Miami Dolphins Offensive Line Grades through Week 4, LT/RG/C Good, LG/RT Bad | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Offensive Line Grades through Week 4, LT/RG/C Good, LG/RT Bad

Tailgun

Generational Poster
Reaction score
Saw this posted by a PFF staffer on Twitter and thought it might be useful to share:

"Where the #Dolphins OL stands through 4 games: Top-10 at LT/RG/C, among the worst in the league at LG/RT It'll be interesting to see where Jackson plays when he's healthy. IMO he's better suited at LG than RT but we'll see what the team does." - Ryan Smith, PFF

Fd6OxXpWAAIFoV6.jpg

I'd actually thought Greg Little had played a bit better from those occasions I'd watched him during the games (guess not).

Apparently, we are fine everywhere but LG and RT. Will Ajax returning be an improvement? Should either he or Little take over for Eichenberg? Perhaps it is still too early to pass judgment, but one would think changes must be coming during the bye week if things don't get better.

It's a shame Solomon Kindley couldn't get on the better side of his coaches in regard to conditioning. It seemed he was looking very good at LG. FWIW, he's still floating around as a free agent. Could he really, truly just not be able to keep his wind during the shifts and movement featured in this scheme?

Also, I wonder if anyone has any grades on Austin Jackson during Week 1, prior to his injury. Was he grading well in that game at RT?

It's a shame Solomon Kindley couldn't get on the better side of his coaches in regard to conditioning. It seemed he was looking very good at LG. FWIW, he's still floating around as a free agent. Could he really, truly just not be able to keep his wind during the shifts and movement featured in this scheme?

Also, I wonder if anyone has any grades on Austin Jackson during Week 1, prior to his injury. Was he grading well in that game at RT?
I think he only played 7 snaps before he was injured.

Saw this posted by a PFF staffer on Twitter and thought it might be useful to share:

"Where the #Dolphins OL stands through 4 games: Top-10 at LT/RG/C, among the worst in the league at LG/RT It'll be interesting to see where Jackson plays when he's healthy. IMO he's better suited at LG than RT but we'll see what the team does." - Ryan Smith, PFF

View attachment 119650

I'd actually thought Greg Little had played a bit better from those occasions I'd watched him during the games (guess not).

Apparently, we are fine everywhere but LG and RT. Will Ajax returning be an improvement? Should either he or Little take over for Eichenberg? Perhaps it is still too early to pass judgment, but one would think changes must be coming during the bye week if things don't get better.
Little has played well. I watch him in pass pro and I have not seen him beaten yet. Eich is the guy who stands out w some whiffs and misses. Little has also had some great blocks on running plays that sprung backs. Not sure what to make of these scores but they don’t match what I’m watching. The line has been overall pretty good

Just my casual observations...

Greg Little has had some good plays, but he got flat run over on at least one play last night, which looked bad.

I don't know what Eichenberg's assignments are but he's the one I notice standing around a play with no man to block more than others.

Williams has looked good.

Hilariously this line is still a million times better than last year's unit
Agree, that's what's incredible. And not just last year, but the year before that. We are finally getting a chance to see what our quarterback is capable of given even half-decent blocking.

Now imagine what this system would look like with even 60% of the typical Shanahan running success...

The line has been good in pass pro no matter what the individual grades say. Yes that clip or little getting run over isn’t pretty but if you watch him on pass plays he normally swallows up his man. He’s also had the key blocks on several big run plays or TDs. Eich had had some visible whiffs too but overall as a unit they are playing well and will only get better. I also stand by my non-qualified assertion that Little is better than Jackson at RT and will keep the spot. Williams at C has been a pleasant surprise. It’s been a VERY long time since we’ve seen pockets to pass from and they are now becoming the norm vs the exception. And as many of you have pointed out, that will only get better as we figure out how to get more from our run game. OL play is the biggest reason why we are hitting bombs to Hill and Waddle etc. Reason to be optimistic about the OL - finally!

The improvement in pass pro had been significant. Add to that the intricacies of the playbook and how different protections and play-action have been used, and it is a clear improvement over last year. Plus, Tua has been killing it, and will again when he is ready.

Mildly surprised by only a "modest" improvement in the run game. Thought that would be more developed at this point, but still feel it will improve week by week. We'll be a much better running team by the years end.

I do like what both of our new backs have added to our offensive design. Mostert has done a great job at times making more out of very little. Sign of an instinctive runner. And it was great to see him burst that one play up the middle, thought he might break it and go to the house.

Ryan Smith of PFF saying Austin Jackson is better suited for a Guard position than a Tackle position has me shaking my head.

Eich grading out so poorly is not good, but i have seen him demolishing folks at times during the games.

If his play was as bad as the PFF grade, I suspect we'd have seen Robert Jones in there by now.

Little 100% returns to the bench when Austin returns healthy.

Ryan Smith of PFF saying Austin Jackson is better suited for a Guard position than a Tackle position has me shaking my head.

Eich grading out so poorly is not good, but i have seen him demolishing folks at times during the games.

If his play was as bad as the PFF grade, I suspect we'd have seen Robert Jones in there by now.

Little 100% returns to the bench when Austin returns healthy.
I think Little stays in. Just a gut feel

Back
Top Bottom