Miami Dolphins reach out to another of NFL Draft’s top quarterbacks. And interviews booked | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins reach out to another of NFL Draft’s top quarterbacks. And interviews booked

Mind posting the bit about Eason? I can't get the link ... the Herald doesn't like my ad blocker.
A six-pack of Miami Dolphins notes on a Monday night:

▪ The Dolphins, determined to be prepared if they surprisingly don’t end up with a quarterback with their first pick in the NFL Draft, have looked very closely at the quarterbacks expected to go after Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa and Justin Herbert.

One of those well-regarded quarterbacks in that next tier is Washington’s Jacob Eason, and the Dolphins have arranged a video conference session with him, according to a league source.

Eason started all 13 games for the Huskies in 2019, completing 64.2 percent of his passes for 3,132 yards and 23 touchdowns and eight interceptions.

ESPN’s Todd McShay has Eason going 49th in his latest mock draft.

“Eason has some developing to do, but there’s no denying his raw arm strength and terrific measurables,” McShay said.

Eason began his career at Georgia, where he threw 16 touchdowns and 8 interceptions in 16 games in 2016 and 2017. He lost his job after sustaining an injury and transferred to Washington, where he played one season.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article241806336.html#storylink=cpy

If we don’t get Burrow or Tua I don’t want a QB. At least not one we are banking on being a starter for the future. If we don’t get either we need to trade back from 5 and pick up another 1st next year so we have ammo to move up if needed for Lawrence. Although it could be like this year where the team with the first is in desperate need for a QB and won’t trade out if the top spot.
I am right here with you. I would love to move back to 9 and get Jacksonville's 1st next year. I heard a top notch football handicapper say this past Saturday that the Jags would be underdogs in every game next year except one. Three guesses who that team was. You got it, the mighty Dolphins. I think it will be hard for them to not have a top 3 pick next year. If Tua ends in Washington, and Burro in Cincy, then the Jags pick along with Houston s pick, or Miami's own pick may get #1.

There you go folks people who think the Dolphins are trading up for a QB don’t understand the Dolphins of the last 20 plus years are now fully in our rear view mirror.

The dolphins will trade down and seek 2 more first round picks in Round 1 next year.

they will pick a second tierQB - Jordan Love or Eason because they will seek 2 studs to bring into training camp next year - 1 this season 1 next.

The Dolphins will seek 10 players in the first 4 rounds - 4 offensive lineman minimum a second tier QB a Rb a safety a nose tackle and two edge rushers.

they will use late round picks for a second Rb and a wide receiver.

mall this with accumulated ammo for next year...

We’re trading back baby quite a bit.

that way IF there is a season this year you evaluate your Eason or Love over a year - develop him...

then next year use you 4 picks to go get the top qb in college.

then let them fight it out.

then trade one the for 2 round one picks or more.

the days of the dolphins getting pulled in the draft are over!!!!

I am right here with you. I would love to move back to 9 and get Jacksonville's 1st next year. I heard a top notch football handicapper say this past Saturday that the Jags would be underdogs in every game next year except one. Three guesses who that team was. You got it, the mighty Dolphins. I think it will be hard for them to not have a top 3 pick next year. If Tua ends in Washington, and Burro in Cincy, then the Jags pick along with Houston s pick, or Miami's own pick may get #1.
Don't you think Jacksonville knows that? What makes you think Jacksonville would want to move up and pi*s away valuable draft capital?

If no Tua or Burrow don't waste a 1st on QB. Take Simmons or Brown at #5.

Eason in the 3rd round wouldn't be a terrible pick under that context.

People hate on Fromm for small hands, when Burrow isnt much bigger, and Tua is 6 feet tall.

Eason is among the last QB's I'd want Miami to consider. His 7.5 3-cone puts him in the bottom 3% of QB's, and his 4.75 20 puts him in the bottom 2%. There were some fluky agility drills this year, but those numbers are horrific, and they match what I saw on tape - slow, slow feet.

That's a non-starter for me. If you want a recent comp, think of an even more lethargic DeShone Kizer, but Kizer was a more talented passer - could vary trajectory, etc..

Eason is among the last QB's I'd want Miami to consider. His 7.5 3-cone puts him in the bottom 3% of QB's, and his 4.75 20 puts him in the bottom 2%. There were some fluky agility drills this year, but those numbers are horrific, and they match what I saw on tape - slow, slow feet.

That's a non-starter for me. If you want a recent comp, think of an even more lethargic DeShone Kizer, but Kizer was a more talented passer - could vary trajectory, etc..

It would be the quarterback version of drafting Charles Harris, although Eason provides a big play once in a while

Don't you think Jacksonville knows that? What makes you think Jacksonville would want to move up and pi*s away valuable draft capital?
I see your point, but if they feel Tua or Hebert is their future then they may want to pull the trigger. As we have seen in the past not all decisions are smart ones in the draft. Hell people want the Dolphins to give up future assets to draft Burrow or Tua.

If no Tua or Burrow don't waste a 1st on QB. Take Simmons or Brown at #5.

Eason in the 3rd round wouldn't be a terrible pick under that context.
I tend to agree except I say draft Jalen Hurst. JH probably has the best ever resume coming out of college. 3 National Championship games, and 1 Semi final game. You just gotta have some good upside to be able to accomplish that don't you?

Eason is my favourite developmental QB in this draft. He has the strongest arm and the quickest release (measurables). He's raw because he had to transfer.

Stand fast in the draft, then trade down if we can find a buyer. Draft Eason in the second and take a TRUE gamble on greatness.

Back
Top Bottom