Miami Dolphins Rebuild? Here’s A Plan For An Aggressive Tear-down To Start | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Rebuild? Here’s A Plan For An Aggressive Tear-down To Start

Let what go? I'm quite excited for a new start. He and Davie have literally wasted my time and YOURS in a feeble attempt at excellence these past 7 years. I also thought we were stuck with him until 2020. So his departure is something I'm truly grateful for in 2019.

But the fanboys, like you, have been a constant eye sore for 7 years. Maybe it's time you let it go?
I’m not the one bringing Tannehill up in every single post...that would be you. It was old when you joined this site, and it isn’t getting any fresher.

As the game becomes more pass-oriented each year, it becomes harder and harder to let elite CB's go. Our last good CB was Vontae Davis, a 1st round draft pick we drafted instead of the pass rusher I wanted us to draft (Clay Matthews). While Davis eventually became a good CB, it wasn't with us. He was always lazy with us, and only after we gave up and traded him for a 2nd round pick did he blossom. The sting of getting traded and being filmed on Hard Knocks being emotional about it was the kick in the rear he needed to start reaching his potential.

The last elite CB's we had were Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain. We lost Surtain as well. Once upon a time we had another good CB in Troy Vincent … who we let go as well. But today CB's are too vital to let go. If we look at the heyday Seattle Seahawks, that's the team we need to emulate. They had an elite FS in Earl Thomas, an elite CB1 in Sherman, a big strong thumping SS in Cam Chancellor, and a ferocious pass rush to allow those DB's to clamp down on the short stuff. We have the FS (Fitzpatrick), CB1 (Howard) and thumping SS (Jones or McDonald) to make that work, but we lack the pass rush. IMHO, we need to hold on to our CB1, Xavien Howard. Finding another one probably isn't going to happen for a long time, regardless of what round we draft him in. Elite prospects are worth their weight in gold, but elite players at high value positions are worth their weight in diamonds.

Back
Top Bottom