Miami Dolphins Te Mike Gesicki Hasn’t Yet Dominated. Here’s Why. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Te Mike Gesicki Hasn’t Yet Dominated. Here’s Why.

they don't use him right...he's a vertical player, not drags. He should never be running drags or be a check down, he's not a YAC type player. Seams, corners, outs, post routes... mid to long range routes where his long stride helps, not hurts him. Total coaching failure, like everything else gase does.
Right on the money!

I'd be interested in knowing how often he lines up as a TE (on the end of the line). I would guess not often as he can't block worth a ****. If he's going to line up on the outside the majority of the time they should have just drafted a WR.

We picked the wrong tight end. Goedert was there and we passed up on him (a football player) for someone who was an athlete.

Everyone keeps saying this, but its not like Goedert has been lighting the league on fire (The Eagles are also a mess right now). Goedert may be the better player this year or early in his career, but I would not be surprised if Gesicki is the better of the 2 down the road. I'll take a year or 2 of developing if it turns into a much higher ceiling player.

I like Goedert too, but no one is factoring in he's playing on a super bowl team, with a true #1 TE alongside him, and an above avg QB. Defenses can't even focus on Goedert like they can on Gesicki.

Everybody blames the player when this happens and sometimes it is warranted. But I believe this coaching staff, especially Gase, gives up on players too quickly. It is only when they are forced to play a certain player that you will see them stick with him, i.e. McMillan. Gesicki had a few drops early on and he was really never given an opportunity after that. My God, the kid is a rookie. He is going to have growing pains. Very rare that anyone comes in and dominates from day one. I have no confidence in the coaching staff's assessment of any player they put on the field. I only have to reference Gase's undying loyalty to Tannehill and you can see why we have a bunch of overpaid morons in charge,

images

“I just want him to carry over what he’s doing in practice,” coach Adam Gase said. “We’re seeing a lot of good stuff on his releases, we’re seeing him make a lot of good plays in practice. He’s got to build on that, carry it over to the game, execute it the same way he does out here and just take it one week at a time, just keep getting better every week.”

“Sometimes we get the plays called for him and we just haven’t lately,” offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains said. “Sometimes it’s based on coverage, sometimes it’s based on the matchup. Is it we’re trying to get the ball to Kenyan (Drake) more or we’re trying to run the ball more, Wildcat package more? Mike is still a thought there and we need to do a better job of getting him the ball down there.”

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...d-last-week-and-hasnt-yet-dominated-heres-why

Remember PS when the hope was he'd be an EZ target? How many targets so far?

At the end of the day we drafted the wrong TE. Goedert was there and we passed on him because our FO/HC think they're smarter than everyone else when in fact they're not.

they don't use him right...he's a vertical player, not drags. He should never be running drags or be a check down, he's not a YAC type player. Seams, corners, outs, post routes... mid to long range routes where his long stride helps, not hurts him. Total coaching failure, like everything else gase does.
I dunno, I have yet to see him get any separation on vertical routes either. From what I've seen (limited sample size), he's not fighting through the press, and he doesn't have enough burst to accelerate past the defender. He also doesn't use his body to create space very well. But again, limited sample size.

At the end of the day we drafted the wrong TE. Goedert was there and we passed on him because our FO/HC think they're smarter than everyone else when in fact they're not.

Yes, The argument that Gesicki will catch and surpass Goedert is hindered by the reality that Gesicki is not normal.

If they looked mostly the same and had similar skills for the position then there's a much greater possibility that Gesicki winds up the superior player.

Clearly, Gesicki needs to do/be much better.
But honestly does anyone trust this coaching staff to develop anyone?
Especially rookies on the fundamentals of the game? Assignment? Playing smart?

This is how I feel as well. The coaching staff gets an F in development overall. This post was dead on. They do not develop and they do not utilize their players well.

I just hope he can stay on his feet, or not get bullied by smaller defenders. I think It was Aqua Orange that nailed his comparison...Big Bird on skates.
Gesicki running around looks like a guy the say after doing 1000 squats who can't feel their legs. But, hey he jumped high in shorts

Hes an All-Everthing Volleyball player Player trying to be a TE in Big Boy Football.

Funny title of thread. Gesicki has yet to be mediocre.

Not picking on you but who has been more than mediocre? Why pick on the rook? Out of the entire receiving group, we have Amendola leading the pack with a whopping 469 yards. Go take a look at the NFL WR rankings and you will not see MIami until #63. That is ridiculous and we are blaming Gesicki for not dominating? LOL. We don't have a receiver over 500 yards and we are in week 13!!

Gesecki like many of Miami's players is not used correctly and that falls on Gase. Gase is neither a QB whisperer nor offensive genius. Horrible hire from Ross and the front office.

Back
Top Bottom