[Miami Dolphins Rewind] A look at past drafts. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[Miami Dolphins Rewind] A look at past drafts.

Sad to say this but Nick Saban did a better job in two years than the dolphins ever did before that.

Note: Jason Allen is a projected starter for us, toledo will be our left guard, Crowder starts for us, Ronnie Brown starts for us, alabi is improving and might end up next year as our starting left tackle, Matt roth is a monster that will start opposite of JT, Daniels will be one of our top 3 corners in the long run. Hopefully we will have an improved hagan projected as our third receiver coming in the season.

Saban leaves us with two strong drafts in 2005 and 2006. Did you know that?

If there is one thing about Nick Saban is that while he was here for these two years you would come to appreciate his nag for talent as an evaluator. We practically will have most of those players as starters from the 2005 draft and 2006 draft.

2005 Draft

Ronnie Brown is our starter at RB, Crowder is our starter at LB, Matt Roth is a projected starter this season, Travis Daniels is a quality Starter for us as well. Alabi might be shaping up to be our starting Left Tackle next Season. Kevin Vickerson will be stepping in as our older tackles retire in the next couple of seasons.

2006 Draft

Jason Allen will be projected as a starter. Derek Hagan will be stepping up as a third receiver this season. Joe Toledo will be expected to start at left guard this season. Fred Evans and Wright are also young tackles waiting in line until these old men retire.

While the 2006 draft was not as good as the 2005 draft, the thing that you can find on both of these drafts is that most of these players were capable of starting from day one.

Our days with Wanny were horrible as you can take a look at all those picks that were released and never started. This will easily ruin your franchise but Saban got us back in track.

Manny also left because of Saban, supposedly Allen was in Saban's doghouse and was going to be gone this year had Saban stayed.

Lets look...

Ronnie was handed the job, who else was there.
Crowder is a good player
Roth is a good player, great I dont know.
Daniels due to injury didnt do much last year, keeping Capers should help him.

Allen-not sure about that pick yet.
Hagan-maybe third reciever, yet to be seen.
Toledo- not sure yet
Wright - no idea where he sits on the depth chart yet.

Saban did draft decent while he was here, I will give him that. But he also didnt do anything that he planned on doing when he got here. Our offense needed youth and playmakers. He didnt add any besides Ronnie. He also just added a few vets to the Defense, he did add a few solid D guys through the draft but thats it. I wouldnt say he helped this team out for the future though, that is for sure. Our offense is just as bad, and our defense is as good as it was. Not to mention we still dont have a future qb. His still isnt healthy and cost us a 2nd round pick, and a 5th went to Harrington who isnt even on our roster now. Saban didnt do much for the development of this team I will say that much again.

4 running backs so early in 98 and 99. wow forgot how hard they tried to get Marino a running back. I really liked Cecil until he screwd up with the law.

Sad to say this but Nick Saban did a better job in two years than the dolphins ever did before that.

Note: Jason Allen is a projected starter for us, toledo will be our left guard, Crowder starts for us, Ronnie Brown starts for us, alabi is improving and might end up next year as our starting left tackle, Matt roth is a monster that will start opposite of JT, Daniels will be one of our top 3 corners in the long run. Hopefully we will have an improved hagan projected as our third receiver coming in the season.

JT, Madison and Ed Perry in 97 was a great draft if you ask me.

Allen-nowhere near madison as of yet, actually hasnt proven anything.
Toledo-proved nothing yet in the nfl on gameday.
Crowder-he is good but isnt elite by any means, not yet at least. just solid
Ronnie-started for us because of default.
alabi-they have been saying he has been improving for a while.
matt roth-looks good, but still hasnt proven much.
Daniels-was a solid pick, looks good so far. nowhere near madison skills
Hagan-is my boy, but none the less he is still just a third, might not even be that this year who knows with the new regime.

So, I would hold off before I make assessments like that.

JT and Madison and Perry I believe were pro bowlers for a few years, none of those guys have even smelled it yet.

Hagan-is my boy, but none the less he is still just a third, might not even be that this year who knows with the new regime.

JT and Madison and Perry I believe were pro bowlers for a few years, none of those guys have even smelled it yet.

Most of the people that I have named are expected to start this season for a reason. For all we know alabi will be step up if Rodenthal falls.

what happened in 1997? how did you guys get so many third round picks?

outside of jimmys 2 cornerback picks he didn't do such a good job. Saban did have the best draft's from all the coaches. Which is sad since they don't seem amazing at least not yet and he should be having good drafts because he just came out of college and knew who the players were.

Most of the people that I have named are expected to start this season for a reason. For all we know alabi will be step up if Rodenthal falls.

Im just saying lets what to see. From Sabans draft we have a lot of lets see's who havnt sniffed a pro bowl yet. Alot of 2-3 year project guys as well. We will all wait and see how many of those guys you mentioned actually produce like your making them out to. Jimmy drafted a few players that went to multiple pro bowls. I wouldnt put Saban's class there just yet. It looks solid so far though. They might start your right.

Man that was painful to read, a lot of horrible draft picks.

I would love to see a comparison of NE, Buffalo or NYJ to see how many of their draft picks are starters.

Back
Top Bottom