Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins

I have my opinion, you have yours. If we draft Tua, I hope your right. It is clear that Tua improved over this season, but I still have some doubts. Maybe it was the way the offense was designed and not him, but I feel he can improve there. We will see. To his desire to play, he clearly declared for the draft only due to injury. He wanted to go back to Alabama this season. He has a controlling family, does his Dad want the NFL or does Tua? The injury history speaks for itself.

It is funny to me how overprotective Tua fans are. They see him as a savior and just cannot handle any questioning of his skill set, even going so far as to think that the hip injury will have zero impact on him. They even have to resort to bashing Burrows because he threatens Tua's pos as the best college QB out there. It is unhealthy. At least try to be a bit objective. In the end, all our opinions have zero influence anyway. The Dolphins will do what they want and time will reveal the truth.
Who’s bashing Burrow? Don’t reply to me about bashing Burrow because I have not mentioned him in my original statement. Some posters may resort to that but I couldn’t care less about Burrow.

I'm not against drafting Tua. I am just against trading up for him. I wonder how the Ravens had such great success all these years? I guess Flaco really was a top 10 QB overall?
Sure, we only have to make sure we have two All-Time defensive greats at their positions in order to compete. Clearly easier than finding a top 10 QB.

Last edited:
You are worried that NE is going to move up to the 2 spot to take Tua. That is irrational fear, which is why you are ok with trading away the draft for a badly injured player. This is called reaching, which also doesn't typically end well for the person making the reach.
Irrational fear? You think I want to trade up to 2 to avoid NE doing it? I don't care who does it. Fear is being petrified to take a chance and perpetually playing it safe because you've convinced yourself that is the sound strategy.

I'm not against drafting Tua. I am just against trading up for him. I wonder how the Ravens had such great success all these years? I guess Flaco really was a top 10 QB overall?

Exactly, I would s*** my pants if Tua fell to 5 because I know how talented he is.

I mean the guy was the #1 prospect in the country before setting foot on Alabama and then saved Saban from starting Hurts in the chip over his 5 star a**, so yea.

But we don't need to get desperate and do a ridiculous trade up for this guy, he has legit durability concerns.

If another team gets desperate and takes Tua @ 2 that doesn't make our draft a complete failure lol, it may even be a blessing in disguise.

Exactly, I would s*** my pants if Tua fell to 5 because I know how talented he is.

I mean the guy was the #1 prospect in the country before setting foot on Alabama and then saved Saban from starting Hurts in the chip over his 5 star a**, so yea.

But we don't need to get desperate and do a ridiculous trade up for this guy, he has legit durability concerns.

If another team gets desperate and takes Tua @ 2 that doesn't make our draft a complete failure lol, it may even be a blessing in disguise.
I agree. There are some people who think the only way we could ever win another game is by trading up for Tua. I'd draft him at 5 no problem but trading high picks to move up gives me pause.

The fact that you have to use exceptions to try and make a case should tell you enough but keep living with your head in the sand.

Meanwhile the chiefs, packers, saints, patriots, texans, seahawks, and eagles will have the same "success" year in year out because they have their QB.

beg shoot steal i don't really care as long as we acquire our QB. I believe Tua is that guy. I have before his injury and I still do now, so...i guess that's it
If the Patriots and Seahawks were so smart when it came to selecting their QB,s, why did the Patriots wait until the 6th round to draft Brady and the Seahawks wait until the 3rd round to draft Wilson.?

The only teams that traded up to select their QB’s were the Chiefs and the Eagles. The Chiefs made a great decision and the Eagles decision is still a huge question mark. The Eagles won their SB with a backup QB, not with the QB they traded up to draft.

The Saints didn’t draft Brees but I give them credit for signing him as a free agent. The Packers and Texans were smart enough to draft their QB’s once they had their first round pick but neither team traded up to make that pick.

So other than the Chiefs who traded up for Mahomes after 9 teams passed on him and Wentz who I think is vastly overrated, the rest of these team were just fortunate that they were able to select their QB’s when they did.

I think when you look at all these QB’s except for Mahomes, it is fairly evident that you don’t have to trade up in the draft to get a franchise QB. You just have to be very lucky to have a franchise QB fall to you in the draft or in the case of Brees, in free agency.

