Miami Dolphins still have decent cap space | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins still have decent cap space

It's about to get even more boring. The State of New Jersey is about to declare a State Wide Shelter in Place Order. I'll be wiping my azz with wash rags pretty soon. This chit is real!!!!

How do the saints go out and spend money year after year?

I think the Clown potential Miami deal simply violates a core doctrine that's been firmly established
and beyond that the dirty SOB ain't worth that kinda change IMO.

If he definitively tipped the scales for us being a SB contender then "maybe," but NOT in phase 2
of a complete rebuild. Even tho the world is ruled by hypocrisy I don't believe Grier and Flores are
going to eat that bad fruit so early in the program...

I think the Clown potential Miami deal simply violates a core doctrine that's been firmly established
and beyond that the dirty SOB ain't worth that kinda change IMO.

If he definitively tipped the scales for us being a SB contender then "maybe," but NOT in phase 2
of a complete rebuild. Even tho the world is ruled by hypocrisy I don't believe Grier and Flores are
going to eat that bad fruit so early in the program...
Clowney had his chance. But he choose otherwise. That's on him. I don't foresee Miami making a move on Clowney, especially after what they've done so far in F/A. He made his feelings known last year. Time to move on.

Clowney had his chance. But he choose otherwise. That's on him. I don't foresee Miami making a move on Clowney, especially after what they've done so far in F/A. He made his feelings known last year. Time to move on.
Be careful what you say as it could come back and bite you.

Neal Driscoll tweeted about the cap yesterday. So I checked both Over the Cap and Spotac to see what Miami's cap situation was. Both had Miami at $47M remaining for 2020. Driscoll said Miami would have about $80M for 2021, based on a cap total of $209m? But when I check Spotac for 2021, it said Miami had, $131M in cap space. Needless to say I was shocked, if that figure was true. Miami has done an excellent job managing the cap, kudos to Grier and Company.

This is basically what is out there given the information available right now. So yes they have finally purged the rest of T-bag's bloated ridiculous contracts. It is also why I stopped reading the ESPN article about why Miami was a loser in FA because they paid 32m per year for two CBs (that number is going to look good by next year).

Last edited:
Clowney has 32 sacks in 6 years. Not the kind of production that matches what he is looking for in money.

Back
Top Bottom