Miami Dolphins Sign David Rivers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Sign David Rivers

This team is serious about additional secondary guys in this scheme.

Why do I have a sneaky suspicion that Tankersley is not doing well in recovery or perhaps some other player isn't healthy and Miami is looking at camp bodies in Hope's of finding a contributing role player? I also get the feeling CB is going to be very high on the shopping list come the off season and draft.

Why do I have a sneaky suspicion that Tankersley is not doing well in recovery or perhaps some other player isn't healthy and Miami is looking at camp bodies in Hope's of finding a contributing role player? I also get the feeling CB is going to be very high on the shopping list come the off season and draft.

Wait, were you actually expecting Tank to provide any meaning form of contribution to this football team? Yikes!

Let me help you out here. Tank is DONE!!

As I've said before, I have zero confidence in Tank coming back to this team.

I thought there was a strong possibility we addressed corner in the last draft. Depending on what/if we are giving up for a QB, we may not get a corner til the third round. I think pass rusher has to be top defensive priority. I hate to go the FA route at either of those positions, as quality is generally overpriced.

Wait, were you actually expecting Tank to provide any meaning form of contribution to this football team? Yikes!

Let me help you out here. Tank is DONE!!
Nope that's not what I was implying. I was being sarcastic about Tankersley. I never thought he was going to make any meaningful contribution this year due to his injury situation. My suspicion is he's not available until late in the season. I personally think he's done in Miami. CB is a premium with this coaching staff. That's why I suspect it to be a huge priority.

Nope that's not what I was implying. I was being sarcastic about Tankersley. I never thought he was going to make any meaningful contribution this year due to his injury situation. My suspicion is he's not available until late in the season. I personally think he's done in Miami. CB is a premium with this coaching staff. That's why I suspect it to be a huge priority.
I have nothing against the guy, whatsoever, but he may never play meaningful NFL minutes again.

He had technique issues in college. He had the same exact issues here. He relies soley on athletic ability, and that doesn't cut it at this level, unless you are Dieon good. If he's even a sixteenth step slower because of the injury, he's likely done.

Look at Lippett, for example.

Miami is signing a lot of corners because Miami will have a lot of corners on the field.

Dime will be a norm around here.

He's nine months removed from an acl tear. Expecting him back so soon at a competitive level would be bananas.

I have nothing against the guy, whatsoever, but he may never play meaningful NFL minutes again.

He had technique issues in college. He had the same exact issues here. He relies soley on athletic ability, and that doesn't cut it at this level, unless you are Dieon good. If he's even a sixteenth step slower because of the injury, he's likely done.

Look at Lippett, for example.

Lippett was, what? 5th round pick? 7th? Eitherway, He Contribute more to this team than Mr.2nd round pick.

The guy was clearly out of his league and the people saying he was better than Lippett need to get their eyes checked.

In all my years of watching the Dolphins I have NEVER seen a player regressed so quickly from year 1 to year 2. IF you disagree name the like player? Anyway, It's unbelievable how bad he got in such a short time. The guy was giving 20 yards cushions and was still terrified of getting beat.

He's nine months removed from an acl tear. Expecting him back so soon at a competitive level would be bananas.

Acl tear is the least of his problems. Did you watch this guy "play" before the injury?

Lippett was, what? 5th round pick? 7th? Eitherway, He Contribute more to this team than Mr.2nd round pick.

The guy was clearly out of his league and the people saying he was better than Lippett need to get their eyes checked.

In all my years of watching the Dolphins I have NEVER seen a player regressed so quickly from year 1 to year 2. IF you disagree name the like player? Anyway, It's unbelievable how bad he got in such a short time. The guy was giving 20 yards cushions and was still terrified of getting beat.
I agree. Tony was the better of the two from the first day of rookie camp, despite tge fact that Tank had more raw athletic ability.

My point was, that type of injury can be basically carreer ending. Not always, not even usually, but it happens.

Back
Top Bottom