Miami Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa ‘electric’ during day two of minicamp | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa ‘electric’ during day two of minicamp

My take always from your statements above

1. Saturday is not required to create content he just tells the truth as he sees it

2. Because Cs are so cLose to QBs Everyone who played under C for the GOAT is an excellent judge of a young QB - and is therefore better at judging a young QB than anyone else

My point

The C should kno a little about the game and the play that is called or changed at the Los but the execution after the snap is about the QB - the C his back is turned

He is just making observations like the rest of us - he has no superpowers
1. Just like any other media member, he's entitled to his opinion.

2. No, not what I said. Not just because. He had a reputation as an incredibly intelligent player. Where did I say he's a better judge of talent then anyone else? I just said his knowledge of the game trumps anyone on this board. He's certainly more qualified to judge than anyone here. Just read anything written about him or said by Manning or Rodgers and you'll see his level of intelligence.

3. Did you just say that the C should know little about the game? That's typically one of your smartest players on the field. Do you think the C has no influence on changes at the LOS? Come on.

You're getting way too in depth in this argument. All he said was he had medium level concern about him. He explained why. It was very clear that it was based on other factors as well.

My take always from your statements above

1. Saturday is not required to create content he just tells the truth as he sees it

2. Because Cs are so cLose to QBs Everyone who played under C for the GOAT is an excellent judge of a young QB - and is therefore better at judging a young QB than anyone else

My point

The C should kno a little about the game and the play that is called or changed at the Los but the execution after the snap is about the QB - the C his back is turned

He is just making observations like the rest of us - he has no superpowers
Rev, your point #1...he didn't see it though
There was no practice tape, he didn't attend the camp, he didn't research at all. Also, what does truth as he sees it mean. The truth is the truth, if you add how he sees it, then it becomes opinion.

Thank you. Odd how that works around here where some are thrilled with negative articles but question us on being positive about a player on a team we are a fan of.

All I pointed out was bias ESPN reporting and to him I'm butt hurt.

I am always positive about players on the Fins but Tua gets too much hate for my liking.
<~~~~~~~~~~ Team Bahamian Redneck √√√

I would say this has turned into a veritable Peyton Place but Saturday wouldn't like it.

2. No, not what I said. Not just because. He had a reputation as an incredibly intelligent player. Where did I say he's a better judge of talent then anyone else? I just said his knowledge of the game trumps anyone on this board. He's certainly more qualified to judge than anyone here. Just read anything written about him or said by Manning or Rodgers and you'll see his level of intelligence.

3. Did you just say that the C should know little about the game? That's typically one of your smartest players on the field. Do you think the C has no influence on changes at the LOS? Come on.

You're getting way too in depth in this argument. All he said was he had medium level concern about him. He explained why. It was very clear that it was based on other factors as well.
Following up on a monsoon-affected day (and I know cuz I was driving in it maybe 10 miles away), Tua next had an electric practice besting our defenders conclusively. That more than cancels out the previous practice...so why don't we all move onl

Show me the proof that Miami had any interest in Watson. That was was all media speculation. Typical of the media. Fabricate a story and then branch off the story as if it was true in the first place. Not one person associated with the Miami Dolphins organization has done or said anything to show that they don’t support Tua and have a desire to move on from him to Deshaun Watson.
Normally, I'd be inclined to agree with you but there are too many very good reporters that have openly reported that Miami would make a change only if Watson is available. Why would anyone in our organization come out and say that? Again, this is rumor that adds fuel to the fire on Tua with the media.

Following up on a monsoon-affected day (and I know cuz I was driving in it maybe 10 miles away), Tua next had an electric practice besting our defenders conclusively. That more than cancels out the previous practice...so why don't we all move onl
Exactly! The whole point of this was to not worry about one day or what any member of the media says. None of it matters. He can put everything to rest himself by playing well in Sept.

Normally, I'd be inclined to agree with you but there are too many very good reporters that have openly reported that Miami would make a change only if Watson is available. Why would anyone in our organization come out and say that? Again, this is rumor that adds fuel to the fire on Tua with the media.
It was a rumor not substantiated by any action.

Just like Rodgers. Just like Wilson. We were interested in everyone right? I mean the very good reporters said so right.

