Miami Dolphins should sign punter Matt Araiza so he can kick it to the Bills | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins should sign punter Matt Araiza so he can kick it to the Bills

They already have two punters on the roster who are considered excellent candidates. One is a former pro bowl punter and the other punter was one of the top punters in college last season. They don’t need Araiza or the issues his signing would bring to the organization.

If the front office and coaching staff were to consider Araiza as a better option than Turk or Bailey they could always sign him and release one of the punters currently on the roster.

On the other hand if the team is going to be as good as we all hope, it likely won't matter which of the 3 punters are on the roster. Of the 272 regular season games, I doubt there are 10 games all season that the outcome of the game could be tied directly to the success or failure of the punter.

They already have two punters on the roster who are considered excellent candidates. One is a former pro bowl punter and the other punter was one of the top punters in college last season. They don’t need Araiza or the issues his signing would bring to the organization.

What issues? That they signed a player cleared of any wrongdoing as it was proved he was elsewhere at the time of the alleged crime?

I'm sure if it were YOU that had false allegations detract your career path -- your POV would be drastically different.

There's an old adage "everyone deserves a 2nd chance". Some may buy into it, others may not. But this guy didn't even get a 1st chance.

Nobody should be offended or bothered if someone wrongly accused of something gets a shot at their dream.

Moving on beyond that, who cares if the Dolphins have 2 decent candidates at the position already. The more competition, the better. Whomever the best player is gets the gig. Simple as that.

I'll bet a Million bucks that if the player in question was an offensive lineman rather than a punter and that player was considered talented enough to compete for a starting position -- most here would be all for adding to the competition pool.

Last edited:
We just don’t have the need with Bailey and Turk here. That’s already going to be a strong competition.

I hope Ariaza gets a shot somewhere.

I don't understand the logic here. What's the problem with adding more talent and more competition?? Add as much as you can and let the cream rise to the top.

Neither Bailey nor Turk are sure things or perennially the best at the position. Bailey was let go by his previous team and Turk has no prior NFL experience.

It's not as if Miami has Ray Guy or Reggie Roby on the roster in their prime.

Regardless of positonal group, the entire idea is to amass as much talent as you can then let things sort themselves out during the Summer and pre-season.

I don't see why anybody here should be against that principle. I mean, is the position of punter among 2 uncertain players somehow off limits to more competition?

Araiza was talented enough to be drafted by an NFL team and a player of his talent at his position doesn't always become available like this. Unique circumstances, for sure. Unless it's cost prohibitive, why not take advantage and take a shot?

Back
Top Bottom