Miami Dolphins vs AFC Elite teams

In my opinión top 5 QBs today:
1- Mahomes - Elite
2- Rodgers - Elite
3 - Watson - Elite
4 - Wilson - Elite
5 - Allen - almost there

Top 6 QBs I expect in the future:

Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, Allen, Herbert and Lawrence. 5 of them in the AFC.

When 6 out of a world of 32 are declared elite, what you really mean best of the group. Elite, in the context of a NFL QB, really should be defined as: multiple elite physical and mental traits (fast processing speed, low numbers of WTF mistakes) with NO significant/exploitable weaknesses constantly displayed over several seasons.

Clearly Mahomes and Rodgers had demonstrated the above. They have otherworldly physical and mental talents, and on defense, the best you can hope to do is to slow them down. They have a bad game here and there, but their bad seasons are better than the bottom 20 QB's. Watson and Wilson have many of the attributes, but have stretches where they run flat and seem to be managed by better defenses, so while they are damned good QBs, with Wilson looking like a sure fire HoF QB, I'm not sure sure they belong in the rarefied air of Mahomes, Rodgers, or Marino. Allen had an amazing year and is an amazing physical talent, but also had a really good team around him. Why don't we wait a year or two before he's in this discussion.

Back
Top Bottom