Miami Dolphins Rally Cry | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Rally Cry

RealDriscoll

Still Perfect.. and You're Not.
Reaction score
Boo Hoo; One thing that really bothers me is the lack of support for our team. Yesterday was a disaster in Buffalo and honestly was one of the worst Dolphins games I have watched in a very long while.The team seemed to come out flat and really never picked up energy and for the first time in his coaching tenure with Miami Tony Sparano lost a game he was suppossed to win. Now every one is playing Monday Morning Quarterback with threads such as "Fire Tony Sprano", "Chad Henne Sucks",and it is just laughable. The team has the toughest schedule in the entire league and have been bitten by the injury bug in a big way. Ronnie Brown and Chad Pennington' Ever heard of them? Well they were the two best players from the 11-5 AFC East Champion Miami Dolphins and they are both done for the season. It's not easy to win in the NFL especially without your two best players.

To quote the great Jim Mora, "Playoffs?". I mean is Dolphin nations' real expectation that the Dolphins are a playoff team? I don't see it and to be honest ever since Week 1 against Atlanta my expectations of playoffs went to the waste side. The truth is that I think the Dolphins are a very good football team heading in the right direction. The front office inherited a terrible team and has turned that ship around quickly so quickly in fact that we alreay expect playoffs just two seasons after going 1-15; that's impressive; This league is about winning championships, not making the playoffs so if the Dolphins make the playoffs it really doesn;t matter because it's obvious that they are not a championship calibur team. Some of you chase the Wild-Card spot like it means something and to be honest making the playoffs means nothing. You can't put a "making the playoffs" in you're trophey case.

This team needs to improve at Wide Receiver but even more so defensively. I am convinced that Brian Hartline and Davone Bess can be good supporting Wide Receivers but I am no longer convinced that Ted Ginn Jr. can be a good #2 receiver. Ted Ginn Jr. is terrible as he is afraid of contact, cannot catch, and really is the worst Wide Receiver on our roster. Channing Crowder is undisciplined, lazy, and just freelances out there. What I can not excuse is how our defense seemed to give up at the end of the game. They let Fred Jackson and the Bills score another touchdown to run up the score so to say and they didn't put up much of fight. Boy did we miss Jason Ferguson out there today. Paul Soliai was not impressive in my book what so ever. I also question the play-calling again and Dan Henning seems to becoming a regular problem. That call that had Ricky Williams throwing the ball when the team was only 3 yards away from scoring and had just pushed the Bills down the field with ease was a tone-setter. Charlie Weiss?

The truth is that with the exception of Ricky Williams, Chad Henne is our best Offensive player. For those who would argue that the stat line showed Chad Henne threw 3 interceptions yesterday I would ask you to look at those picks as only the one to Drayton Florence would be Henne's fault. Our offensive line played poorly yesterday. Defensive linemen were tipping passes and Chad Henne was getting hit a lot. We need to surround this guy with some weapons and I expect us to sign and draft a receiver in the off-season.

For those who are calling Vontae Davis a bust I think you should be a Bills fan. Terrell Owens is 4th all time in NFL HISTORY in touchdowns so of course he will find some success against a rookie corner no matter how good he is. Lee Evans and Terrell Owens were actually quiet before that play.

The way I see things is that right now the Saints, Colts, Vikings, Patriots, and the Cowboys are the good teams; the Browns, Lions, Raiders, Rams, and chiefs are the bad teams; and than there is everone else.

Let's stop worrying about the playoffs and start worrying about getting better. This team will be very good in 2011 and until than it's an evaluation process.

Back
Top Bottom