Miami Dolphins UDFA's signed. What's your opinion? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins UDFA's signed. What's your opinion?

More big uglies. What is there not to like? Even if one of any of them plays a back up or ST role...success.

We may be getting to the point where none of these guys make the team and that is not a bad thing. I would say Jones has the best shot because of his talent and need for depth there.

Benito Jones, Donnell Staley and are both interesting guys who could be unpolished gems.

I think they want to turn Tyshun Redner into a TE so i would imagine he is a practice squad project.

Kirk Merritt is certainly athletic enough to make a shot.

I would have liked to take a flier on Trey Adams as well.

Im surprised we even signed this many UDFAs. Between a few guys from last year's team that showed promise and thr sheer volume of players we drafted, I didnt think we had any room.
Also Isiah Ford was balling at the end of the year and seemed to me a solid placeholder for Preston Williams if P-Dub isnt 100% to start the season.

Benito Jones, Donnell Staley and are both interesting guys who could be unpolished gems.

I think they want to turn Tyshun Redner into a TE so i would imagine he is a practice squad project.

Kirk Merritt is certainly athletic enough to make a shot.

I would have liked to take a flier on Trey Adams as well.
Its the other DE they signed as a TE, Bryce Sterk.

Im surprised we even signed this many UDFAs. Between a few guys from last year's team that showed promise and thr sheer volume of players we drafted, I didnt think we had any room.
Also Isiah Ford was balling at the end of the year and seemed to me a solid placeholder for Preston Williams if P-Dub isnt 100% to start the season.

I was also surprised that we had signed so many so quickly. It seems in the past we would get about the same number of players, but it seemed to take place over a longer time span.

My conclusion is that these UDFA's were already on our draft board. It makes sense that a well prepared draft board would account for players that were not in the draft because no one knows who will move up or fall in the draft and you would need to have players identified for the later rounds who you would like, or else loose your position on the clock. This would be a natural end result of all the scouting that was done up to this point.

This would be a reasonable way to be "prepared" which is beginning to look like a hallmark of our new Front Office.

Doubt any of em make the roster. Maybe p squad

This would be what normally happens.

With what I've seen from the FO so far, I'm prepared to be surprised a lot, by who we keep and let go. If nothing else, it should make for a truly interesting off season between now and training camp, whenever that will be.

Benito Jones good chance to make roster.

Kaltmayer OT may beat out one of our J. Webb or Davenport tackles.

Everybody else is PS potential.

Did Kylan Johnson not make it here? Not seeing him amongst the UDFAs but he was listed on Saturday night after the draft. He's an LB out of Pitt.

Kylan Johnson

I was also surprised that we had signed so many so quickly. It seems in the past we would get about the same number of players, but it seemed to take place over a longer time span.

My conclusion is that these UDFA's were already on our draft board. It makes sense that a well prepared draft board would account for players that were not in the draft because no one knows who will move up or fall in the draft and you would need to have players identified for the later rounds who you would like, or else loose your position on the clock. This would be a natural end result of all the scouting that was done up to this point.

This would be a reasonable way to be "prepared" which is beginning to look like a hallmark of our new Front Office.

Last year we were working to set up the UDFA market by R4!

Maybe not this year with such an influx of talent?

But definitely this FO is meticulously prepared and stalking the prey at all times.

Like some other folks are saying -- we might have some PS players off these efforts

and for sure doubtful all the draftees land on the roster.

But what we did last year lets these kids know we have legit open competitions

(within reason). But I think the lack of OTAs and some truncation of TC (?) will really

hurt the wildcards...

Back
Top Bottom