Miami Dolphins Players React To Rampant Roster Revisions | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Players React To Rampant Roster Revisions

MercMan you might be right or just buying the coolaide the front office is selling the fans on their moves. I look at it this way if a coach is unable to coach all of his pro bowl players on his team and a pro bowl player represents the cream of the crop on any NFL squad then that has to tell you something about that coach.
Taking a real life senario like you were using on a job and flipping it around to a classful of students. If a teacher at a high school was unable to instruct their advanced class of students because of some disciplinary issues caused by the students what do you suppose would happen? I think you know the answer, teacher gets fired, teacher leaves to find another career they can do sucessfully or the teacher has to learn how to do their job better. I disagree with ya running a team or your employees through fear of loising their jobs is a sucessful method. No body wants to be part of a organization like that and will jump ship as soon as a opportunity arises.

Really, well I guess Bill Belichick or Jimmy Johnson forgot to get that memo.

Rocket science or brain surgery?
It's a combination of the two that was started a while ago in corporate circles as a bit of a joke, but now I hear it pretty often. In fact, many times I don't think people even know anymore that it's a joke or a hybrid - they just say it like it makes sense. Weird.

That first season under Gase he lucks out weak schedule, surprise running back who has 3 NFL record 200 yard rushing games plus as well as additional great performances does not make Gase a great coach just a opportunitunist one.

You do realize that those 3 NFL record 200 yard rushing games were under Gase's offensive scheme. You get a confused defense and they give up big runs. Pittsburgh and Buffalo were unsettled by our offense in those games. How many 200 yard games has the running back had under a different scheme/different team? How many 100 yard games?

No,, they were cap casualties.
Fair enough if thats what it really is explain that to the other posters implying its an addutude issue. Of course Ajayi is the exception as he was on his rookie contract.

As I said, "Some here like to think 'bad student' means 'can't learn.' It also means 'won't follow instructions'
Thats the koolaide Gase is selling keep drinking it. Regardless those excuses are now out the window this season the co as ch has his students now and if they dont win this season 10 wins he needs to find a new job.

Fair enougb of all those I am familiar only with Shula and Laundry somewhat and it's just my opinion but I would describe their style as desiplined not as a tyrant. Players knew they were going to get a earful and run extra laps but not loose their jobs.

And you know this how? Back then, it was tyrants, not 'players coaches'.

Really, well I guess Bill Belichick or Jimmy Johnson forgot to get that memo.
Jimmy Johnson did not run the team like that when he was here. Jimmy changed the scheme is all. He focused on the ground game instead of Marino which suddenly rested our defense. Guess what happened we went from the bottom of the barrel defense to a top 10. Jimmy drafted well but he certainly was not threaten ing his players with their jobs like your implying.

You do realize that those 3 NFL record 200 yard rushing games were under Gase's offensive scheme. You get a confused defense and they give up big runs. Pittsburgh and Buffalo were unsettled by our offense in those games. How many 200 yard games has the running back had under a different scheme/different team? How many 100 yard games?
Same scheme same runner this year different results. Why teams were prepared this year, just like they were prepared the year after we ran the wildcat successfully and shut it down too. Great coaches change schemes and adjust we do not.

And you know this how? Back then, it was tyrants, not 'players coaches'.
Well I was a fan back then also, read everything I could plus the old Dolphins Digest. Players spoke out in news paper artcles just like they do on Twitter today. Goodnight.

"Apparently" hum, 4 consecutive 1000 yard seasons catching those passes from mediocre to poor QB players, playing on mediocre to poor teams. Hum so the student in this case is killing his ACT and SAT collegiate entrance exams but is considered a poor student because his high school teacher was upset because he was not doing enough homework. Got it.
Are you talking about Landry? If so, when did he put 4 consecutive 1000 yds seasons? In real life, Landry doesnt have more 1000 yds seasons than Brian Hartline...

Jimmy Johnson did not run the team like that when he was here. Jimmy changed the scheme is all. He focused on the ground game instead of Marino which suddenly rested our defense. Guess what happened we went from the bottom of the barrel defense to a top 10. Jimmy drafted well but he certainly was not threaten ing his players with their jobs like your implying.
Man Please, Thomas and Taylor would disagree with you, even Michael Irvin for goodness sake laughed about how JJ coached by fear and players were always on edge after a loss. Now Jimmy might not have come out and literally threatened you, (although that is debatable) but it was understood in no uncertain terms that if you didn't do your job you were gone, and gone fast.

"Kenyan, how do you feel about getting the starting job after the coach traded Jay Ajayi for a bag of peanuts?"

Kenyan Drake: "Uh, pretty good?"

Man Please, Thomas and Taylor would disagree with you, even Michael Irvin for goodness sake laughed about how JJ coached by fear and players were always on edge after a loss. Now Jimmy might not have come out and literally threatened you, (although that is debatable) but it was understood in no uncertain terms that if you didn't do your job you were gone, and gone fast.
Never heard a peep from Thomas or Taylor fearing JJ. Irven may have said that when he was at the polks. There was one DT I forget his name that made a mistake I believe in the end zone that actually cost is a game. Now he was sweating it. Look there is a thing called dicipline and another called fear, its different though. Now you could bring up Parcels as a example but even he would deal with good great players additudes like a LT if he continued to produce on the field.

Same scheme same runner this year different results. Why teams were prepared this year, just like they were prepared the year after we ran the wildcat successfully and shut it down too. Great coaches change schemes and adjust we do not.

Kenyan Drake, a guy that not many people thought very much of coming out of college, looked like a damn All-Pro in that scheme when he got the call.

Back
Top Bottom