Miami Dolphins Rebuild? Here’s A Plan For An Aggressive Tear-down To Start | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Rebuild? Here’s A Plan For An Aggressive Tear-down To Start

That’s going to be too expensive. The Dolphins can draft a starting right tackle of James’s caliber and pay much less in the exchange

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando
salguero/article225952960.html#storylink=cpy.

Really? Not so sure about that. Im already on record that I would move R Jones or release. I don’t think all those players he lists will all be gone. Lets get ride of the rest of the little we have already of the D line and ol and your signing or drafting all these replacements? Nah.

Love it. Tank & I buy season tickets again.

Wish the Heat would embrace tanking with its roster full of mediocre role players in a star driven league.

What nucleus?

There is not 1single unit that I consider solid. We have above average OTs, and some pieces in the secondary (for now).

I'm as optimistic as the next guy, but I think some ppl have blinders on. To say we have a good nucleus flies in the face of the need to rebuild.

I didnt say any particular unit was solid. Every unit needs at least 1 or 2 players too put them towards a good playing group. Injuries destroyed 2018. losing vincent taylor againt Houston hurt us for the rest of the year. Stitton and Kilgore early hurt the Oline. Wilson after week 7 hurt our WR group cause Parker was a non entity again, Ballage showed that he could be decent, Drake was good but inconsistant, our DB were spoytty, and we need another shut down corner and a true FS.

Tearing down the coaching staff and turning a few players over in the off season will help, but up until week 15, we were still in the playoff hunt. Its not as bad as what the media and some area saying.

I'm not trading Xavier Howard... He is what you are looking for in the draft.
I understand what you are saying, however if you need to trade him to put you in a place where you have the picks to trade up and get your future QB. With no QB to lead this team, Howard and the defense could find themselves on the field a lot of minutes for the next few years if it takes that long.

This is pretty much what I expect to happen And I think it won’t be anymore painful than staying the course.
Whole reason why Cutler signing in '17 was one of the main nails in the coffin for Gase. Like, it's just one big sh*t show. We've never been contenders for decades. Blow it up is really the only option. Alone at sea with no wind, no compass, no destination in sight.

I didnt say any particular unit was solid. Every unit needs at least 1 or 2 players too put them towards a good playing group. Injuries destroyed 2018. losing vincent taylor againt Houston hurt us for the rest of the year. Stitton and Kilgore early hurt the Oline. Wilson after week 7 hurt our WR group cause Parker was a non entity again, Ballage showed that he could be decent, Drake was good but inconsistant, our DB were spoytty, and we need another shut down corner and a true FS.

Tearing down the coaching staff and turning a few players over in the off season will help, but up until week 15, we were still in the playoff hunt. Its not as bad as what the media and some area saying.
"In the playoff hunt" is not good enough. That just means you are, at best, a third tier team.

We were not "close" to the top teams. Its a huge step from where we are to being a perennial contender.

Can't believe I'm saying this but i agree with everything he said and would do exactly the same thing including trading Howard.
The only way I'd even consider trading Howard, is if that's what it would take to deal up for a franchise qb like Tua. Have to be careful with those types of trades. The Raiders can take pass rushers in the first round for five straight years and never find a Mack there.

For now. Once we start losing games we will lose fans being on board with it. Human nature. How many times do we see guys predicting 7-9, 6-10 or 8-8 who fall apart during losses that are leading us to their predicted, expected record. Expectations will be low but folks on here will turn on Flores before the end of 19 even though we know what’s coming.
I hope not.
Tear down does not include Denney.

if this guy doesn't go into the hall...Gotta be close to 40...

"In the playoff hunt" is not good enough. That just means you are, at best, a third tier team.

We were not "close" to the top teams. Its a huge step from where we are to being a perennial contender.

I'm not going to argue Miami is a good team. I WILL disagree with 'not close' (depending on the definition). Given Gase/Burke/injuries, Miami has been 'close.' The problem has been getting out of 'close' and into 'we're there.' I get dumping bad contracts and bad players. I get accumulating cap and picks for '20. Nonetheless, I don't see a 'tank' in its purest sense.

I am sorry but I do not believe his ***! Why would Flores ruin himself? He came here to win games to possibly turn us around. He did not come here to be a ****ing puppet! That's BS! Sure, their will be changes but this Dolphins fan of 37 years+ is not content to being a 3-13 or less team I ****ing hated it when we went 1-15! Whatever the roster we put out in 2019 we should play ****ing hard and play to win the ****ing game! ENOUGH! Whatever our results are we take it! Tanking is not the answer. Grier needs to understand that. Piss Poor Mr. Ross is a ****ing a moron! Sell the God**** team an move on. Until that happens or he dies they will never be a perennial winning franchise!

Mando saving us 56M by getting rid of everyone its not going to happen. We have too many holes to fill then you get rid of the players in those holes. Makes no sense. Give Coach Flores a chance to win games if he fails he fails. But, to say I am a puppet just go lose as many as you can is insane no one will want to do that. NO ONE! Stop the insanity!

I'm not going to argue Miami is a good team. I WILL disagree with 'not close' (depending on the definition). Given Gase/Burke/injuries, Miami has been 'close.' The problem has been getting out of 'close' and into 'we're there.' I get dumping bad contracts and bad players. I get accumulating cap and picks for '20. Nonetheless, I don't see a 'tank' in its purest sense.
"Tanking" is just a buzzword with nebulous meaning. I try to stay out of that hissing contest.

I prefer to think of it as a multi year plan, that by circumstantial necessity, means going with a sub par QB next season.

I am sorry but I do not believe his ***! Why would Flores ruin himself? He came here to win games to possibly turn us around. He did not come here to be a ****ing puppet! That's BS! Sure, their will be changes but this Dolphins fan of 37 years+ is not content to being a 3-13 or less team I ****ing hated it when we went 1-15! Whatever the roster we put out in 2019 we should play ****ing hard and play to win the ****ing game! ENOUGH! Whatever our results are we take it! Tanking is not the answer. Grier needs to understand that. Piss Poor Mr. Ross is a ****ing a moron! Sell the God**** team an move on. Until that happens or he dies they will never be a perennial winning franchise!

Mando saving us 56M by getting rid of everyone its not going to happen. We have too many holes to fill then you get rid of the players in those holes. Makes no sense. Give Coach Flores a chance to win games if he fails he fails. But, to say I am a puppet just go lose as many as you can is insane no one will want to do that. NO ONE! Stop the insanity!

Agree, kinda. A few of us think 'tank' means 20-25 new faces. That's realistic. I agree with you on filling holes. Let's say Flores replaces 20 of 30 starters (including packages). No way can those be replaced in 1,2,3 draft, even with a couple of FAs a year. No team hits on 4-5 starters in a draft 3 years in a row. I do think a significant number of players will be replaced. I think an effort will be made to clear cap. "Tank,' rebuild,' 'reset,' . . . don't care what it's called. Some names people want gone will remain. That's realistic.

Personally, I'd like a thread on who FA thinks will be on the team in Sept. Not who they WANT gone, but who they think will be on the team. Entirely different things.

whole thing flips upside down if they turn in a qb card with that top pick in 19. whole thing

Back
Top Bottom