Miami Dolphins Rebuild? Here’s A Plan For An Aggressive Tear-down To Start | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Rebuild? Here’s A Plan For An Aggressive Tear-down To Start

Let what go? I'm quite excited for a new start. He and Davie have literally wasted my time and YOURS in a feeble attempt at excellence these past 7 years. I also thought we were stuck with him until 2020. So his departure is something I'm truly grateful for in 2019.

But the fanboys, like you, have been a constant eye sore for 7 years. Maybe it's time you let it go?

In what might be a startling revelation to you, but probably not anyone else:

Tannehill wasn’t mentioned in this thread until you brought him up. Not even once. Congratulations on dirtying up the thread, calling out people for no good reason, and causing the issue.

Again.

You telling anyone else to let go of Tannehill issues at this point is pure hypocrisy.

The dolphins covets are not bare, you will see once y'all get your minds out of this rebuild and tear down Stuff.

One advantage he has, is that there are almost zero expectations for next year. After that, I want to see, at the very minimum, an ascending defense, and a consistent running attack.

You have to crawl before you walk.

You have to execute basic, fundamental football plays before you move to exotic schemes.

How quickly can Flores, and the gang teach? That is the question.

This is the thing that excites me most about Flores and the coaching staff that he's assembling. We may finally have a competent and throughout teaching aspect to this organization.
Teams like NE, while talented, aren't more talented(QB ofcourse) than most other NFL teams.

However, they are extremely well coached. Moreso, than most NFL rosters.

Keep in mind, it's not what you want the team to look like next year, or even the year after, but who will be a contributor 3-5 years down the road.

I'm curious how Grier approaches this rebuild.

This is the thing that excites me most about Flores and the coaching staff that he's assembling. We may finally have a competent and throughout teaching aspect to this organization.
Teams like NE, while talented, aren't more talented(QB ofcourse) than most other NFL teams.

Amen @ANUFan and @Mach2 … amen. If these guys can tear this down, get an elite QB prospect as a foundation then build the team around them and teach everyone how to be good, this can definitely work.

Belichick's mantra is "do your job" and IMHO that is because if the cogs are all in motion, he is the mastermind to orchestrate the wins. This has lead to the former Patriots assistants not being successful away from Belichick. But, Flores is doing something different, he has built a staff of guys that pulls a LOT of those cogs together, and he is bringing in a collection of talent that includes some strong veterans--like Dom Capers if he joins. So at the end of the day, there are a lot of people he knows will be on the same page when they do their jobs. There will be people with the experience to see the problems before and as they form, not just after the damage begins. His coaching staff is focusing on the fundamentals, which is ideal for teaching a bunch of young players. This can work.

They can keep Howard and still have $50 million in cap space. The cap is rising $13 million just this year which would pretty much cover his salary. The only reason I move him is for a huge return that helps get the future QB.

They can keep Howard and still have $50 million in cap space. The cap is rising $13 million just this year which would pretty much cover his salary. The only reason I move him is for a huge return that helps get the future QB.
I dislike letting good players go as well, but it wouldn't suppress my enthusiasm.

While X has had 1 very good 3/4 of a season, he isn't in line for top corner $ IMO (yet). If we are going to move him, the time is now.

A likely top half rd 1 pick is my asking price. That is really the only leverage that can move a team to the top of the draft.

It's risky, but "no guts, no glory", right?

Its simple. If a team is willing to give you a 1st for Howard, you grab it. You use that to trade down for a 2020 first, and you pick up some extra draft capital this year. You use every single thing to your advantage. Our best chip?

It isn't Howard.
It isn't Tunsil.

Its our ability to wait. We have an owner who understands, a GM and a coach with guarantees they are going to stick around. They can ACTUALLY do a 3-5 year plan, which teams like Belichick and more recently, the Browns. We use that. We do what we can to increase the value of our draft capital because THAT is what is providing our important cog, the QB.

You turn that 2019 First for Howard into a 2020 1 and a 2019 3rd or something along those lines. Price is technically lower than what you usually hear, but this draft is absolutely loaded in several key positions Miami is looking for, especially in the top 100 picks. I see starting quality D linemen going in the 3rd, I truly do

That's how you trade Howard.

Yes, but what about the cupboards?
Neither the "covets", nor the cupboards are bare, but there arent any six course meals hiding there either.

To keep the analogy going, our next two trips to the market (draft), need to restock the shelves so we have some choices when preparing the meals.

There is also a budget to work within (salary cap), so just filling the cart with T-bones, and fillets is not an option. You would end up starving down the road.

There are some promising young guys, but we need to hit on some draft picks, and make better FA moves in the future.

I'm not sure about Howard; I guess it all depends on if he can sustain his level of play and if he'll be a "team-first" guy and not want too much. But, they can save a lot of money by replacing RT James with a cheaper draft pick. James is inconsistent, misses games, and is nothing special. I'd prefer a meaner, stronger, old-school type player.

True but keep in mind the nothing less of genius gameplans/schemes.

What Belicheat threw at LA, to me, solidified him as the best ever or I've ever seen. I throw up in my mouth when I say that but man, the guy is the supervillain that never loses with mutant powers unsurpassed.

He's done it twice to Rams. Remember the greatest show on turf?

True but keep in mind the nothing less of genius gameplans/schemes.

What Belicheat threw at LA, to me, solidified him as the best ever or I've ever seen. I throw up in my mouth when I say that but man, the guy is the supervillain that never loses with mutant powers unsurpassed.

He's done it twice to Rams. Remember the greatest show on turf?

Absolutely! You can't throw that game plan out there and switch it up nearly every week without having great coaching and teaching in place.

NE, for a long time, have had the best of all worlds. Coaching/Teaching/Scheming.

weather you tank or not tank. if N.E is still winning DIV every yr. it doesn't help dolphins to tank. we are already 2nd best team in div for now..

Back
Top Bottom