Miami Dolphins Rookie Christian Wilkins: ‘hurt My Soul’ To Spend $100 On Veteran Snacks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Rookie Christian Wilkins: ‘hurt My Soul’ To Spend $100 On Veteran Snacks

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
AR-190728022.jpg

Wilkins was required — a harmless form of 2019 rookie hazing — to pick up snacks for the veteran defensive linemen both in the spring, and before training camp.

“Yeah, you all know I’m cheap,” Wilkins said. “I’m thrifty as it is, so that kind of hurt my soul a little bit to buy $100 something dollars worth of snacks. No coupon, but Costco. I love Costco. That’s always a good route to go. A little cheaper and buying in bulk, so the next time the guys need snacks, you’ve got plenty of them. That’s a good way to go. Shout out to Costco.”

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...s-hurt-my-soul-to-spend-100-on-veteran-snacks

I’m kinda ready To hear about him making plays on the field... not a criticism of course because it’s day two..but I wanna hear about you acting like a crazed dog preferably.:)

I found the quote amusing like he was trying to be funny.

As someone who is also obnoxiously frugal, I can tell you it’s half hyperbole, half soul-ache. The pain is real people!

I think it’s a good trait to have to an extent and hope he’s smart with his money, and hope if he chooses to invest and whatnot he does it with people he can trust so he doesn’t get swindled a la Jared Odrick.

Anyone who reads this and interprets this excerpt as negative, I dunno what to say. Im gonna assume the majority on here reads this response as one coming from a smart athlete in my assumption who appreciates his salary, and is candidly talking about how he found a way to get the job done as a rookie more efficiently and cheaper. Its either that, or just a sarcastic charismatic comment. FACTS!!!!! lol then they put his face up there like he's crying over 100 dollars lol, its just hot outside.

Love that he's not going to squander his money. Love that he realizes there is no glory in a "rich" persona. Love that he's comfortable and confident enough in his own skin to be self-deprecating. Some people you just want to root for more than their ability merits. He's one of those guys. I really like that the Dolphins have some people who I really enjoy cheering. Hope he can teach his teammates to build a life with the money they make in football. Kudos to you Christian.

Talk about missing the ****ing point.

It's about him being responsible with his money and not falling into the trap of being broke when he finally hangs up his cleats for good.

Dude, too subtle for coarse minds!

:)

This franchise needs more characters and personalities. These people tend to lead.

Back
Top Bottom