Miami Dolphins: Redheaded stepchild of sports media | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: Redheaded stepchild of sports media

ChambersNBoston

Dan Marino is a God
Reaction score
This could just be me but I feel that we (Dolphins) are not getting enough attention...it could be because of Saban...but it doesn't mean they can't talk about us a little bit more...NFL Network for example, they have different players, coachs, and assistant coachs come on the show and talk about the team or the draft...I don't know...I'm probably just frustrated that i dont hear enough about the team or see any damn highlights...someone from another post asked about the monday night game vs PATS and if its been on NFL Network's "Game of the Week"...I was pretty damn sure that after that game it would be on GOTW. But naw they showed one of many Eagle's GOTWs...which I hated because our game was on MNF vs the Superbowl Champs. The Phins are always NEGLECTED.

4th and Goal for 21 yards...TOUCHDOWN Derrius Thompson!...with seconds remaining in the game...wish you could see that again dont you. but nope we're hated. about that 4 and 12 remark...not asking for alot here buddy just some recognition and proof that there still is a Miami team in florida. Thats all.

cnc66 said:
four and twelve ..... we don't deserve squat until we earn it

This team by virtue of their history has earned a lot more than squat. Last years record was an aberrancy for this proud franchise. They are the winningest organization since 1970. You can count on one hand the number of losing seasons this team has had since their expansion year. We are not talking about the (St. Louis/Arizona) Cardinals or New Orleans Saints here.

ChambersNBoston said:
4th and Goal for 21 yards...TOUCHDOWN Derrius Thompson!...with seconds remaining in the game...wish you could see that again dont you. but nope we're hated. about that 4 and 12 remark...not asking for alot here buddy just some recognition and proof that there still is a Miami team in florida. Thats all.

It's just one play in a meaninless game to everybody in the country but us. Yes, I think it MIGHT have been the biggest win of this decade for us so far, but it really doesn't mean anything. We still went 4-12. It's the first time in 15? years that the Dolphins have had a losing record. It's just one season and if the Dolphins want some recognition, they will just have to go out and get some.
Since I have the game on dvd, I can watch it anytime I'd like.

Thank you very much JLfin and PHINPHOURLIPHE glad someone else noticed it too.

good to be under the radar then we can shock people this year.

IMO not being spoken about is the best thing for teh Phins this year as people will underestimate us and if we are good then they are in for a shock :)

Roll on Sept and the season opener

ChambersNBoston said:

We notice it because we have been lifelong fans and we have a true passion for this team. I have been watching this team for over 30 years. Historically, they have been one of the classiest organizations in professional sports (mostly due to Shula).
It is the history of success that breeds so much disdain and resentment from Bills, Jets and Pats fans. They understand (grudgingly) that the Dolphins are the marquee team in the AFC East. If you ask all their fans who their biggest rival is, they will overwhelmingly say the Dolphins. When you think NFC East, you think Cowboys, AFC Central -Steelers, AFC West- Raiders. All tradition rich teams with a history of excellence. The Dolphins ARE the AFC East. One lousy coaching tenure cannot erase who the Dolphins are.

ChambersNBoston said:

I'd love to see the Dolphins on "Sports Center" or more on the "NFL Network", but the fact is nobody cares about a 4-12 team. History has nothing to do with this. Maybe with the new coaching staff it might happen, but don't forget, coach Saban hasn't won any games YET. Give it time and we'll see.

It is not just the NFL network that ignores us....do you ever study ESPN's coverage of the Phins? Chris Berman is a Bills and Pat's lover....I think ESPN shows the Pats not just because they are the SB champs, but also because they are in the New England area.....ESPN is also the biggest Boston Red Sox homer. The only info you hear regarding Miami is when there is bad news like Ricky using weed.

I taped that game !!!!!! Just to record it. Turns out pre-recording games is good luck because the only other game I taped was the Thanksgiving one. Two of my favorites!!

AirChambers84 said:
I taped that game !!!!!! Just to record it. Turns out pre-recording games is good luck because the only other game I taped was the Thanksgiving one. Two of my favorites!!

Two good ones to have.:)

Back
Top Bottom