Miami Dolphins Players React To Rampant Roster Revisions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Players React To Rampant Roster Revisions

Well it’s not all on the coaches or teachers, they can teach until there blue in the face but if students or players don’t study there stuff on there own time

In the work environment whether is it is a Supervisor, Head Coach, or GM, if you don't adapt and make the timely necessary changes you will be replaced. Some of the values for my company is move fast and embrace change.

Last edited:
I dont think our young guys are too upset there is alot more cap room available in the future.

When things are not working you need to make changes and changes were made. Were they the right changes? Time will tell but some people want to have it both ways here. We complain if the FO/HC don't change anything and then we complain when they make changes too? At some point you need to let go of your dead weight and go in a new direction. I don't have a crystal ball so I can't tell if this will work or not but it makes no sense to say this team has sucks for so long and then when the team tries to make a change, people complain about that too. Why don't we wait and see what happens next?

So you must think BB can't coach or teach either because he moves on from players like this all the time.
First Gase in no way proved he is a BB yet. Second BB does not purge his roster in an offseason. Does he let a let a productive veteran walk sure, many times in a trade or a high compensation pick in the next draft. Plus Bill plans ahead with a replacement players in the wings. It's called reloading not hitting the roster. That first season under Gase he lucks out weak schedule, surprise running back who has 3 NFL record 200 yard rushing games plus as well as additional great performances does not make Gase a great coach just a opportunitunist one. These last 2 seasons remind me of Parcels and Soprano they run out the wildcat go to the playoffs that first year and then poop the bed afterwards

I agree with you that running an organization long-term through fear is normally a losing proposition but oddly enough I believe there are cases where it's the only thing that has any impact on certain personality types. What's even more off is that the coaches who actually instill the most fear sometimes get the most respect. Lombardi, Shula, Landry, Bryant, Ditka, just to name a few. were universally respected but they ruled with an iron fist.
Fair enougb of all those I am familiar only with Shula and Laundry somewhat and it's just my opinion but I would describe their style as desiplined not as a tyrant. Players knew they were going to get a earful and run extra laps but not loose their jobs.

And how do you know the best students - not players - were removed?
When you are voted to the pro bowl its not just one guys opinion its voted on by a concensus of football players and others in the football community who. Sure it's based on production but also the reputation of that player. To take your comment one step further say you have 4 gifted students in your class that a teacher is struggling to teach, is the class actually better off removing the students with the higher ceiling from the class thus diluting the talent pool just because the teacher is incapable of instructimg them? Or is the class better off finding a instructor who is capable of getting the entire class to grow r thus raising the bar for the entire class.

So only you are correct. Got it.
Not at all, this is not just a issolated incident where we are discussing just one player this is a pattern. Gase has proved nothing yet and his buddy Tbum is a known looser, so I have a hard time buying the coolaide they are selling the fans.

When you are voted to the pro bowl its not just one guys opinion its voted on by a concensus of football players and others in the football community who. Sure it's based on production but also the reputation of that player. To take your comment one step further say you have 4 gifted students in your class that a teacher is struggling to teach, is the class actually better off removing the students with the higher ceiling from the class thus diluting the talent pool just because the teacher is incapable of instructimg them? Or is the class better off finding a instructor who is capable of getting the entire class to grow r thus raising the bar for the entire class.

There's a difference between a good player (athlete) and a good student - someone who can learn and FOLLOW WHAT HAS BEEN LEARNED. Landry is a gifted athlete, but, apparently, not a good student. Some here like to think 'good student' means 'can't learn.' It also means 'won't follow instructions'

First Gase in no way proved he is a BB yet. Second BB does not purge his roster in an offseason. Does he let a let a productive veteran walk sure, many times in a trade or a high compensation pick in the next draft. Plus Bill plans ahead with a replacement players in the wings. It's called reloading not hitting the roster. That first season under Gase he lucks out weak schedule, surprise running back who has 3 NFL record 200 yard rushing games plus as well as additional great performances does not make Gase a great coach just a opportunitunist one. These last 2 seasons remind me of Parcels and Soprano they run out the wildcat go to the playoffs that first year and then poop the bed afterwards
dude most of the players they let go were cap casualties, not just purging to get rid of players. they're reloading with more affordable players. if you don't like it, that's your prerogative. and in no way does that make you remotely correct.

dude most of the players they let go were cap casualties, not just purging to get rid of players. they're reloading with more affordable players. if you don't like it, that's your prerogative. and in no way does that make you remotely correct.
Nor does it make my point incorrect either the theme of this thread along with many other threads is these guys were not let go because they were just cap casualties but was justified because of their poor additudes and not willing to work hard enough after practice. But that stuff if u like it's your prerogative.

Absolutely that's exactly what Bill did this off-season, but you're spinning your wheels making sense. If it don't fit an anti-gase agenda with some you are wasting your time. I just want to know where in the hell they all were when we made it to the playoffs, oh my yeah that' right they took a leave with all the anti-tannehills during his 7-1 run. Smh

There's a difference between a good player (athlete) and a good student - someone who can learn and FOLLOW WHAT HAS BEEN LEARNED. Landry is a gifted athlete, but, apparently, not a good student. Some here like to think 'good student' means 'can't learn.' It also means 'won't follow instructions'
"Apparently" hum, 4 consecutive 1000 yard seasons catching those passes from mediocre to poor QB players, playing on mediocre to poor teams. Hum so the student in this case is killing his ACT and SAT collegiate entrance exams but is considered a poor student because his high school teacher was upset because he was not doing enough homework. Got it.

Nor does it make my point incorrect either the theme of this thread along with many other threads is these guys were not let go because they were just cap casualties but was justified because of their poor additudes and not willing to work hard enough after practice. But that stuff if u like it's your prerogative.
No,, they were cap casualties.

"Apparently" hum, 4 consecutive 1000 yard seasons catching those passes from mediocre to poor QB players, playing on mediocre to poor teams. Hum so the student in this case is killing his ACT and SAT collegiate entrance exams but is considered a poor student because his high school teacher was upset because he was not doing enough homework. Got it.

As I said, "Some here like to think 'bad student' means 'can't learn.' It also means 'won't follow instructions'

Back
Top Bottom