Miami Dolphins Offensive Line Grades through Week 4, LT/RG/C Good, LG/RT Bad | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Offensive Line Grades through Week 4, LT/RG/C Good, LG/RT Bad

I think Eichenberg is showing potential and we just need to be patient. He has made some good blocks but also had breakdowns. What’s critical for him is that he needs to be better late in the season than he is now, to show a trajectory that informs the front office that we don’t need an upgrade. As for Jackson, based on what I saw last year, he didn’t seem well suited for guard. Maybe the new staff could change that but I could see it being tackle or bust for him.

The good news is that Connor Williams has been fantastic at center and that Armstead and Hunt are top notch.

I dont think Eich and Little have been THAT bad, but yikes

Good to see the other guys grading out well.. I'm excited for us to get Jackson back and see what he can do

Well dang, we have 3 top 10 lineman. Can't believe I'm typing that!!

Kinda surprised at Eichs play since we drafted him. I thought he was going to be a really good lineman in the NFL given his college play.

The line has been good in pass pro no matter what the individual grades say. Yes that clip or little getting run over isn’t pretty but if you watch him on pass plays he normally swallows up his man. He’s also had the key blocks on several big run plays or TDs. Eich had had some visible whiffs too but overall as a unit they are playing well and will only get better. I also stand by my non-qualified assertion that Little is better than Jackson at RT and will keep the spot. Williams at C has been a pleasant surprise. It’s been a VERY long time since we’ve seen pockets to pass from and they are now becoming the norm vs the exception. And as many of you have pointed out, that will only get better as we figure out how to get more from our run game. OL play is the biggest reason why we are hitting bombs to Hill and Waddle etc. Reason to be optimistic about the OL - finally!
Agree. I also think Little has played much better than that grade. The good news is Miami is 18th (I believe) in pass protection after being 32nd last year. It's a noticeable difference.

Connor Williams has been a pleasant surprise in his transition to center. He’s graded out well consistently and has really anchored the line. Something we haven’t seen since Pouncey. Continue getting those high snaps cleaned up and he’s golden.

I guess that was the vision. They probably weren’t targeting many centers at all. He was the guy. So far so good. Great value and really happy to have him.

I have seen signs of good coaching as the players improve. The largest improvement is with Hunt‘s head discipline which helped his pass protection. That is good coaching. I have seen Eichenberg get better at pulling and executing the trap block. He still has a long way to go to get to average level of play, but I am looking forward to seeing what the coaches can do.

Connor Williams has been a pleasant surprise in his transition to center. He’s graded out well consistently and has really anchored the line. Something we haven’t seen since Pouncey. Continue getting those high snaps cleaned up and he’s golden.

I guess that was the vision. They probably weren’t targeting many centers at all. He was the guy. So far so good. Great value and really happy to have him.
Maybe the plan was Williams at center all along? If so, nice evaluation by Grier and McDaniel.

Back
Top Bottom