.

2018 we enter the year with a supposedly healthy RT coming off ACL surgery and Osweiller.

On paper this is a regression. What did we learn?

Incorrect. RT had CORRECTIVE SURGERY on the knee. In hindsight, he should have had it in 2016. Conservative treatment did not work. He is at 100% and no higher risk of injury than any other player.
His knee injury was neither severe nor uusual. It is fairly routine in the NFL, yet some of you act as if his injury was some rare variant and his surgery was some new experimental technique.

You can substitute any of the other team names and their starting Qb in this article headline, and it’s true for all. This guy going after Miami is a turd...

Yep completely usual and normal injury to the knee that is taking an abnormal time to heal. Is missing 20 games usual for this injury?

If I was going to fault any team for not taking a QB high in the draft it would be the Giants. Manning is old and how often do you draft at two. Not to mention in year that was considered above average for QB’s and with the best ones there for the taking.

I'm hopeful that Osweiler isn't as bad as everyone thinks and as he's shown in his career so far. I get the feeling part of his problem is he thinks he's much better than he is so he throws interceptions. I think that comes down to coaching and maybe Gase is confident he and Bo Hardegree can help Brock out.

I want to agree with you but he did play under a very good qb coach in bill o brien...

The chances of Tannehill coming back 100% healthy with no mobility lost and playing all 16 games AND taking the next step to being a top 10 QB are extremely lowly. That just doesn’t sound like something that would happen for Miami. Last season was just so long and boring because we had to force ourselves to watch atrocious QB play every Sunday. I can’t do that again if Tannehill has a setback and Osweiler or some other scrub had to come in.

Yep completely usual and normal injury to the knee that is taking an abnormal time to heal. Is missing 20 games usual for this injury?
By all accounts it never fully healed. Not surprising
Conventional surgery would have repaired it,
That was not the case with RT, he chose unproven stem cell therapy.
Your post is a gross misrepresentation of facts and you do it to fit your narrative.
Now if his SURGICALLY repaired knee fails, then you will have a valid argument.

The chances of Tannehill coming back 100% healthy with no mobility lost and playing all 16 games AND taking the next step to being a top 10 QB are extremely lowly. That just doesn’t sound like something that would happen for Miami. Last season was just so long and boring because we had to force ourselves to watch atrocious QB play every Sunday. I can’t do that again if Tannehill has a setback and Osweiler or some other scrub had to come in.
That’s news to the rest of the NFL. Numerous players sustain the same injury and return 100%, including those that play more demanding positions like RB, LB, CB and WR

I'd say that the chances of Tannehill making a complete recovery are significantly greater than Luck picking up where he left off.. or even starting the season. (although where he "left off" was less impressive than where THill did!) How much worse shape are we in with Osweiller vs Brissett? IMO, The Colts are in a more precarious position than the Fins.

Maybe if we'd ever bring in serious competition for the starting job instead of scrubs and camp arms we wouldn't have to be so concerned. Tannehill is NOT elite and NEVER WILL BE elite. He isn't even a VERY GOOD QB. He's a middle of the pack guy. He is what he is always going to be. We can do better and we need to keep searching for a better QB. Next season we need to spend a 1st rounder on a top flight QB, even if we have to trade up to get him.

Maybe if we'd ever bring in serious competition for the starting job instead of scrubs and camp arms we wouldn't have to be so concerned. Tannehill is NOT elite and NEVER WILL BE elite. He isn't even a VERY GOOD QB. He's a middle of the pack guy. He is what he is always going to be. We can do better and we need to keep searching for a better QB. Next season we need to spend a 1st rounder on a top flight QB, even if we have to trade up to get him.

LOL. Clearly the FO and coaching staff disagrees with you. Thank God for that.

BTW, trading up from 32 will cost a shitload of picks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom