Miami Dolphins Should Steer Clear Of Qb Kyler Murray

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by DKphin, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Lovethefish

Lovethefish Well-Known Member

I think the baseball alternative is a negative factor.
    It’s not inconceivable that Murray plays 1-2 seasons of football - gets beat up and turns to baseball. Most players don’t have that option- 2 factors drive players: money and love for the game.

Murray can satisfy both of these via baseball - and it’s unique to Murray. It’s a risk. That’s all. Throw it in the assessment pot and do what you will.

2. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

Granted, all I do is watch a few highlight videos but Kyler Murray doesn't look impressive to me. Couple that with the uncertainty and size and I wouldn't touch him in the first.

So far for me Drew Locke is the guy I'd target, again just based off highlight packages. Has a cannon, has a good looking release and he seems to know when to hold it, when to get rid of it quick and when to use his legs.

3. finomenal

finomenal FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Kyler has the talent to change a team imho. The Oakland A's felt the same way, using the 9th overall pick on him. A pick they may end up losing, but it was worth the gamble. Baseball scouts say besides the speed, his swing is incredible.

I'd say do whatever it takes to get him in Miami, develop him, put enough pieces around him, and make it hard for him to want to go back to baseball. If he just loves baseball more regardless, then fine. At least you tried. It would only be the 2nd time the Dolphins drafted a QB in the 1st round since Marino retired. Gotta keep taking swings. No pun intended. Ok, maybe a little.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    Dbest and j-off-her-doll like this.
  4. finomenal

finomenal FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

https://www.mlb.com/athletics/news/kyler-murray-signs-with-athletics/c-281361954

5. LargoFin

LargoFin A True Fan

Miami Dolphins should move up to top of the draft for a QB. They don't need to draft Murray. There are two other quarterbacks. They just need to get one of them. To do that, they need to move up to #2.

6. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Either Murray will show the promise of a great QB by that point, or it won't matter what he does. Do you think, if he chooses football, that he'll walk away when he's broken out or is on the cusp of breaking out? Again, if he chooses baseball, his opportunity at a decent first contract in the NFL is done. If he chooses football, his opportunity at a decent first contract in the MLB is done. There's no middle ground on this issue.

Assuming he chooses football, for him to quit and go play baseball, he'd lose millions to play for peanuts in the minor leagues. If you're factoring that into your plausible scenarios, don't forget car accidents and lightning strikes.

Lovethefish and BobDole like this.
  7. Manning

Manning Scout Team

Everyone keeps saying MLB when referring to baseball. The problem with baseball is that it's not like football where if your good out of collage it's straight to the NFL. There is a minor league system where these players are just as good, fast, and strong as you are. If you take a look at a MLB draft and the first round picks on any given year a great percentage of those guy you will never have heard of. There is no guarantee of the highest level in baseball (MLB) as there is in football where every first rounder will have a developing opportunity in the NFL

j-off-her-doll likes this.
  8. meatpardle

meatpardle Well-Known Member

Fair point but bad example - Ryan Leaf was an ******* and had red flags from before he was drafted. Murray 's only crime (as it does seem at times that he's being treated like a criminal) is being good at two sports and prematurely leaning to one of them. There's nothing to suggest that he is unprofessional or will not be committed to whatever he chooses.

I'm not particularly interested in drafting him at #13, but that's to do with other factors. There is an extremely unfair narrative that seems to be being pushed that he's going to pack his bags and go running for the MLB the first time he gets sacked. Sure if he fails he can pull a Tebow and try out at baseball, but it seems this kid is being unfairly judged.

9. mmikel30

mmikel30 Starter

This is all about money with him he prefers baseball and is using the nfl as leverage to get more coin. I’ll pass

10. FinPhan54

FinPhan54 Well-Known Member

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!!!!?!?!?!? I would consider killing myself if I had to sit through 2 f***ing years of Osweiler. Give me Fales, Falk, hell give me Jake Rudock... PLEASE no Osweiler. I would be madder than Michael Scott when Toby came back.

mrbunglez and Manning like this.
  11. DPhinz_DPhinz

DPhinz_DPhinz FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

If you are going to tank...might as well REALLY tank.

12. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Yeah I’m with you. I’ll watch anyone except Osweiler and Cutler.

13. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Reading Is Fundamental Donator

I agree. Anyone but Osweiler or Tannehill. I want to see what Falk or Rudock can do.

Birdmond likes this.
  14. Rowdy1972

Rowdy1972 Well-Known Member

Its not real easy to play major league baseball to begin with. Its really not easy to just take off 2-3 years and pick it back up. Sure some teams will give him a chance but it would be a chance in A ball haha hes sort of a work in progress as a baseball player right now anyways. Taking 2-3 three off would be a death nail IMO.

15. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Da Dalphins

They would give him a shot. But multi millions wouldnt come for years in baseball. Like a lot of years. so he would be leaving a ton of money on the board. He would be leaving millions a year, for a $1500 a month paycheck for a couple years.