Miami Dolphins Set To Now Accept Litecoin As Cryptocurrency | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Set To Now Accept Litecoin As Cryptocurrency

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Miami-Dolphins-stock-750x375.jpg

Litecoin could help boost cryptocurrency to an even broader audience. On Friday, the foundation behind the world's fourth-largest cryptocurrency announced a partnership with the Miami Dolphins.

https://www.ccn.com/news/litecoin-miami-dolphins-crypto-payments/2019/07/12/

Litecoin could help boost cryptocurrency to an even broader audience. On Friday, the foundation behind the world's fourth-largest cryptocurrency announced a partnership with the Miami Dolphins.

https://www.ccn.com/news/litecoin-miami-dolphins-crypto-payments/2019/07/12/

They will also be accepting Bitcoin (BTC) as well, despite the partnership with the Litecoin Foundation. It was a crazy day for Bitcoin yesterday: the first crypto NFL partnership and the first mention of Bitcoin/crypto assets by a sitting US president, merely 10 years after Bitcoin's creation.

The initial use case will be spending BTC/LTC for raffle entry. What I would ultimately love to see at Hard Rock stadium is not ticket/merch/food payment, but a gambling and/or fantasy mobile platform where fans can use LTC to gamble, play-by-play. Sort of an adaption of the rumored AAF technology (which isn't ready), utilizing crypto payments.

Please god, let this make LTC take off cause I'm sitting in a big fat negative of LTC right now.

I'm out around $3000 so far...most of my coins/tokens have been cashed in... have only 3-$400 left in cryptocurrency....here's hoping for a rebound

You guys will be just fine. HODL! If you both went in altcoins around Late 2017- Mid 2018, it was literally the worst time to do it. But with the volatility and speed of this market and its cycles, I doubt you'll be waiting very long. buy the dip lol

We will see more institutional investors enter the space not only to due to upgrades in infrastructure, but rushed regulation over Facebook's Libracoin. To see another bull run/alt season as in 2017, the total crypto market cap must go up. Anddd Bitcoin is going to likely need another ATH pump before we see that money flood into alts.

Gold stocks are doing well for me right now.

yikes

Fins Up!

Last edited:
They will also be accepting Bitcoin (BTC) as well, despite the partnership with the Litecoin Foundation. It was a crazy day for Bitcoin yesterday: the first crypto NFL partnership and the first mention of Bitcoin/crypto assets by a sitting US president, merely 10 years after Bitcoin's creation.

The initial use case will be spending BTC/LTC for raffle entry. What I would ultimately love to see at Hard Rock stadium is not ticket/merch/food payment, but a gambling and/or fantasy mobile platform where fans can use LTC to gamble, play-by-play. Sort of an adaption of the rumored AAF technology (which isn't ready), utilizing crypto payments.

You guys will be just fine. HODL! If you both went in altcoins around Late 2017- Mid 2018, it was literally the worst time to do it. But with the volatility and speed of this market and its cycles, I doubt you'll be waiting very long. buy the dip lol

We will see more institutional investors enter the space not only to due to upgrades in infrastructure, but rushed regulation over Facebook's Libracoin. To see another bull run/alt season as in 2017, the total crypto market cap must go up. Anddd Bitcoin is going to likely need another ATH pump before we see that money flood into alts.

yikes

Fins Up!

I'm just hoping the ton of ripple (XRP) I bought will eventually make up for it all.

I'm just hoping the ton of ripple (XRP) I bought will eventually make up for it all.

Ripple is a top player currently, and when Altcoins recover, Ripple will be in the mix. As a software architect nerd, I am personally sour on Ripple due it's centralized nature. It lacks the unique architectural characteristics of say Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Litecoin.

Just a brief history: The protocol was originally set to function much like Bitcoin's layer 2 Lightning Network, but there was a change in consensus implemented by Ripple Lab's in 2014. This allowed gateways to freeze/confiscate coins from any user, even without a valid signature.

In 2015, the US regulatory authorities fined Ripple Labs $700k for violating the bank secrecy act. To comply, Ripple labs agreed to register with FinCEN, comply with AML regulations, external audits, allowance of regulators to analyze Ripple transactions and flow of XRP. In a 2015 dispute, Ripple Labs exercised XRP's Freeze feature against one of their own founders. This sort of thing is impossible on Bitcoin due to it's decentralized nature. Trump can't stop Bitcoin, he can only temporarily freeze US exchanges, or if he is smart, acquire as much as possible.

That being said, Ripple works. It has been around a while, it has some serious connections & partnerships, and a cult like following among crypto nerds (haha which is good). They can be a major player in the future of payments. I think what Facebook is doing with Libracoin is stupid, because with Ripple you don't need a Libracoin. Despite the freeze feature, XRP is not dying.

If you want to read more about the history of Ripple, I recommend this from Bitmex research. It's an excellent read https://blog.bitmex.com/the-ripple-story/

gl!

PS: My comments regarding architecture do & will not correlate to the price or success of XRP. Like I said, they are major players. But history is good to know. For those who dabble in crypto and don't have a technical background, research on the history of a protocol could help avoid a scam. You don't need to understand Software Architecture to research the history of BSV and know that is a complete scam. I am likely getting this thread moved with my crypto rant, i'm sorry OP. But if anyone is interested and/or looking for some solid resources in the space, or has any questions, DMs me.

Last edited:
Thinking about a job change need to meet with my investment advisor.

That's it for the entire off season.

I would just like if the app would work correctly on game day at the concession stands.....and apply the season ticket discount consistently etc

Back
Top Bottom