Miami Dolphins Rebuild? Here’s A Plan For An Aggressive Tear-down To Start | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Rebuild? Here’s A Plan For An Aggressive Tear-down To Start

Love it. Tank & I buy season tickets again.

Wish the Heat would embrace tanking with its roster full of mediocre role players in a star driven league.

I haven't paid any attention to the Heat since it went on that phony run to end the season 2 years ago. That's the worst thing that can happen, a Crowd team overachieving to ridiculous degree and signing mediocre players to huge contracts. Basketball is even worse than football in terms of near-parity in salary for players who are light years apart in ability and influence.

But Pat Riley has never really believed in the draft anyway. The Heat live or dawdle based on how he manipulates free agency and trades.

Regarding the Dolphins, by far the most likely course of events is an attempted tank that is not fully successful, and then we go back to middle of the pack again. I am understanding and prepared for that, since it a superior course of action than our recent adjustments and rationalizations. But it would to plenty of, "What the heck was that for?,"around here.

I haven't paid any attention to the Heat since it went on that phony run to end the season 2 years ago. That's the worst thing that can happen, a Crowd team overachieving to ridiculous degree and signing mediocre players to huge contracts. Basketball is even worse than football in terms of near-parity in salary for players who are light years apart in ability and influence.

But Pat Riley has never really believed in the draft anyway. The Heat live or dawdle based on how he manipulates free agency and trades.

Regarding the Dolphins, by far the most likely course of events is an attempted tank that is not fully successful, and then we go back to middle of the pack again. I am understanding and prepared for that, since it a superior course of action than our recent adjustments and rationalizations. But it would to plenty of, "What the heck was that for?,"around here.

Unfortunately I agree, I've been saying something similar for weeks. We are in and have been in the easiest bucket for an NFL team to be in (between 5-11 and 9-7) . It's hard to get into the other 2 (really good/really bad). If our coaching staff is worth it's weight in salt, our QB isn't giving games away (ie aggressive offensive plan with a ham and egger QB) and the wheels don't come off on the injury front going 0-16 -4-12 will be very tough. We should stock pile picks as ammo so we can go either way (high pick organically or trade up).

I would not trade Howard unless it was for an expected top 10 1st rounder next year. I am prob signing James as well. We are going to have plenty of money after these cuts are made, who else are you going to spend it on?

Does anyone know what the cap floor is? I believe we have to spend a certain amount anyway, so why not get rid of the dead weight and actually keep players we drafted and developed?

I am of the opinion that unless the team *actively attempts to lose games*, this is going to be an amusingly frustrating attempt at a tank. I think there was underutilized talent on this team, in addition to injuries. Short of starting Falk for 16 games, I suspect the team will have to trade up to draft Tua in 2020, if that is the plan.

:lol:

Amazing how many posters were staunchly against the idea of tanking, but now that the Dolphins seem to be commited to it, most posters are on board. Good stuff.

Because tanking is not the right word.

Tankers, it's called rebuilding in-where we are essentially going to struggle.

But, say this, we make the playoffs next year on an against Pats type miracle. But, we get murdered- murdered- in the playoffs. We are tanking the following year for better picks or are we continuing to rebuild?

We are not tanking. Wrong word. Negative word. You think Ross WANTS to go 3-13 no matter how many years realistically we need of draft talent?

Huge Sixers fan here, and I could not agree more. "The Process" was a fairly polarizing thing for a bit; basketball "purists" despised it, and criticized it to no end when it was announced. My question to them was, "How well did the purist approach work for the Sixers for a freaking decade before that?" They had two winning seasons in a decade. They won ONE playoff series. They tried to build around Andre Igoudala, for Pete's sake. Then they bit the bullet for three years. Now they're one of the most fun and talented teams in the league.

Acquiring draft assets works.

For now. Once we start losing games we will lose fans being on board with it. Human nature. How many times do we see guys predicting 7-9, 6-10 or 8-8 who fall apart during losses that are leading us to their predicted, expected record. Expectations will be low but folks on here will turn on Flores before the end of 19 even though we know what’s coming.

Only certain folks will turn on him. Mainly those who will remain Tannehill and Gase fanboys.

Anyways, Ross couldn't have been more clear, and those expecting playoffs next year or a run to the Super Bowl are living in a land of delusions. But hey, that's how some people survive.

You think Ross WANTS to go 3-13 no matter how many years realistically we need of draft talent?

Yes, because he is a clown who hired another clown to run the clown show. They live in lala land. They know nothing about competing. They do not want to compete. They don't understand it, they are fkn secretaries filling out fantasy tickets.

Only certain folks will turn on him. Mainly those who will remain Tannehill and Gase fanboys.

Anyways, Ross couldn't have been more clear, and those expecting playoffs next year or a run to the Super Bowl are living in a land of delusions. But hey, that's how some people survive.

Some will fall apart if we don't get their QB this offseason. For instance if we don't get Murray and he has a god rookie season there will be posters who will never let the site hear the end of the fact that we should have done whatever it took ton draft him.

Yes, because he is a clown who hired another clown to run the clown show. They live in lala land. They know nothing about competing. They do not want to compete. They don't understand it, they are fkn secretaries filling out fantasy tickets.
Well, I guess you have a couple of options.

Become a fan of a different team that you respect, or buy the team, and run it however you see fit.

If the current situation causes you anger, and pain, maybe you should step away. Its not good for your health.

Some will fall apart if we don't get their QB this offseason. For instance if we don't get Murray and he has a god rookie season there will be posters who will never let the site hear the end of the fact that we should have done whatever it took ton draft him.

Which is why we need a draft day thread. Start before the draft. Should Miami trade up? If so, for who and at what cost.
when Miami's on the clock R1, who should they pick.
when Miami's on the clock R2, who should they pick.
Of course that gets tougher day 3. Nonetheless, have people lock in their choice in real time. No more 'should have picked' in November.

Well, I guess you have a couple of options.

Become a fan of a different team that you respect, or buy the team, and run it however you see fit.

If the current situation causes you anger, and pain, maybe you should step away. Its not good for your health.

Agree. Ross will likely die as owner, good or bad. It's like complaining about the cold in the arctic. Move or accept it. I'm not as down on those 'sell the team' people. They're frustrated as all of us are. Just more emotional. Just a little more unrealistic.

Nothing matter except the qb.. tank or not if you dont draft the ignt qb it was all for not..
Lets say we kept gase. I think your still dumping around 30mil in cap..
The cap room is going to be there anyway just get the right qb..
Trade whatever it takes to get him...
dont feed me crap about tanking fo a qb when you have no idea how any of it will turn out if you ever see the qb your team needs, trade everything until you get him than start over

If we trade Howard, Flores's moves from a blank slate with me to possible coke-induced, poppy-eyed new hire in the AFC East...with a bit more melanin than the first possible coke-induced poppy-eyed new hire in the AFC East.

A bird in the hand...

I could see being angry if we pass on him and he continues succeeding as he has at every other level, but not trading up is a different thing. Too many variables with that. Is anybody even willing to trade down? If so, for how much? Is there another team we're getting into a bidding war with? No sense in getting upset about that (though I'm sure some will).

Back
Top Bottom