I mean some are the same reporters who have stated they get nothing from Flores or Grier. Now all of a sudden we have interest in Watson and only Watson if he's available. No wait.... now it's heVy interest in Wilson. No I mean Rodgers...

Meanwhile in reality, Flo and Grier did everything possible to clearly show Tua was their guy.

From quickly stating after the season ended he was their guy. To hiring coach or coaches who have worked with Tua, to keeping their OC hiring in house for familiarity purposes. To specifically targeting an ex teammate in the draft (waddle). Even making a trade very early for draft picks while having Waddle in mind.

They did NOTHING to indicate they were interested in any other QB.

These very good reporters simply were enamored with top QBS in the league that they reported their fantasies rather than report something that had any semblance of reality tied to decisions made by this team

We will see September right around corner..right now is time make mistakes..everybody 0-0 right now..

Negative press draws eyes. This isn’t just something in sports. Many people point out that the news on TV is always negative without realizing that’s the intent.

The news isn’t making things up but their focus leans to the bad **** that happens every day.

If you don't think the "news" doesn't report on "unsubstantiated" information, why did four (or was it five) "New York Times" reporters who earned "Pulitzer" prizes for their stories , have to face the embarrassment of having to acknowledge those stories were complete fabrications, resulting in the retraction of those "Pulitzer" prizes?

And speaking of "Pulitzer"; one of his claims to fame was that a Spanish spy blew up the Battleship Maine in Havana Harbor.

Modern examination shows the explosion took place in the arms locker.

It is important to note that the USS Maine was equipped with some "special" 20" guns. Compared to the big 16" guns used on WWII era battleships, these were monsters, but what made them special was that they were "pneumatic".

This was necessary in order to be able to launch rounds with explosive warheads without blowing up the gun. The large "modern" WWI battleship guns were so powerful with their 20 mile range of fire that explosive warheads of the time would explode under acceleration in their barrels. The pneumatic 20" guns on the USS Maine only had a 2 mile range but could launch the exploding warheads with more reliability.

In the end, the explosive warheads of the time were determined to have a tendency to be unstable and even blow up just due to the heat that often developed in the big ships arms locker. This is what is now considered the cause of the explosion in the USS Maine. There was never any proof of a spy getting on board the USS Maine and considering the extra precautions that prevented entry to the arms locker, the possibility of an agent getting in was vanishingly small. Knowing that there were special munitions stored that were unstable in high temperatures along with confirmation that the explosion occurred from within the locker, as opposed to being set off from outside the locker, excludes the "spy" theory that was pushed by Pulitzer.

Eventually a reliable exploding warhead was developed that the big guns with 20 miles of range could fire them without blowing themselves up. The information of the experimental 20" guns and exploding warheads was available in Pulitzers' time, but he believed in "national expansionalisim" and used his news papers to push that angle.

Is it surprising to find that this "Fraud" has his name on a prize issued to reporters who are then found to have "fabricated" their stories?

Don't take my word for it, check it out.

Don't try telling me the problem with the different "NYT" reporters was a "fluke". One fraudulent award could have been a "fluke", but four or five over a span of a few years was a pattern.

Do you still say the media doesn't lie?

Last edited:
It was a rumor not substantiated by any action.

Just like Rodgers. Just like Wilson. We were interested in everyone right? I mean the very good reporters said so right.

I mean some are the same reporters who have stated they get nothing from Flores or Grier. Now all of a sudden we have interest in Watson and only Watson if he's available. No wait.... now it's heVy interest in Wilson. No I mean Rodgers...

Meanwhile in reality, Flo and Grier did everything possible to clearly show Tua was their guy.

From quickly stating after the season ended he was their guy. To hiring coach or coaches who have worked with Tua, to keeping their OC hiring in house for familiarity purposes. To specifically targeting an ex teammate in the draft (waddle). Even making a trade very early for draft picks while having Waddle in mind.

They did NOTHING to indicate they were interested in any other QB.

These very good reporters simply were enamored with top QBS in the league that they reported their fantasies rather than report something that had any semblance of reality tied to decisions made by this team
Exactly, actions speak louder than words

Yeah.....the flipside to that is P. Manning vouched for Gase being a "guru" with two different franchises, who promply screwed the pooch in both situations.

.......just sayin....

Back
Top Bottom