Miami Dolphins Make Ryan Tannehill Risk Even Bigger With No Safety Net | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Make Ryan Tannehill Risk Even Bigger With No Safety Net

Maybe if we'd ever bring in serious competition for the starting job instead of scrubs and camp arms we wouldn't have to be so concerned. Tannehill is NOT elite and NEVER WILL BE elite. He isn't even a VERY GOOD QB. He's a middle of the pack guy. He is what he is always going to be. We can do better and we need to keep searching for a better QB. Next season we need to spend a 1st rounder on a top flight QB, even if we have to trade up to get him.

Capatilizing your point doesn’t make it any more true of right...

Also the qb class next year is complete trash, Miami shouldn’t even consider trading up for one then. **** no.

I want to agree with you but he did play under a very good qb coach in bill o brien...

That is true. He claimed he wasn't getting good coaching in the "fundamentals." Maybe O'Brien was too busy with his thousand page playbook. Then, of course he was cut by the Browns, not that they are a competent organization. And his second go round with Denver was as bad as Houston. Oh well. A guy can always hope during the offseason ha ha. Hopefully we never have to find out how bad Brock is in the regular season.

LOL. Clearly the FO and coaching staff disagrees with you. Thank God for that.
As does over 70% of Finheaven. I've come to understand that there are members who rarely if ever have anything positive, let alone enthusiastic or hopeful to say about anything Fins related. Whether it's a pathology that spills over here from "IRL" or the designated outlet to vent their negativity, who knows. Either way, what I suspect is that some people are happiest when they're miserable.

Yep completely usual and normal injury to the knee that is taking an abnormal time to heal. Is missing 20 games usual for this injury?

You are either completely oblivious to what has actually transpired, or this is intentional trolling. Neither is really a good look.

I’m wondering what qb this year would’ve been a viable backup ?

Without trading up and using all the draft capital.

Kaepernick, Keenam, McCarron, Bridgewater and probably about a half a dozen other options better than what we have I can't think of right now.

Maybe if we'd ever bring in serious competition for the starting job instead of scrubs and camp arms we wouldn't have to be so concerned. Tannehill is NOT elite and NEVER WILL BE elite. He isn't even a VERY GOOD QB. He's a middle of the pack guy. He is what he is always going to be. We can do better and we need to keep searching for a better QB. Next season we need to spend a 1st rounder on a top flight QB, even if we have to trade up to get him.
Tannehill doesn't need competition. He's his own competition and a true pro.

how did the cutler safety net work out last year?

indeed I believe quite a few called it an upgrade

Kaepernick, Keenam, McCarron, Bridgewater and probably about a half a dozen other options better than what we have I can't think of right now.
None of those were viable options for the fins......at all.

LOL. Clearly the FO and coaching staff disagrees with you. Thank God for that.

BTW, trading up from 32 will cost a ****load of picks.
Front office and coaching staff agreed that cutler was a good answer last year, so please let's not use that as some kind of proof that a poster's opinion is invalid.

Kap i'll give you, Keenam signed for a solid starter money in Denver so it was never an option.

McCarron is an unknown, he literally has never played meaningful snaps in the NFL.

Bridgewater almost lost his leg when he hurt his knee, again never an option.

All of the NFL disagrees with regarding Kap, regardless of the reason. Others you mentioned aren't actually available as free agents even if you agree they are better McCarron? Really?

So what resources would you have used to get them here?

I want a better backup situation but it's not only a matter of money, it's availability and draft choices. I just don't see the obvious mistake here. We should haVe given up draft choices for McCarron or Bridgewater? Don't think so in our situation.

Front office and coaching staff agreed that cutler was a good answer last year, so please let's not use that as some kind of proof that a poster's opinion is invalid.
He was the best option at the time.

Back
Top Bottom