Miami Dolphins No Closer To A Coach But Details To Coming Philosophy Become Clearer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins No Closer To A Coach But Details To Coming Philosophy Become Clearer

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
AP_18365621031854-e1546631661557-1024x683.jpg

They won’t call it tanking or rebuilding or anything really because that talk makes heads explode in the marketing department. And it makes selling tickets really hard. And it affects organizational morale.

But the fact they’re not going to say it doesn’t change the fact they’re going to, well, do it to the extent one can.

And based on sources within and outside the organization, I’m starting to get a picture of what this retreat from win-now might look like.

This:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article224493950.html

Pretty sure Stephen Ross has already said that we need to rebuild and move away from trying to win now. In fact Gase's refusal to get on board was apparently one of the reason he was let go. I think the quote was "I'd rather not go 3-13, but if that's what it takes", or something like that.

Herald says i have used up my freebies. Anyone got a condenced version on the heralds take? They dont think flores isnt in the bag already and thats why no coach has signed? Unfortunately, flores IS and always has been the choice since grier was handed the keys to the kingdom and the ross machine is waiting for the hopeful end of the pats season.

As far as ross "saying" its a rebuild, everyone already knows, both fans and nfl. Ticket sales will be down this year and flores isnt commanding mile long lines for tickets or selling any sky boxes.

Herald says i have used up my freebies. Anyone got a condenced version on the heralds take? They dont think flires isnt in the bag and thats why no coach has signed? Unfortunately, flores IS and always has been the choice since grier was handed the keys to the kingdom.

As far as ross "saying" its a rebuild, everyone already knows both fans and nfl. Ticket sales will be down this year and flores isnt commanding mile long lines for tickets or selling any sky boxes.
Turn on “private mode” on your phone.

Herald will work just fine

Herald says i have used up my freebies. Anyone got a condenced version on the heralds take? They dont think flores isnt in the bag already and thats why no coach has signed? Unfortunately, flores IS and always has been the choice since grier was handed the keys to the kingdom and the ross machine is waiting for the hopeful end of the pats season.

As far as ross "saying" its a rebuild, everyone already knows, both fans and nfl. Ticket sales will be down this year and flores isnt commanding mile long lines for tickets or selling any sky boxes.
delete cookies

Wow, it's like Armando is reading my posts! This is almost exactly what I've been saying since we fired Gase. No QB's in the 2019 draft so tank for 2020. Spend the 2019 draft rebuilding the lines because we need at least 2 DE's, 1 DT, 2 interior OL and possibly 1 RT if we don't retain Ju'Wuan James.

Ross is looking at a top 5 pick for 2020! That’s when we get our big gun QB. We need to go ahead and prepare by loading the trenches. Year 3 with a new coach is when I expect to see progress.

Well then the actions better reflect it. No mixed signals here.

Dump money and acquire draft capitol
It's the only way we can help dig out of mediocrity. Gotta go backwards.

This fan base is going to be unbearable when we start offloading expensive contracts like Jones and Alonso.

It's the only way we can help dig out of mediocrity. Gotta go backwards.

This fan base is going to be unbearable when we start offloading expensive contracts like Jones and Alonso.

The problem is when you dump vets for low draft capitol return it doesn’t get you anywhere in terms of leverage to move up for your qb. Day 3 pick returns aren’t gonna do it.

We are gonna need to trade high value assets on rookie contracts to get real draft capitol return.

If I got to move up for a qb if and when I do those day 3 pick returns are nothing but throw ins in trade.

Unless I’m just gonna give away my next 2 first rounders too in the process. For qbs people are gonna hold you to the fire in trade

The problem is when you dump vets for low draft capitol return it doesn’t get you anywhere in terms of leverage to move up for your qb. Day 3 pick returns aren’t gonna do it.

We are gonna need to trade high value assets on rookie contracts to get real draft capitol return.

If I got to move up for a qb if and when I do those day 3 pick returns are nothing but throw ins in trade.

Unless I’m just gonna give away my next 2 first rounders too in the process. For qbs people are gonna hold you to the fire in trade

Sounds like the plan is to have a top 5 pick in the 2020 draft. The 2020 draft will have more QB prospects than the 2019. Plus, we should build the trenches first and then get a QB.

Wow, it's like Armando is reading my posts! This is almost exactly what I've been saying since we fired Gase. No QB's in the 2019 draft so tank for 2020. Spend the 2019 draft rebuilding the lines because we need at least 2 DE's, 1 DT, 2 interior OL and possibly 1 RT if we don't retain Ju'Wuan James.
Agree, but what do you think happens if Murray or Lock is there for the taking at #13?

The prescription he laid out is pretty much on target with the consensus on this board.

LOS #1

I have to think some of our scouts need to go -- especially those who have focused on OL.

We need an OL scout who's the equivalent of Rizzi with kickers!

Someone who can ID raw talent and then get it coached up!

hate to break the news but Armando has been a source of endless contradictions. One day the Ds ARE going to do A the next day they ARE NOT going to do A.

Though I agree that this needs to be done, I cant help but think, why would we put this out for people to know? Maybe this is to help us either obtain more draft picks or drive a QB down to us at 13 so teams below us dont trade up to get any of them. Gotta be some kind of strategy here.

Back
Top Bottom