Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins

I hope this doesn't materialize. And I hope we don't touch Tua with a first round pick (I've said many times, I'm ok without taking a QB this year). there is only one QB in college football I have any interest in: Trevor Lawrence. Everyone else is a letdown for me. Burrow is the only QB in this year's class I have any interest in at all. And I still hope Miami doesn't take him either. If Tua plays behind our offensive line, he may be in traction by season's end.

I would be in favor of a trade with Washington if we get their number 1 pick next year:) . I don't like any trade that has us giving up first round picks.

I hope this doesn't materialize. And I hope we don't touch Tua with a first round pick (I've said many times, I'm ok without taking a QB this year). there is only one QB in college football I have any interest in: Trevor Lawrence. Everyone else is a letdown for me. Burrow is the only QB in this year's class I have any interest in at all. And I still hope Miami doesn't take him either. If Tua plays behind our offensive line, he may be in traction by season's end.
Did you watch Lawrence this year? I'm curious as to how you still feel this way.

Did you watch Lawrence this year? I'm curious as to how you still feel this way.

I don't think he's really watched him beyond the flash plays.
T.Lawrence really showed some deficiency in his throws when he was asked to make them against NFL-like talent.
He couldn't rely on the 50/50 jump balls.

I don't care what Lawrence does this year or next. Everything I need to know about Trevor was revealed last year against Alabama on January 7, 2019. He was a true freshman going against the best defense (and many feel the best team) in college football. He was unfazed by the moment. That moxie cannot be coached. Even if he falls off statistically, I would still take him over everybody else. I was a baby when Marino was a senior at Pitt. But I've read hundreds of times since then about how Shula didn't care about Dan's perceived dropoff his senior season (his TD passes dropped by 16 from his junior year. His interception total was the exact same). Many around the NFL who were in a lather about Marino after the 1981 season didn't think nearly as much of him after the 1982 campaign. Shula was not among those. That is exact;y how I feel (and will continue to feel) about Lawrence.

Last edited:
With F/A looming and Rumors of Brady, Bridgewater and Rivers all moving on from their current situations; it's quite possible Miami won't have to trade up from #5. Especially if Brady signs with the Chargers.

I don't think he's really watched him beyond the flash plays.
T.Lawrence really showed some deficiency in his throws when he was asked to make them against NFL-like talent.
He couldn't rely on the 50/50 jump balls.

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't watch college football much. But I do pay attention to Lawrence. He is still young enough and smart enough to work through his physical deficiencies.

As for not watching college football much, I just don't care for the product. I've always preferred professional sports over college. If I want to watch compensated athletes play, I'll watch the game at the highest level (I kid, but I am so jaded with this notion of amateur athletes in college. No program is lilywhite at the Division 1 level. I am not saying every program has widespread corruption through the whole program. But I firmly believe every program is dirty on some level be it from the institution itself or from rogue boosters). That said, I watch enough to have a basis for my opinions. I appreciate the back and forth but to jump to any conclusions about me (when you have never met me) is unappreciated. We are all fans here and we all have thoughts and opinions. No single opinion is more or less important than another (even if it's a wrong opinion :) ).

In the grand scheme of life, this is nothing more than a hobby or getaway for any of us. It has no real importance. But it sure is fun to discuss and argue (in a good natured way).

I'm a Clemson homer and I don't even want him as much as others do..I think they still have his yeet fest 2018 championship in there head..

He's a great prospect, but he's not any better than a Justin Herbert at this time imho..He misses way to many easy passes for my taste.

With F/A looming and Rumors of Brady, Bridgewater and Rivers all moving on from their current situations; it's quite possible Miami won't have to trade up from #5. Especially if Brady signs with the Chargers.

We are sitting fine at 5, no matter what direction we decide to go. I prefer we we build the offensive line. Actually, I would love to gte Jeudy at WR with one of our picks and use the others to fortify the O-line. Jeudy may not pay off next season, but I do think he will be a playmaker for years to come in the NFL (once we get set at QB). This isn't a short-term rebuild. I feel like taking a QB now is almost a waste. I would rather have more solid pieces in place and add a QB to that mix (as opposed to taking a QB and trying to fit pieces around him). The best chance to win a championship with a QB is usually when he is on his rookie contract (before an extension is made and he chews up a disproportionately large amount of cap space) . After that, it becomes exponentially harder to fit other high-caliber pieces in place.

Last edited:
I'm a Clemson homer and I don't even want him as much as others do..I think they still have his yeet fest 2018 championship in there head..

He's a great prospect, but he's not any better than a Justin Herbert at this time imho..He misses way to many easy passes for my taste.

I understand your concerns about him.

I don't care what Lawrence does this year or next. Everything I need to know about Trevor was revealed last year against Alabama on January 7, 2019. He was a true freshman going against the best defense (and many feel the best team) in college football. He was unfazed by the moment. That moxie cannot be coached. Even if he falls off statistically, I would still take him over everybody else. I was a baby when Marino was a senior at Pitt. But I've read hundreds of times since then about how Shula didn't care about Dan's perceived dropoff his senior season (his TD passes dropped by 16 from his junior year. His interception total was the exact same). Many around the NFL who were in a lather about Marino after the 1981 season didn't think nearly as much of him after the 1982 campaign. Shula was not among those. That is exact;y how I feel (and will continue to feel) about Lawrence.
All I get out of this is that you've seen approximately one Clemson game. I really think you need to re-watch that game so you can remember what ridiculous plays the Clemson WRs were making for Lawrence.

All I get out of this is that you've seen approximately one Clemson game. I really think you need to re-watch that game so you can remember what ridiculous plays the Clemson WRs were making for Lawrence.

That's fine you feel that way. You are also wrong in your assumptions about me. There is no doubt his WR's made some big plays on less than stellar passes. That doesn't mean I waver on my opinion of him (or what I think he will be at the next level).

I'm done with this conversation because it's not worth arguing over. It's obvious we will continue to disagree and I respectfully disagree with you. There is no reason to carry this on any further.

Yep, lets create another hole on the roster and count on the guy that didn't finish his 1st NFL season.
Great plan!

Teams replace vets with younger players or players they think might have more upside all the time, if they didn't what's the point in drafting a rookie? Using your logic why would a team like Detroit move Matt Stafford and replace him with a rookie? Bottom line is if you think you're getting someone with more potential and talent, plus someone who's career arch is going to be inline with your rookie qb you might want to consider it. If you're keeping a pick you would otherwise have to include in the trade to move up and you're getting a unique talent at wr I don't see the big deal. Plus I never said they should or shouldn't make the move, just asking for feedback. A simple "I wouldn't do that!" and an explination would be fine.

I'm still on the stance of if we take Tua he gets IR'ed immediately. I really would love to just keep the picks we have and keep building this team.

Teams replace vets with younger players or players they think might have more upside all the time, if they didn't what's the point in drafting a rookie? Using your logic why would a team like Detroit move Matt Stafford and replace him with a rookie? Bottom line is if you think you're getting someone with more potential and talent, plus someone who's career arch is going to be inline with your rookie qb you might want to consider it. If you're keeping a pick you would otherwise have to include in the trade to move up and you're getting a unique talent at wr I don't see the big deal. Plus I never said they should or shouldn't make the move, just asking for feedback. A simple "I wouldn't do that!" and an explination would be fine.

You're out of your MIND!! There's your feedback.

Back
Top Bottom