Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins

One qb was looking off safeties in a National Championship game as a true freshman, he's not good enough and will suck in the pros.

The other just learned to ID a mike last week, and he's hyped around here and has the goods worth developing.

I mean.

One qb was looking off safeties in a National Championship game as a true freshman, he's not good enough and will suck in the pros.

The other just learned to ID a mike last week, and he's hyped around here and has the goods worth developing.

I mean.

Oh 2nd and 26 :shame:

Miami the city and environment is a creature all its own, if guys are having trouble in Logan Utah wtf do you think will happen when model after musical superstar after actress etc is in their face every day. Not only does the QB need to be very talented they need to be super mature and able to cancel out the noise and make good decisions in all aspects of life.

I cant speak to Herbert as he is just more of an introverted guy, but Tua and Burrow are home runs in that maturity and both fit into coach Flo's culture and style of play. Since Burrow will be a Bengal Tua has to be your target. Want to have your franchise go from mediocrity to top flight you have to have a good CEO (Flo) and great COO (QB), if those two are in place and your QB can win in spite of talent around them ala Wilson, Mahomes, Brees then if you Gm is at least competent you will be super bowl contenders every year.

This right here is probably the worst hot take on Tua i have read. Sure knock him for his injury history but everything you just listed as his negatives are the things scouts, GMs, and pundits rave about him. You obviously haven't watched him play if that's your hot take of the kid.

I have my opinion, you have yours. If we draft Tua, I hope your right. It is clear that Tua improved over this season, but I still have some doubts. Maybe it was the way the offense was designed and not him, but I feel he can improve there. We will see. To his desire to play, he clearly declared for the draft only due to injury. He wanted to go back to Alabama this season. He has a controlling family, does his Dad want the NFL or does Tua? The injury history speaks for itself.

It is funny to me how overprotective Tua fans are. They see him as a savior and just cannot handle any questioning of his skill set, even going so far as to think that the hip injury will have zero impact on him. They even have to resort to bashing Burrows because he threatens Tua's pos as the best college QB out there. It is unhealthy. At least try to be a bit objective. In the end, all our opinions have zero influence anyway. The Dolphins will do what they want and time will reveal the truth.

Here is denial for you... ... hold tight you might get lost

He was jettisoned - sent to the woods - Sent packing - he was the one who was healthy and had beats the Pats more than anyone - kicked to the curb - just because he turned it around in your eyes doesn’t mean that this franchise QB In your eyes wasn’t rejected by this FO and will never be brought up by this franchise‘S fanbase in 10 years unless it is a punch line

Is that fair probably not because I like the man - is he a franchise QB? You have low standards
Rejection by the Dolphins is your barometer for whether or not a player is worthy? Jay Ajayi and Damien Williams would like to tell you how much they are enjoying their Super Bowl rings. Get real.

Hilarious quip given that this year's Super Bowl champions dealt with this same exact thing when they were trying to land Mahomes in the draft.

Any more untrue one liners ya got?

You are worried that NE is going to move up to the 2 spot to take Tua. That is irrational fear, which is why you are ok with trading away the draft for a badly injured player. This is called reaching, which also doesn't typically end well for the person making the reach.

It's clear that the emphasis of your position is Tua and that you don't trust his health, and thus don't want to give up resources for him. That's fine. I disagree.

But let it be clear...there is no complete team, there is no sustained success without a top QB.

I'm not against drafting Tua. I am just against trading up for him. I wonder how the Ravens had such great success all these years? I guess Flaco really was a top 10 QB overall?

I'm not against drafting Tua. I am just against trading up for him. I wonder how the Ravens had such great success all these years? I guess Flaco really was a top 10 QB overall?

The fact that you have to use exceptions to try and make a case should tell you enough but keep living with your head in the sand.

Meanwhile the chiefs, packers, saints, patriots, texans, seahawks, and eagles will have the same "success" year in year out because they have their QB.

beg shoot steal i don't really care as long as we acquire our QB. I believe Tua is that guy. I have before his injury and I still do now, so...i guess that's it

Rejection by the Dolphins is your barometer for whether or not a player is worthy? Jay Ajayi and Damien Williams would like to tell you how much they are enjoying their Super Bowl rings. Get real.
The very fact that you would use those two as examples for QB the most important position on the team tells me you are out to lunch

Some rumblings bears are considering offering Redskins Khalil Mack for the 2nd pick

Why would they do that when they could take a younger and cheaper Chase Young? I knew there’d be some dark horse teams for Tua, but Chicago has the least to offer of any team in the league right now.

I saw the tweet about the Bears/Redskin trade but I think the Bears take a 32M cap hit to move him. The Redskins would take him on a big contract (17M per year plus roster bonuses of 5M) when they could get Young for MUCH cheaper.

It would be stupid for a team with so many needs to take on a deal like that. If they were smart, they would trade down with Miami and pick up extra picks and walk away with the best OL in the draft and a top WR as well. Maybe more.

Back
Top Bottom