Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins

I still think Tua's hip may be great during the Spring and Summer, but one big hit in a game worries me. Let's go after the first pick if we are trying to get to 2. If you're gonna be a bear, be a Grizzly. Why settle for the 2nd pick. If the FO wants to give away some of our assets for a QB, I'd rather they get the first pick and select an injury free Burrow.

Tuas already said he’s not throwing at the combine. Probably won’t even be cleared for football activities by then. It’s 2 weeks away

Jumping to #2 is a no-brainer imo. That way we are guaranteed to have a shot at a franchise QB, or at the very least the top defensive player. I'd rather spend my draft picks on an elite player than a bunch of "just okay" ones. If the Redskins are open to it (and they should be) Miami needs to pull the trigger sooner rather than later.

Jumping to #2 is a no-brainer imo. That way we are guaranteed to have a shot at a franchise QB, or at the very least the top defensive player. I'd rather spend my draft picks on an elite player than a bunch of "just okay" ones. If the Redskins are open to it (and they should be) Miami needs to pull the trigger sooner rather than later.

I would imagine any trade wouldn’t happen until Washington is on the clock, unless Miami is also happy with snagging Burrow. If they are happy with either QB, we may see them make the trade early.

I would imagine any trade wouldn’t happen until Washington is on the clock, unless Miami is also happy with snagging Burrow. If they are happy with either QB, we may see them make the trade early.

Why wouldn’t they want Burrow?...Clearly QB1!

I make the trade to two as soon as I see the bengals make the selection of Burrow. The only thing that should stop it is when Washington says no way we are taking him.

I see 2 key questions to resolve.
(1) Tua Tagovailoa's health status. How far away is he from 100% healthy and able to start? Miami has the luxury of being able to sit him on the bench for the next year to learn from Fitz how to lead - how to read defenses - how to inspire teammates - how to handle the media, etc. And we still have Rosen as a backup if the bearded one gets injured. Not all of our competitors have that sort of luxury to be able to just let Tua sit and learn while he fully recovers.
(2) How big is the perceived talent variance between Tua, Herbert and Love? GM Chris Grier, Reggie McKenzie (who's been quietly evaluating all emerging college talent for the past year while Grier accumulated Draftpicks) and others in the Dolphins organization have definitely put the work in to determine their respective college player rankings. While most on here probably believe that Tua is at least the second best QB in the Draft (let's assume that Joe Burrow will go to the Bengals - given owner and GM, Mike Brown's track record of never, ever trading away a high Draft pick). There is still the possibility that the differential between Herbert or Love and Tua is small. Tua is extremely accurate. However, don't forget the incredible talent at Alabama that he has been throwing to. Jerry Jeudy is very, very good. Henry Ruggs, DeVonta Smith and others are all good, plus the stable of great RBs to run the ball and the quality O-line to protect him. However, while Herbert has a really big arm, he had comparatively limited talent around him at the Ducks. Yes, he's an obvious introvert, but he does have talent. What could he do with WR's like DeVante Parker to throw to?
Remember, Mike Evans helped to make Johnny Manziel look good at Texas A & M, and get drafted in the first round.

Last edited:
I see 2 key questions to resolve.
(1) Tua Tagovailoa's health status. How far away is he from 100% healthy and able to start? Miami has the luxury of being able to sit him on the bench for the next year to learn from Fitz how to lead - how to read defenses - how to inspire teammates - how to handle the media, etc. And we still have Rosen as a backup if the bearded one gets injured. Not all of our competitors have that sort of luxury to be able to just let Tua sit and learn.
(2) How big is the perceived talent variance between Tua, Herbert and Love? GM Chris Grier, Reggie McKenzie (who's been quietly evaluating all emerging college talent for the past year while Grier accumulated Draftpicks) and others in the Dolphins organization have definitely put the work in to determine their respective college player rankings. While most on here probably believe that Tua is at least the second best QB in the Draft (let's assume that Joe Burrow will go to the Bengals - given owner and GM, Mike Brown's track record of never, ever trading away a high Draft pick). There is still the possibility that the differential between Herbert or Love and Tua is small. Tua is extremely accurate. However, don't forget the incredible talent at Alabama that he has been throwing to. Jerry Jeudy is very, very good. Henry Ruggs, DeVonta Smith and others are all good, plus the stable of great RBs to run the ball. However, while Herbert has a really big arm, he had comparatively limited talent around him at the Ducks. Yes, he's an obvious introvert, but he does have talent. What could he do with WR's like DeVante Parker to throw to?
Remember, Mike Evans helped to make Johnny Manziel look good at Texas A & M, and get drafted in the first round.
For #2, there's a recent article around the internet somewhere that rates the college QBs accuracy far more in depth in that it attempts to remove the pass catching talent from the equation and Tua ranked #2 in all of college football.

He was both extremely accurate AND had a bunch of talent at the WR positions which is why he skipped a bunch of 4th quarters.

He probably is for a lot of teams. He might even be for most teams. But he isn’t “clearly” QB1. Some teams likely rank Tua higher.

If Tua hadn’t had the four lower extremity injuries in his short career... if he had ever made it through a whole college season healthy...it would be debatable.

Since the above didn’t happen...Since Burrow beat him in a head to head matchup In Tuscaloosa...since Burrow posted the greatest QB season in College football history......

Are you aware Burrow has more than 50% more attempts than Tua?....And he is a one year wonder?

We’re talking a college coaches son....with perfect mechanics....who reads the field with the best and feels the pass rush!

Burrow is QB1!

If Tua hadn’t had the four lower extremity injuries in his short career... if he had ever made it through a whole college season healthy...it would be debatable.

Since the above didn’t happen...Since Burrow beat him in a head to head matchup In Tuscaloosa...since Burrow posted the greatest QB season in College football history......

Are you aware Burrow has more than 50% more attempts than Tua?....And he is a one year wonder?

We’re talking a college coaches son....with perfect mechanics....who reads the field with the best and feels the pass rush!

Burrow is QB1!

Tua is still likely QB1 on several team’s boards. Burrow isn’t likely the universal QB1.

My only problem with Burrow is, are we gonna get the 2018 version where he had 4 games of 0 touchdowns thrown or are we gonna get the 2019 version which had the greatest season ever.

Also since he was graduated all he did was practice and study film while all other kids had to balance school and football, how much does that factor into his dominance?

Both qbs have questions, one is injury, other is can he actually get better.

My only problem with Burrow is, are we gonna get the 2018 version where he had 4 games of 0 touchdowns thrown or are we gonna get the 2019 version which had the greatest season ever.

Also since he was graduated all he did was practice and study film while all other kids had to balance school and football, how much does that factor into his dominance?

Both qbs have questions, one is injury, other is can he actually get better.

The consistency is what I think pushes Tua to the top of some boards. Burrow had an epic season for sure, but he was lackluster previously. Tua has been consistently top notch. It’s not a clear cut QB1 and QB2 this draft.

The consistency is what I think pushes Tua to the top of some boards. Burrow had an epic season for sure, but he was lackluster previously. Tua has been consistently top notch. It’s not a clear cut QB1 and QB2 this draft.

Really? Tua had 600+ pass attempts at Alabama and never made it through a whole season healthy (how will he make it through an NFL season?)

Burrow had over 900 attempts... clearly more reps and seasoning.

Back
Top Bottom