Miami Dolphins still have decent cap space | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins still have decent cap space

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
A six-pack of Miami Dolphins notes on a Friday:

▪ Even after spending $235.8 million in free agency this week (including $150 million guaranteed), the Dolphins still have decent 2020 cap space, according to my tabulations and two web sites that measure such things.

According to overthecap.com, the Dolphins still have $50 million in 2020 cap space without counting the nearly $3 million cap hit on linebacker Elandon Roberts, the $4.75 million cap hit on Jordan Howard and new edge player Shaq Lawson’s cap hit, which is not known because the contract has not been submitted and posted on the confidential players association website as of late Friday afternoon, according to a league source.

▪ Even after spending $235.8 million in free agency this week (including $150 million guaranteed), the Dolphins still have decent 2020 cap space, according to my tabulations and two web sites that measure such things.

According to overthecap.com, the Dolphins still have $50 million in 2020 cap space without counting the nearly $3 million cap hit on linebacker Elandon Roberts, the $4.75 million cap hit on Jordan Howard and new edge player Shaq Lawson’s cap hit, which is not known because the contract has not been submitted and posted on the confidential players association website as of late Friday afternoon, according to a league source.
Let’s get Clowney!!!! 2 year 27 mill

Neal Driscoll tweeted about the cap yesterday. So I checked both Over the Cap and Spotac to see what Miami's cap situation was. Both had Miami at $47M remaining for 2020. Driscoll said Miami would have about $80M for 2021, based on a cap total of $209m? But when I check Spotac for 2021, it said Miami had, $131M in cap space. Needless to say I was shocked, if that figure was true. Miami has done an excellent job managing the cap, kudos to Grier and Company.

I don’t use spotrac anymore, I don’t think it’s as accurate as over the cap.

So probably subtract 3, and ~5, and lets say another "8" for Lawson (who knows how its structured) ... so we probably have like ~35 mil left? Need some for rookies of course.

Still some room to add an OL/DL/S if they want one

Think we need 20m Draft, + maybe another FA OL,WR, money? still have a bundle. Wilson cap still in play (think 9m ish)?

Just thinking that the Chiefs are pretty strapped for Cap money (Mahones down the road Watkins big contract) and a good shot they may need to consider Jones Trade. Not a lot of potential customers but my question is, Would we consider him over say the Clowney or even Nga deal ???

Think we need 20m Draft, + maybe another FA OL,WR, money? still have a bundle. Wilson cap still in play (think 9m ish)?

Just thinking that the Chiefs are pretty strapped for Cap money (Mahones down the road Watkins big contract) and a good shot they may need to consider Jones Trade. Not a lot of potential customers but my question is, Would we consider him over say the Clowney or even Nga deal ???
I dont think we should go after any of the 3. All high priced and require trading picks for, minus clowney. Seems Flores wants to get role players for now instead of just 1 guy.

whatever is remaining, rookies will suck $18-20mm and Miami will likely carry $15mm into the season. I think they're done with big deals, unless one of those bigger cap numbers are accurate

I dont think we should go after any of the 3. All high priced and require trading picks for, minus clowney. Seems Flores wants to get role players for now instead of just 1 guy.

My only regret is we didn't get a quality DL or NT that IMO would boost the edges effectiveness considerably..
Oh ya another OL man would have been really nice. But we passed on some very good FA DL men ?

For some reason I have this paranoia of Clowney and all that dough being hurt and on the sidelines to often for such a huge salary. JMO

With 14 draft picks we are going to have to set a little aside, lol.

Younger and cheaper is good....

So is Proven NFL level talent and experience...

Both have their own individual qualities and the trick is the right balance of the two

Well, Finances are what they are and availablity is what it is...They're going to have a mixture of vets and rookies going into the next season. What more do you want?

Well, Finances are what they are and availablity is what it is...They're going to have a mixture of vets and rookies going into the next season. What more do you want?
Well since you asked I'd love a great FA, RT to go along with the one we get in the 1st rd. and also freeing us up early on a Draft opportunity for another needed area.... JMO

Back
Top Bottom