If the Patriots and Seahawks were so smart when it came to selecting their QB,s, why did the Patriots wait until the 6th round to draft Brady and the Seahawks wait until the 3rd round to draft Wilson.?

The only teams that traded up to select their QB’s were the Chiefs and the Eagles. The Chiefs made a great decision and the Eagles decision is still a huge question mark. The Eagles won their SB with a backup QB, not with the QB they traded up to draft.

The Saints didn’t draft Brees but I give them credit for signing him as a free agent. The Packers and Texans were smart enough to draft their QB’s once they had their first round pick but neither team traded up to make that pick.

So other than the Chiefs who traded up for Mahomes after 9 teams passed on him and Wentz who I think is vastly overrated, the rest of these team were just fortunate that they were able to select their QB’s when they did.

I think when you look at all these QB’s except for Mahomes, it is fairly evident that you don’t have to trade up in the draft to get a franchise QB. You just have to be very lucky to have a franchise QB fall to you in the draft or in the case of Brees, in free agency.

missing the point buddy - all I’m saying is how important QBs are.

how each team got them is irrelevant, the point they have em and that’s why year in year out in most cases they’ll be in contention

You may not think it’s worth trading up for Tua, but I think he’s that guy, and that makes him worth trading up for in my eyes.

I want contention. Every year.

I don’t buy this Mack to Washington rumor in the slightest.

Bears would have to give up a lot more than Mack, he hasn’t appreciated in value after two years in Chicago.

Unless Washington was going to flip him for more picks, makes no sense for their franchise.

Im calling everyone’s bluff this year, GMs will be playing poker like never before. I do think we have less than a 50% chance of landing Tua though.

The seahawks waited to draft Wilson because they had just signed Matt Flynn to be their starting QB. Wilson just happened to beat him out because he turned out to be...Russell Wilson.

The pats took Brady because they already had Drew Bledsoe...Brady would never have started if Bledsoe didnt almost die on the field.

The seahawks waited to draft Wilson because they had just signed Matt Flynn to be their starting QB. Wilson just happened to beat him out because he turned out to be...Russell Wilson.

The pats took Brady because they already had Drew Bledsoe...Brady would never have started if Bledsoe didnt almost die on the field.

Brady would have never made the roster if not for Scott Pioli. Belichek didn’t want to keep the extra spot for a noodle armed 6th rounder.

Amazing how “genius” works.

Rejection by the Dolphins is your barometer for whether or not a player is worthy? Jay Ajayi and Damien Williams would like to tell you how much they are enjoying their Super Bowl rings. Get real.
EVERY player the Dolphins have bailed on has had major success elsewhere lately. This franchise can't develop or spot talent if its life depended on it. They need each and every draft pick they now have, and likely MORE, in order to cobble together a few semi-hits.

Yet some want to trade it all away to get an injured and brittle player. That is NOT Insanity... it is whatever is 3 or 4 Degrees PAST Insanity.

Rejection by the Dolphins is your barometer for whether or not a player is worthy? Jay Ajayi and Damien Williams would like to tell you how much they are enjoying their Super Bowl rings. Get real.

Again your comprehension is wanting you don’t read my thread and respond about SB winners???

Later you write On another thread you are OK drafting Tua at 5 OA but today you wrote on another post that Tua won’t be on an active roster before his rookie deal is up

Excellent job!!

In the past three drafts 11 QBs have been taken in the first round. Seven out of that 11 the team moved up to do it and two teams already had the first pick and didn't have to move up. Because of the rookie wage scale, the days of being cautious when it comes to drafting QBs is over.

I want contention. Every year.

You came to the right place … :lol:

contention
[kənˈten(t)SH(ə)n]

NOUN

1. heated disagreement.
    "the captured territory was one of the main areas of contention between the two countries"
    synonyms:
    disagreement · dispute · disputation · argument · variance · discord · hostility · conflict · friction · acrimony · enmity · strife · dissension · disharmony · quarreling · feuding
  2. an assertion, especially one maintained in argument.
    "statistics bear out his contention that many runners are undertrained for this event"

Back
Top Bottom