Miami Dolphins Must Get Proactive Before It's Too Late | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Must Get Proactive Before It's Too Late

Howard reminds me of a cornerback version of Adam Gase. Just like Gase wins more games than his overall play calling seems to suggest, Howard manages many more interceptions than his cover ability seems to suggest.

He does get beat a lot more frequently than Dolphins fans are willing to acknowledge. So far he's been fortunate with the errant throws, like Tannehill with the dropped interceptions.

Major candidate to have wild swings in reputation if he signs a fat contract. Some seasons and stretches of games will still feature those interceptions, but if he has a cold spell there, simultaneous with accuracy when he's beaten, lots of whining about the contract and whether it got to his head.

Big picture we need to sign him and hope the interceptions continue. As Kdawg posted, the salary mistakes are paying high dollar to moderately talented free agents and then wondering what went wrong.
He does get beat and it isn’t lost on me. His closing speed to the ball on some plays reminds me of Ed Reed or Richard Sherman in their primes. That pick against Brady down center field last year and I think it was vs Carr this year were incredible plays that most guys cannot make. You pay him IMO and take the chance that it doesn’t go to his head.

he does get beat but at least he makes a few ints

Back
Top Bottom