Miami Dolphins: Newcomers on offensive line struggled in loss to Ravens | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: Newcomers on offensive line struggled in loss to Ravens

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Prepared? it didn't look like the coaching staff gameplaned for this team. I said to myself, "They must have thought this was the 1st preseason game."
The starting right side of the Dolphins’ offensive line Sunday featured a pair of big guys who weren’t even on the roster going into the previous weekend.

Despite their short tenure with the team, Coach Brian Flores decided to go with Julien Davenport at tackle and Danny Isidora at guard alongside center Daniel Kilgore. Rookie Shaq Calhoun was inactive for the 59-10 season-opening loss to the Ravens.
:lmfao:

“It’s going to be tough every week,” Kilgore said. “I don’t care if your group has been here for 10 years altogether or a group that’s just been together for a week -- you’ve got to be ready to go, and I feel like these guys [Davenport and Isidora] stepped in on short notice and did a good job of preparing.”

Unfamiliarity with each another made the opener “definitely a challenge” for the unit, Davis noted, though “we’ve got nothing to blame” Sunday’s offensive performance on. “We were all prepared for this one,” he added.

Davenport and Isidora echoed those sentiments.

We were wussies on both sides of the ball. Every time we play Baltimore, they look like a team full of hulks and we look like a team of weaklings. It's pathetic and disgraceful.

And the sad thing is, it's hard to even blame the OL that much for the complete crushing.
Offense never really had a chance because of how bad the defense was. Funny since before the season we thought the offense would be the unit holding the defense back. Lol not even close.

And the sad thing is, it's hard to even blame the OL that much for the complete crushing.

Ya in the list of complaints, the oline is pretty far down on that list. They’re at least below the coaching, scheme, Coverage, pass rush, tackling, and Grant

Who could have seen Miami's OL struggle coming?

Should be all better against the Patriots.

Well I hope there are different people choosing the players as a whole than those who choose Charles Harris.
Don’t forget minkah, gesicki, McMillan, and Wilkins. Wilkins might be ok but you don’t draft a dt that early in the draft unless they posses an elite trait.

Don’t forget minkah, gesicki, McMillan, and Wilkins. Wilkins might be ok but you don’t draft a dt that early in the draft unless they posses an elite trait.

Can we chill out a little on the Gesicki criticism? Yeah the guy didn't produce last year but that's at a position where rookies almost always struggle and that was in an inept offense to boot. He's looked ready to produce this year, like most of our weapon's he's just gonna need chances which may be hard to come by with a defense that can't get off the field and a line lacking starting talent.

Back
Top Bottom