Miami Dolphins training camp preview: Nik Needham | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins training camp preview: Nik Needham

I agree with this. There is a chance we move on from Howard at some point with all the money we have invested on that position. If Needham shows he can get the job done plus Iggy having being drafted in the first round, Howard could be on the block in the very near future.
Do you believe X has any real trade value at this point?

If he underperformes, or continues to be injury prone, who would take on the contract?

Don’t know if Howard will have any value if he sustains another injury, missing much of the season again. When they wrote his contract, it’s more team friendly in the last few years of it.
if he’s cut in 2022, 2.8m dead cap hit. If he’s cut in 2023, 1.4m dead cap hit. 2024 no dead cap hit.

B7F005FB-70C9-42B6-95E6-D771E907B8C9.jpeg

Don’t know if Howard will have any value if he sustains another injury, missing much of the season again. When they wrote his contract, it’s more team friendly in the last few years of it.
if he’s cut in 2022, 2.8m dead cap hit. If he’s cut in 2023, 1.4m dead cap hit. 2024 no dead cap hit.

View attachment 50922
Thanks for posting brother NJ. Good stuff. :ffic:

Do you believe X has any real trade value at this point?

If he underperformes, or continues to be injury prone, who would take on the contract?
I doubt any player would be traded at this point by any team but if we do have a season and he plays well then he could be traded in the off season.

I doubt any player would be traded at this point by any team but if we do have a season and he plays well then he could be traded in the off season.
Possibly, but if he plays well, I'm not sure I want to trade him. Obviously, it would depend on the return, but when he's "right" he's a top 5-10 corner.

X might be the first to really support a new direction for to FO. Let him go one year early and getting a lil something rather than one year too late and end up shaking our heads.

Back
Top Bottom